closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Civic Type R - any owners out there ?

Master

Civic Type R - any owners out there ?

I’m at the stage of browsing Type R ad’s. Specifically the FK2 which is the model before the current one. It was subject to much discussion when launched and divided opinion on its looks.

I really like the angular looks and shape. I’ve not driven one but I’ve got a number of Renaultsport cars so I doubt I would be too shocked in any department.

I just wondered if there are any FK2 owners out there or anyone who has any informed comment on these cars. They are not cheap, running at £20+ for a 5 yr old car but I do quite fancy ownership

Master
    My brother's got one. I can't add much to the conversation other than he loves it, also that he took me for a drive in it once and I was terrified.

HTH.

Don’t know much about the current iterations of the type R but had and EP3 with a few bits thrown on (gruppe M, K pro and Jdm front arb )

To this day it’s up there with the best car I’ve owned.

Master
    Are you not better off stretching the budget by a couple of grand and getting the most recent shape?
    From what I read, it’s a much better car than the previous generation.

I've had my one for almost 6 years now and its never missed a beat I lived in Germany with it for most of that time
    and would always drive it at 100mph plus
    Never had any problems and driving normally here you'll get around 35/40 mpg
    I'm not a fan of the newer model as it has to many flake vents here and there

Master
    Blog Entries
    I had an FK2 for a couple of years. I loved the way it looked and it was brilliant to drive. The only downsides for me were the rather droning soundtrack inside, which was wearing on long (150 mile) journeys and the tyre wear (fronts last around 8k miles, rears around twice that even when driven pretty gently).

The newer model (FK8) is an easier car to live with - more comfortable suspension options and less 'drony' - but it's more common as it has been available almost from the beginning of the 10th generation Civic run whereas the FK2 arrived almost at the end of the 9th gen's run. The FK2 prices have remained static or are rising slightly for a couple of years. In the long run I think it is more likely to become a classic.

I am thinking of getting another Type R - if I do, it will be an FK2

Master
    Blog Entries
    I used to have a type R, not sure which model.

My wife hated it but to be fair it did make me to drive too fast. I came to the conclusion it was too much car for the UK roads and sold it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Are you not better off stretching the budget by a couple of grand and getting the most recent shape?
    From what I read, it’s a much better car than the previous generation.
    I prefer the styling of the previous model, I like the sharp front end and the 4 tailpipes rather than the triple arrangement on the latest. Also the FK2 is out there in far less numbers

My 2021 Sport Touring (only 180 hp turbocharged). Love it, but it plays in a different league from the Type R (ST 0-60 in 7 seconds).

Last edited by pacifichrono; 22nd June 2021 at 01:05.