closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My latest flame

Master

My latest flame

Bought one of these in 2016. Then sold it. After all these years of searching, a new 2021 watch is handed to me by a local AD. I am thrilled , incredibly excited ,and, very dangerous to say, will never part with it again.116509 .
    Happy man, poorer man, but that’s the right choice for me. Tangled up in blue.
    Btw: yes, all Daytona’s are pricey. You don’t seem able to avoid that.
    I feel a bit like a lucky child with a new toy.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by paskinner; 20th June 2021 at 09:34.

Master
    Congratulations. Don't forget that you are richer through the experience, and subsequent realisation that this is the one for you - glass half full (or even fully full LOL).

That is a beauty, and no point anyone reflecting on the Rolex they should have bought/kept. Best to look forward.

Beautiful watch.

Master
    That is lovely, no wonder you’re absolutely delighted.
    Enjoy!

Lovely, a step up from the YM42 certainly. Very lucky to have been given two of those over the years.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Lovely, a step up from the YM42 certainly. Very lucky to have been given two of those over the years.
    Thank you, but ‘given’ is a bit optimistic. I don’t really know how I managed it. Usually I get no-where.

Master
    Fantastic watch, big congrats :-)

I had the chance to buy one in February and as I’d just bought two watches I passed. I wonder if I’ll look back when it’s discontinued and regret it big time.

Master
    ‘Discontinued’? I don’t know about that, but the numbers seem so tiny that it hardly matters. I wonder if Rolex are moving-away from designs without ceramic bezels or Oysterflex straps? The times, they are changing…..

Master
    Blog Entries
    That’s exceptional. Gold Daytona is where the value is at.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    ‘Discontinued’? I don’t know about that, but the numbers seem so tiny that it hardly matters. I wonder if Rolex are moving-away from designs without ceramic bezels or Oysterflex straps? The times, they are changing…..
    Yep I’ve a feeling it will get discontinued. By that I mean they will probably tweak the model as ceramic is the way Rolex are heading. A couple of big watch dealers in the US were buying up this one and the green dial yellow Daytona before the new releases recently as they were convinced it was going to happen then. Only a matter of time I’d say and in the weird world of watches, if it happens it’s better for you - not that you’d ever sell of course :-)

That's lovely. Congratulations. I'm mulling over the 116508 green dial/yellow gold version but it's a lot of money to outlay. Your pics are reminding me how lovely PM Daytonas look.

Master
    Congratulations again, I love the heft of the solid gold daytona.

Excusing my ignorance, is this white gold, Peter?

Simon

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    Excusing my ignorance, is this white gold, Peter?

Simon
    18k white gold, smelted by Rolex (I’m told). It does look slightly different than steel…..just. You can generate lots of ‘what’s the point’ , but it has a lovely weight, and you dream of the quality,

Craftsman
    Very nice Peter

Thank you, but ‘given’ is a bit optimistic. I don’t really know how I managed it. Usually I get no-where.
    Did the YM42 sell via SC or did you chop it into the trade? I kept going back to the listing hoping for a reduction

Blog Entries
    Very very nice Peter! I bet it feels super special on the wrist being all gold.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    I always feel the pics of this watch don't do it justice.
    Was offered one back in November and tried it on and it's a special watch with a fair heft to it.
    I held out to get the oysterflex model but the blue dial on this is lovely.
    I'm sure someone was selling one of these in SC a few months ago at a very good price.

Craftsman
    that’s one of the nicest daytona’s with the stunning blue dial, anyone who knows their stuff will know that’s white gold because of the dial, also love the heft of the gold over the lighter steel pieces

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Did the YM42 sell via SC or did you chop it into the trade? I kept going back to the listing hoping for a reduction
    I sold it through SC, which really pleased me because I like local watches to stay with TZ people. I think nearly every watch I owned, over many years, stayed on SC.
    The exception was a white gold (!) DayDate which I sold to a northern dealer. At the time, DayDates were not so popular on the forum, although I think they are these days.

Craftsman
    Ooh, that’s a keeper. Nothing I’d change about that piece. Lovely.

Very good. Don’t make the same mistake again.

Very nice with some stickers still on the end links.

Be nice to see how that dial pops in the sun?

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Yep I’ve a feeling it will get discontinued. By that I mean they will probably tweak the model as ceramic is the way Rolex are heading. A couple of big watch dealers in the US were buying up this one and the green dial yellow Daytona before the new releases recently as they were convinced it was going to happen then. Only a matter of time I’d say and in the weird world of watches, if it happens it’s better for you - not that you’d ever sell of course :-)

This.

Will happen in the next 2-3 years with the move to ceramic for the Daytona PM models. My old Everose Daytona (on bracelet) was an instant scratch magnet, especially the Everose bezel.

Great dial on this WG piece.

Craftsman
    That’s v nice, a definite keeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rarely seeing anyone wearing a daytona these days not just because of its price but I believe mostly are kept in safe for appreciation.

Craftsman
    Lovely colour dial

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Love that Peter, big congratulations mate, and glad to see I’m not the only one that’s “done their wotsits” when buying the same PM piece twice!!

Congratulations - that looks very special indeed.

Master
    Congratulations. I recall seeing your first one on the Friday thread and I thought it looked fabulous. I was taken aback when you sold it, well done on finding another.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    That’s very special! Considering what the ceramic steel ones are going for in the grey market this model seems like a steal (excuse the pun!) !

Master
    I paid retail, that’s the cost. But it’s true, I think,in the general market, that the gold models look better priced. And, to my taste, they appear better, look better and feel better….anyone who gets the chance to make a real comparison will know for themselves. As for ‘ceramic’….do you prefer a fairly cheap synthetic material, hard and shiny, or a solid 18k gold bezel? Always choices.
    My guess is that, in the long term, ceramic will become less popular. But it’s always a guess.

Congrats both as a fellow owner and having read your countless posts wishing you hadn’t sold the first one!

Likewise congratulations as a fellow owner too. Picked mine up on Tuesday last week and the dial in different light is fabulous to behold. Some of my favourite shots...

Last edited by JC180; 27th June 2021 at 01:05.

Master
    Congratulations, you’ve discovered the sheer fun of examining this extraordinary dial, especially in sunshine. It seems UK ADs have been allocated one model each. So if anyone fancies one, now could be the right time.
    The model run began in 2016. Don’t know if 2021 is the end of the series. That would be five years.
    In a strange way, you could see this model as a ‘summer’ watch, which really comes to life in sunshine. Not so good on dark, wintery, days. It seeks the light.
    Last edited by paskinner; 27th June 2021 at 05:11.

Blimey, great pics of stunning watches

Quote Originally Posted by JC180 View Post
    Likewise congratulations as a fellow owner too. Picked mine up on Tuesday last week and the dial in different light is fabulous to behold. Some of my favourite shots...

Congrats
    The second photo is sublime.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Thanks Dan, and you're not even a Daytona man!

Craftsman
    Oh wow, that’s looks amazing in blue. Congrats.

Master
    Wrong thread sorry!
    Last edited by Craig; 29th June 2021 at 12:30.

Question

It seems UK ADs have been allocated one model each. So if anyone fancies one, now could be the right time.

Source for that statement on the release of c.40-50 new WG Daytona's released as a batch into the Rolex AD network please Peter?

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Source for that statement on the release of c.40-50 new WG Daytona's released as a batch into the Rolex AD network please Peter?
    It’s hardly inconceivable. They will be built in batches so will go out the door at the same time for delivery to dealer network.