closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: MP4 question

MP4 question

Afternoon all. I downloaded a film, The Abyss, from archive.org, an mp4. It plays fine from hard drive but when I tried to copy to DVD+R it failed. Are their free films copy protected ? I don't use VLC only the media players that come with windows 7.

I'm not looking to burn multiple copies but to have the film on a DVD disk instead of HD is preferred.

Journeyman
    Hi, What was the error? What burning program you use? I recommend cdburnerxp, it's free and fairly capable.

could be multiple things gone wrong

are you trying to convert to another fomat? (or is the program you use to burn auto trying to convert to another format)
    what formats does your DVD player support?
    when you say 'failed' do you mean its failed on the burn or its burnt and failed to play in your DVD player ? if its failed on the burn what was the error message? , if its burnt than failed to play in your DVD then its an unsuppported format for your DVD player.
    will you be playing the DVD disc in your computer or on a DVD player ?

if you are just going to be keeping a copy that will play on a computer then burn it as a file rather than a video
    Last edited by pugster; 19th June 2021 at 16:20.

The option I chose after inserting the blank DVD is - burn a DVD video disk using windows DVD maker. It then gave the option of burn speeds. I chose 4x

I don't actually remember the error message, only that it said it hadn't copied properly after finalising the disk. When the disk is re inserted it shows as blank.

Not trying to convert to another format as far is I know. For now it has been moved to my offboard HD and plays ok from there.