closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Chromebook Login Issues After Update

Chromebook Login Issues After Update

Is anyone else having issues logging back in after the update this afternoon? I couldn't use my existing password so did a Google account recovery and reset it. Now instead of just putting my password in, I'm being asked to confirm my Gmail address on a white pop-up and then enter my password. I then get the following message: Sorry, your password could not be verified. Please try again later. Check your keyboard layout and try again. It appears that it is trying to login but has been buffering for around 40 minutes now.
    The model is an Acer 714 and finger print reader is my usual sign in method.

Craftsman
    Just rebooted my Chromebook, no issues with logging back in or password. It did not show bookmarks on first opened tab but now back as before.

I've had to do a Powerwash, as I couldn't find any alternative. The update was for .165 in case anyone else is having the same issue.

Master
    My Chromebook stopped updating at least a year ago. I got a bit of a shock when I first started getting the messages "this device will no longer get updates". Whilst I am using a cheap Acer, I think I would be a bit annoyed if I had bought a top of the range Chromebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrzej View Post
    My Chromebook stopped updating at least a year ago. I got a bit of a shock when I first started getting the messages "this device will no longer get updates". Whilst I am using a cheap Acer, I think I would be a bit annoyed if I had bought a top of the range Chromebook.
    Bought my pixelbook go in June 2020 and it's going to get updates until June 2026. I think that's pretty competitive and i know the machine will still be flying by then, especially compared to the equivalent £600 windows machine.

Google are quite open when support ends on machines, you just need to bear it in mind when purchasing
    https://support.google.com/chrome/a/...ippy=%2Cgoogle