closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Diamond dial watches

Master

Diamond dial watches

Just wondering what the collective view is…quite fancy something different so am thinking of these. Too much glitz for a mans watch? In terms of availability I’d like to think I could get these at MRSP without too much wait, although yet to speak to my AD to check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    In my view Diamond batons are ok on the right watch. I’m not particularly in favour of a diamond bezel though.
    Overall, I’ve only bought without diamonds to date though but maybe I could be convinced with a DJ41....

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

They should change the name of that watch to, please mug me i beg you

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    They should change the name of that watch to, please mug me i beg you
    No need to beg, I thought the mugging (in select locations) was included as part of the deal?

I used to dislike diamond dial markers, thinking them a bit flashy & vulgar.

However, of late I’ve found myself quite liking them. Most appealingly on a two-tone vintage DateJust. Both the diamonds & bimetal are maybe symptomatic of a mid-life crisis on the horizon.

What it comes down to, I think, is that I like to look at the watch on my wrist and for it to feel ‘special’ in some aspect. Luxury, as a concept, lends itself to being a bit ridiculous and OTT, so diamonds on a dial are not incongruous in that context. Similar to the use of precious metals, a meteorite or guilloche dial, a hand-made leather strap or high-grade finishing - all things that elevate a watch beyond the pedestrian. May as well go the whole hog and use diamonds instead of steel, rhodium-plated or gold indices.

Not at all a fan of diamonds used anywhere else on a watch, however. Or any of the ‘blinged out’ monstrosities worn by rappers or Floyd Mayweather. Less is more. I wear my watches for me, not to catch the attention of others.

The exception being the Rolex Daytona with Rainbow diamond-set bezel, which is just so madly ridiculous that you kind of have to admire such a thing for even existing.

Baguette hour markers can be ok on the right watch but 99 times out of 100 diamonds on a man's watch looks sad IMO.

Grand Master
    Gold and bimetal are fine on the right watch, particularly vintage, but diamonds on a mans watch doesn’t work for me, it’s not a good look IMO.

Master
    I’ve had 4 diamond dial Datejust, one Omega Constellation and a Chanel J12. Can’t get enough of them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Baguette hour markers can be ok on the right watch but 99 times out of 100 diamonds on a man's watch looks sad IMO.
    I think I have to agree with you on this I think…the baguette day date models are quite nice but unfortunately out of my price range so DJ41 diamond dial a compromise.

Platinum Daytona with baguette dial is my dream watch…

I wouldn’t mind an old Serti submariner either but anything non Sports leaves me cold once diamonds are introduced.

Yes I know I’m odd.

The only men's diamond watch that I find desirable is the silver Serti Submariner.

I wouldn't wear it personally but it's very good looking watch.

Craftsman
    IMO they are acceptable on ladies DJs as an alternative to baton markers, but do nothing for me in any other scenario.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Ive had 2 diamond dot datejusts, the rhodium you pictured and a blue jubilee DD dial on a 36mm. I think they look great.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by michael.jaye View Post
    Just wondering what the collective view is…quite fancy something different so am thinking of these. Too much glitz for a mans watch? In terms of availability I’d like to think I could get these at MRSP without too much wait, although yet to speak to my AD to check.
    I’m not keen. And the diamonds look very small on the larger dial.

Each to their own, of course. Always better to have a look at one in the AD.

I have an 18k white gold Daytona with sodalite stone and factory diamond markers.
    It is quite mesmerising, like a lot of these stone dials, the camera cannot quite capture the essence of them.

The watch I regret not buying the most was a White gold diamond dial Daydate, stunning looking thing

Nothing wrong with diamond markers on the right watch.

Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Not a big hairy arsed bloke!

Works on the platinum Daytona and most women’s Datejust but not keen otherwise. Not sure if it’s the deciding factor between being mugged or not being mugged though.

I have a 14K White Gold Gruen Curvex with a diamond dial but have not worn it, or any of my other classic Americans for some years now!
    You would not be mugged wearing it unless your attacker had a magnifying glass.