closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The World’s Worst Ever Book Signing Tour

Craftsman

The World’s Worst Ever Book Signing Tour

I hope this is okay to post here, please feel free to remove if it is against forum rules.

Earlier this week, a very good friend of mine embarked on what he has dubbed “The World’s Worst Ever Book Signing Tour” which will see him cycle 3000 miles round the UK on a Brompton bike. He’ll be towing a trailer with his tent and the essentials, and copies of a novel he has written, which he will be attempting to flog at every opportunity!

He’s doing all this for The Bowra foundation charity. The Foundation was formed by Mark Bowra, a former Special Forces officer and colleague of Ray, to inspire resilience amongst people suffering from neurological disorders through practical help and physical challenges alongside members of the Armed Forces community.

His route is live tracked, and knowing Ray, he’ll be stopping in every pub he comes to. If he happens to be in one near you, give him a shout and slip him a fiver for this worthwhile charity.

This is the link to his charity donation page

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/RayCarole1

And this is a link to a website with more details about his endeavour

https://www.raysbooktour.com/

He uploads amusing videos daily to his Instagram, detailing the trials and tribulations of his journey. He’s a cracking bloke, so anything anyone can donate would be much appreciated.

Cheers all,

Josh

I can't see a planned route or itinerary on the site, but I guess he's taking the coast of GB in? Hopefully catch him on his way around Fife!

Craftsman
    I think it'll be updated soon. He was originally going to do it with a mate following in a support vehicle, but at the eleventh hour decided to rough it and pull all his gear behind him, so his route times changed considerably.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    If he comes through brighton, I have a place to stay, food and a donation waiting.

Craftsman
    Brighton will be one of his last legs before returning home to Poole! I expect back down on the south coast is where a lot of his friends will meet him for some liquid refreshment!

The website is very entertaining, I've signed up for Ray's newsletter and will keep an eye on the route.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRockNRoll View Post
    Brighton will be one of his last legs before returning home to Poole! I expect back down on the south coast is where a lot of his friends will meet him for some liquid refreshment!
    He seems to be going around the country anticlockwise, went through Brighton last Thursday.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    He seems to be going around the country anticlockwise, went through Brighton last Thursday.

R
    Ha, you're right, I can even remember him posing with the old burned out pier. My mistake!

Craftsman
    Have just seen he made our local paper!

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/ne...-signing-tour/