closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Virgin media, a word of warning

Virgin media, a word of warning

I’ve been with Virgin mobile for years for the simple reason that their network which was shared with EE works great at home and work. All other networks have a terrible signal at work as many of my customers try to use their phones without success, Vodafone being the worst.
    I’ve recently upgraded to an iPhone 12 with virgin and as soon as my new sim updated approx 2 weeks later my signal at work disappeared, after many calls and research I’ve found out why.
    The new 5G sims are using Vodafone’s network and if you’re in a poor area for Vodafone you’re shafted.
    Apparently all new customers don’t the option to have an old 4g SIM card whilst existing do. I’m currently trying to revert back at the moment without success
    I was never told about this which pi**es me off even more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    I’ve been with Virgin mobile for years for the simple reason that their network which was shared with EE works great at home and work. All other networks have a terrible signal at work as many of my customers try to use their phones without success, Vodafone being the worst.
    I’ve recently upgraded to an iPhone 12 with virgin and as soon as my new sim updated approx 2 weeks later my signal at work disappeared, after many calls and research I’ve found out why.
    The new 5G sims are using Vodafone’s network and if you’re in a poor area for Vodafone you’re shafted.
    Apparently all new customers don’t the option to have an old 4g SIM card whilst existing do. I’m currently trying to revert back at the moment without success

Send the phone back under distance selling rules

Wonder what will happen when Virgin and O2 complete their merger. Can’t see they’ll be using a competitor network in future.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post

Virgin are an MVNO as you stated.
    The move to Vodafone is however not something new, it was talked about in 2018 with agreements signed in 2019 (from memory).

Virgin’s website updated at the start of the year to show Vodafone’s 5G locations. They also can’t legally offer new long term contracts on the EE MVNO, current customers will be migrated or be given the option to leave.

With their recent merger this will become in-house under “Virgin Media o2” once the Vodafone agreement expires.