closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Yacht Master 126622 - Bright Blue

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

Rolex Yacht Master 126622 - Bright Blue

Hello,

Sorry if this question has been asked before but looking for a bit of advice really.

I have been offered a yacht master bright blue platinum version for £9600 from my AD and not 100% sure it’s right for me. The pictures do indeed make it look gorgeous but I am not sure if this will be a little too bold for me.

Do these models hold their value as I am tempted to purchase and see if it works for me but couldn’t afford to lose money if I don’t agree with the watch.

I am so torn because I can’t decide if I love it or not!

Thanks
    Nick

Craftsman
    1) Don't buy anything in life that is an non essential item if you cannot afford it i.e don't buy items if you are worried about depreciation
    2) The repair costs on this model are higher due the Platinum bezel, you should factor this in
    3) Their 2nd hand prices have gone up in the last 18 months, you could have got this below retail
    4) I expect that long term if the market continues this way you'll get your money back selling to the trade, short term expect a slight loss

Have you tried it on? You'll get a clearer idea then if it's for you or not, personally I really like the YM and would buy one if I could afford it.

£9600 is a lot of money to not be sure.

But it is a nice watch if you are ok with it being quite bling.

Old Yorkshire saying: If in doubt, do nowt.

It's quite nice.

Here's a wrist shot from a friend.

Master
    I had the slightly older model which I think is the same dial. It’s a very nice watch, and I don’t think too bold but that is a matter of personal taste.

However, I think you will lose a fair chunk of money if you decide you don’t like it and want to sell it quickly

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Being blunt, if you can’t afford to lose any money you shouldn’t be spending £9600 on a wrist trinket.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Thanks all, I really appreciate the comments, although I’m still undecided..I guess for me the approach i was thinking was wear for a few weeks see what I think but it is an lot of money as you say.. I was looking at Watchfinder and a few other dealers and they appear to be selling quite a bit more but suppose they’ve got vat and dealer profit. I have no problem losing money if the watch is a keeper but buying and losing 2 weeks later leaves a bad taste or a stupid decision!
    Last edited by NickF; 27th June 2021 at 09:15.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NickF View Post
    Thanks all, I really appreciate the comments, although I’m still undecided..I guess for me the approach i was thinking was wear for a few weeks see what I think but it is an lot of money as you say.. I was looking at Watchfinder and a few other dealers and they appear to be selling quite a bit more but suppose they’ve got vat and dealer profit. I have no problem losing money if the watch is a keeper but buying and losing 2 weeks later leaves a bad taste or a stupid decision!
    There is a heck of a difference between what watchfinder etc sell a watch for and what they would buy for. That model is nice but you’d lose money buy and selling a couple weeks later. It’s your money.

Long term they seem to be holding their value.

I had this version for a while (sadly not my yacht - I was crew only):

Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 27th June 2021 at 19:54.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    I had the slightly older model which I think is the same dial. It’s a very nice watch, and I don’t think too bold but that is a matter of personal taste.

However, I think you will lose a fair chunk of money if you decide you don’t like it and want to sell it quickly
    Nick, have you tried the watch on? Photos are great however nothing like having it on your wrist. Generally all my keepers I have known straight away on my wrist; the ones I had doubts about have been traded or passed on daily quickly.

It’s a lovely watch bur for me there were a few others I wanted more.

Craftsman
    I have the slightly older 116622 in blue dial variant. Looks the same, just less power reserve. I love mine, it was instant the moment I tried it on. Wears so much nicer than my 116613LB as it hugs the wrists better, and I like the fact that it’s something different.

In terms of cash - bought mine new for 8900 and was offered the same from a dealer a couple of months back now (I didn’t sell it in the end, still have it). So I’ve not lost any money, but had I bought another sub I’d have made money.

All very subjective though so try it on and make sure you like it.

Lovely watch and not at all blingy on the wrist. I had one for a very short while as a consequence of a trade. The only reason I didn't keep it was that the bezel has always seemed vulnerable on these and they're not the same when they're scratched up. It doesn't suit them.