closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: AP Code 11.59 on Rubber

  1. #1
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cockfosters & Cupertino
    Posts
    2,671

    AP Code 11.59 on Rubber

    ….well, almost. The new ceramic Codes are supplied with a “woven effect” rubber-coated leather strap. I think this looks a lot nicer and sportier than the standard crocodile strap. So, after a few emails, I popped down to the AP House in London and picked up a new strap.

    I also got a chance to look at the new ROO 43. The fum dial version is amazing and doesn’t seem to wear much bigger than my 42mm diver. The dial almost seems to glow. I also got to try on the red 11.59 which is very Moser!

    Despite the fact AP House has a fully stocked bar, I was only offered a soft drink - no afternoon G&T for me. The staff were fantastic though, fitted the strap and happily talked watches for 45 minutes.

    Here’s that new strap….






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gladders; 20th June 2021 at 08:47.

  2. #2
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    West Midlands, UK
    Posts
    255
    Very nice
    Love the sculpting of the case
    Nice touch for AP to include the strap
    Last edited by Mysqueek; 20th June 2021 at 09:42.

  3. #3
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    422
    Looks great, gives it a sporty look. The Code 3 handers are my favourite current AP design by a mile.

  4. #4
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Norfolk UK
    Posts
    450
    I really like that, is the case white gold? I had a look on the AP website but couldn't see this model.
    The case reminds me of my Moser.

    I think I have found now, is it this one?



    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by noidea; 20th June 2021 at 11:49.

  5. #5
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cockfosters & Cupertino
    Posts
    2,671
    Hi,

    Yes - that’s the one. It’s the first generation of the Code and I think it’s discontinued now. And, yes, it’s white gold.

    simon

    PS: I didn’t pay 27.5k for mine!

    Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    I really like that, is the case white gold? I had a look on the AP website but couldn't see this model.
    The case reminds me of my Moser.

    I think I have found now, is it this one?



    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Norfolk UK
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by gladders View Post
    Hi,

    Yes - that’s the one. It’s the first generation of the Code and I think it’s discontinued now. And, yes, it’s white gold.

    simon

    PS: I didn’t pay 27.5k for mine!
    Thanks Simon
    Did you get a discount on it new or was it used? If you don't mind me asking?
    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by noidea; 20th June 2021 at 12:01.

  7. #7
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cockfosters & Cupertino
    Posts
    2,671
    I got mine preowned from Watchfinder in Feb 2020. There was PX involved, but I paid around 18k.

    It was in perfect condition when I first got it, but Ive worn it a lot and its picked up some bumps and bruises.

    simon

    Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    Thanks Simon
    Did you get a discount on it new or was it used? If you don't mind me asking?
    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Norfolk UK
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by gladders View Post
    I got mine preowned from Watchfinder in Feb 2020. There was PX involved, but I paid around 18k.

    It was in perfect condition when I first got it, but Ive worn it a lot and its picked up some bumps and bruises.

    simon
    Ok that makes it certainly more within reach. I thought they would hold more of their original value though. So buying new you would certainly take a hit.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cockfosters & Cupertino
    Posts
    2,671
    I think the RRP back then was around 23k. But since I was the only person on the planet that actually liked the 11.59, I think Watchfinder were just happy it sold at any price!

    I think the new generation of 11.59 with gradient dials are a lot more popular and may have a better residual. Maybe, just maybe, now my first generation is discontinued, it might gain value because of rarity. But I am the worst person in the world to offer advice of not taking a hit when reselling watches.

    simon

    Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    Ok that makes it certainly more within reach. I thought they would hold more of their original value though. So buying new you would certainly take a hit.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gladders; 20th June 2021 at 12:49.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information