closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: The Euros 2020

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Some people don't get it. He's played up front virtually on his own, ran the channels stretching the back four, pulling them all over the pitch and creating space. He's shielded the ball brilliantly and won loads of free kicks. He's put in two fantastic balls for the goal and what should have been a goal. He's worked his socks off again for the team.

Oh, and scored the winner.
    Its just a real pity he can’t get on the end of the balls he supplies.

Craftsman
    Some people don't get it. He's played up front virtually on his own, ran the channels stretching the back four, pulling them all over the pitch and creating space. He's shielded the ball brilliantly and won loads of free kicks. He's put in two fantastic balls for the goal and what should have been a goal. He's worked his socks off again for the team.

Exactly!!!!

His improvement in the tournament has been pretty remarkable. In the first couple of games it looks like he was towing a trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    He fluffed the penalty and got lucky with the rebound!

Nonsense.

The keeper saved it and Harry did what any centre forward should do and stuck it away on the bounce. Result. Goal. Win.

Next.

But what about everything else I said?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    As an Italian my heart says England are the better side here.

Much of it will be down to if England have the courage and belief to do it. Tonight was a huge step. . For some of the game tonight they were excellent - Denmark are no poor team at all.

England have players to make chances; Italy are very very one paced and it has been a long tournament.

I think 3-0 or 3-1.
    You're having a nightmare. Italy will win.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I actually agree that Italy will get beaten. Not because England are better but because A Italy had a tough run and B they aren't actually that good - the best team were Belgium but they cocked it up. England 3-1 in the final as Italy will attack us meaning the counter is one
    Whilst I'd love England to win Ryan I'd take that bet all day long if you're up for it. £100 says England don't win 3-1. Straight into the FR either way?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    You're having a nightmare. Italy will win.
    That would be nice but I don't feel it. Times change.

But what about everything else I said?
    It’s all nonsense. Bring on Rashford!

eeyore eeyore ee always does that.

I'm so sick of the negativity around this England team. They're young, talented and hungry for success. Mr Southgate is doing a great job of proving us all wrong. He's not put a foot wrong in this tournament. He's been brave with decisions and formations and they've all paid off. Three semi finals and a final in his tenure means he's already surpassed what everyone thought he'd do, me included.

We've been starved of success for decades so FFS get behind the squad and the manager.

- - - Updated - - -

It’s all nonsense. Bring on Rashford!

I'm so sick of the negativity around this England team. They're young, talented and hungry for success. Mr Southgate is doing a great job of proving us all wrong. He's not put a foot wrong in this tournament. He's been brave with decisions and formations and they've all paid off. Three semi finals and a final in his tenure means he's already surpassed what everyone thought he'd do, me included.

We've been starved of success for decades so FFS get behind the squad and the manager.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed.

But Kane is still a Donkey!

Hopefully he’ll prove me wrong in the final.

On another note, when did it become acceptable to shower everyone around you with the contents of your pint when England score? That would result in an absolute kicking under normal circumstances

* He's fluffed the penalty.

Come on now, you're talking about football.

Master
    Well done England. I’m Welsh and in no way a football fan, but I’m also British and I’d like to see them go on for the win.

Exclamation

It was a shame to win it with a soft penalty but the right team won. About time England had some luck too.

Italy are slight favourites for me be it could go our way too. It's still sinking in that England made it to a final, who would've predicted that 5 years ago after our defeat to Iceland.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    It was a shame to win it with a soft penalty but the right team won. About time England had some luck too.

Italy are slight favourites for me be it could go our way too. It's still sinking in that England made it to a final, who would've predicted that 5 years ago after our defeat to Iceland.
    That's correct but how many of that squad are the squad today?

The game is to be played in the present not in the past.

An indifferent performance from England still proved to be too much for Denmark. I still don't understand Southgate's tactics but a win is a win.

Soft penalty but overall, the best team won on the night.

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    * He's fluffed the penalty.

Come on now, you're talking about football.
    He has?

Funny sexual joke aside, I’m a grammar pedant.

He has?

Funny sexual joke aside, I’m a grammar pedant.

Maybe put the spade down pal….?

Dear Brits - tonight you lost the privilege to mock the Italians/ Spaniards/ Argentines, etc who are taking a dive.

Others will remind you again and again of what it took for you to win this game.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
    Dear Brits - tonight you lost the privilege to mock the Italians/ Spaniards/ Argentines, etc who are taking a dive.

Others will remind you again and again of what it took for you to win this game.

Cheers.
    Love you mate! And no arguments here. Let’s catch up soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Maybe put the spade down pal….?
    U wot m8?

Master

- - - Updated - - -

I'm trying to work out the three semi-finals?

Craftsman
    Agreed.

But Kane is still a Donkey!

Hopefully he’ll prove me wrong in the final.
    He’s not having his best tournament for sure, seems a little ponderous for me and not much of a motivator either

Question

Cheers.
    Is this Romanian “humour” please?

Is this Romanian “humour” please?
    I'm afraid not.

Master

Cheers.
    Brits?

England that were playing Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Brits?

England that were playing Christian.
    Fair enough :) But what with the Union and all, things may get excessively simplified...

World Cup, Nations League and tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    I'm trying to work out the three semi-finals?

Master
    World Cup, Nations League and tonight.
    So we'll call it 2.

I'm afraid not.

Phew.

So, just the hogwash it looked like. Glad I checked all the same.

Phew.

So, just the hogwash it looked like. Glad I checked all the same.
    An exaggeration rather. But maybe this was your Maradona's hand moment and will be remembered as such.

An exaggeration rather. But maybe this was your Maradona's hand moment and will be remembered as such.

Thank you for the admission of exaggeration.

To compare to Maradonna in 1986 to the penalty tonight is the gift that keeps giving.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    That's correct but how many of that squad are the squad today?

The game is to be played in the present not in the past.
    That's what I mean, which England fan would've predicted such a turn around in the quality and performance of the team / squad in that 5 year period? I'd pretty much given up on England at that point.

Re the England Penalty - we all agree it was extremely soft however probably not any more soft than the free kick that was awarded to Denmark from which they scored. The laser pointer in Schmeichel's face was dreadful though - hope they catch the perpetrator and ban them for life.

Was embarrassed to see Saka's 'Immobile-style' resurrection from the dead in the 2nd half. That was blatant simulation, I know Kane gets a lot of criticism too for diving but I think he goes down when there is a genuine foul on him rather than play acting
    Last edited by ryanb741; 8th July 2021 at 05:47.

Thank you for the admission of exaggeration.

To compare to Maradonna in 1986 to the penalty tonight is the gift that keeps giving.
    Heh, the gift that keeps on giving. There's been traditionally so much complaining on your side about other players faking injury, taking dives, generally unfair play. Well guess what... Your boys are not that different. When given the opportunity, they'll take the shortcut as well, and drop the fair play for the chance of a penalty. This is what's bothering me after all. The holier than thou pretence, which is just that. Of course Maradona's hand was a much more blatant manifestation of the 'whatever it takes' attitude. But don't tell me it's fundamentally different from pretending to be fouled in order to get a penalty, when you just can't score any other way.

This is not even about the game or the result, it's about faking moral superiority.

Cheers.

Whilst most in England celebrate a victory, I'm embarrassed that they had to cheat to win. That, and the disgraceful fans booing national anthems etc. I'm an "England" fan, but I reckon it's a hollow victory. Shame on football.

Sent from my XQ-AU51 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Kent View Post
    Whilst most in England celebrate a victory, I'm embarrassed that they had to cheat to win. That, and the disgraceful fans booing national anthems etc. I'm an "England" fan, but I reckon it's a hollow victory. Shame on football.

Sent from my XQ-AU51 using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately England fans have really shown their true colours. No respect at all.

This has turned into a nice England bashing thread!

The penalty was given by the Ref and VAR, but the armchair critics know best.

No complaints about the soft free kick that allowed Denmark to score.

England were the better team overall and deserved the win.

Roll on Italy!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by EJL25 View Post
    Unfortunately England fans have really shown their true colours. No respect at all.
    These same 'fans' who boo the opposition national anthem also boo the Black Lives Matter knee-taking. They can currently be easily identified in public by the fact they have England Flags hanging out of their car (either an estate car or white van) windows. Thankfully they are a minority and should not be looked upon as reflective of England as a whole. They should also realise that their actions only inspire the opponents further, as do the words of idiotic 'won-bugger-all-with-England' overrated ex-players like Rio Ferdinand who stated 'Italy or Spain, doesn't matter we'd beat either'. Guess what is all over the front pages of Corriere della Sera and Gazzetta dello Sport? Great idea to work up Italy even more.....

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post

Roll on Italy!
    Agreed. Denmark scored from a free kick that wasn't; we were denied a far clearer-cut penalty; and we were BY FAR the better team.

Roll on Sunday!!!

We won, we’re in the final who really gives a rats arse how we got there? Other teams in the past have done whatever’s necessary to win whereas the England squad have historical been very poor at that. We didn’t throw it away, we came back from 1 down and got the job done. It would have been great to have given them a proper 5 nil thumping but last nights performance proved that they can battle. We had the majority of the possession and overall we were the better team and deserved the victory. If we’d have gone out last night due to the soft free kick decision that would have also been unfair....I guess it swings both ways.
    What does make my toes curl is the booing which needs to be stamped out by the FA.....these twats aren’t football fans.
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 8th July 2021 at 07:26.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    These same 'fans' who boo the opposition national anthem also boo the Black Lives Matter knee-taking. They can currently be easily identified in public by the fact they have England Flags hanging out of their car (either an estate car or white van) windows. Thankfully they are a minority and should not be looked upon as reflective of England as a whole. They should also realise that their actions only inspire the opponents further, as do the words of idiotic 'won-bugger-all-with-England' overrated ex-players like Rio Ferdinand who stated 'Italy or Spain, doesn't matter we'd beat either'. Guess what is all over the front pages of Corriere della Sera and Gazzetta dello Sport? Great idea to work up Italy even more.....
    Agree 100%.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I'm surprised at the negative England comments here this morning. Thought I would be reading how England completely dictated the pace of the game and beat a great Denmark side.

The pen? Whatever. This is football these days I'm afraid to say. Slightest touch and their down no matter what nationality. I thought Kane's was more of a pen.

Stones, Maguire (and Mings) are the fundaments. Amazing defence. Strong, reliable, smart, they carry the ball easy over the center, great passing. Then Sterling who is constantly offensive&dangerous and Kane; not just a goalscorer but the man with the touch; brilliant assist; a class player

Journeyman
    Kane's was a penalty, but the referee rightly gave the foul for his challenge just before. Did not appear intentional but he stood/catches the Danish players foot prior to the next challenge. Re penalty, Slightest touch...soft....sorry there was no contact and it was a blatant dive. Had this been a Danish player and they had won we would never have heard the end of it !

Master
    Im not English nor a football fan but I watched the game last night and enjoyed it. Well done England. I though the right team won.

- - - Updated - - -

Im not English nor a football fan but I watched the game last night and enjoyed it. Well done England. I though the right team won.

Great result from England last night. Dominating performance and easy Triple Crown winners. Their last match against Italy (for the Grand Slam), should be a thriller. (U20 Six Nations).

In other news, I understand England did quite well in round ball Football. So well done them.

Ironic that both teams will face Italy in the decider.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Denmark scored from a free kick that wasn't; we were denied a far clearer-cut penalty; and we were BY FAR the better team.
    This (and I'm neutral)

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post

Roll on Italy!
    Agreed.
    The penalty decision was no worse than the free kick decision.
    The yellow card for Maguire was harsh.
    There were a number of cynical "professional" fouls from Denmark that should have received a yellow card but didn't.
    The ref I thought had a very poor game, he wasn't biased he was just poor, especially when comparing his performance against what I have viewed as a championship of extremely high quality refereeing throughout.
    Kane had a good game with lots of strong aspects to his game coming good last night; his passing, holding the ball up, drawing fouls in critical locations , dictating pace were all good I felt.
    Southgate was immense in his tactics and timing of his changes.

England were far the better team and dictated that match. Denmark were hanging on for dear life for much of that game. Kasper was their best performer and arguably man of the match.
    Sterling was amazing, again.

People need to give up on the England Bashing, this is an excellent squad with significant depths of talent, the quality of the England substitutes is incredible.

This team displays control, patience, intelligence, discipline and imagination to a level I have never seen in any England team in my lifetime. Any team would fear facing this England squad, no doubt about that.

Having said all that we may still not be good enough or mature enough yet to beat Italy in a final, we will have to see but that does not detract from the fact that this team is a genuinely good team with huge potential for the future.
    Last edited by dustybottoms; 8th July 2021 at 08:15.

I was so angry with the penalty that I put my foot through the TV and sent Raheem Sterling the bill.

Football's coming home!