closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What are the best watch websites to read?

What are the best watch websites to read?

Fratello, Hodinkee and Bobs Watches are what I am using mostly at the moment as a relevant newbie to having this as a serious interest.

Can you recommend others?

Craftsman
    Try Watchville app....

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Depends on your views, budget and tastes. A bit like asking what’s the best newspaper.

I used to really enjoy worn and wound for their focus on German and Japanese brands and the more affordable end of Swiss, combined with a younger design-focused skew. Though increasingly they seem to have gone towards more upmarket stuff.

Then there’s sites like Quill and Pad, which from memory have a broad luxury / wealth coverage, including yachts, rare spirits and cigars.

I like Fratello and Monochrome now, though still keep an eye on W&W.

As above, Watchville is a good place to start!

I'd agree with Monochrome and Quill & Pad. Sign up for the newsletters.

I’m on Watchville and it gives you access to multiple watch sites so you can begin to get a feel for what you like.

As a useful bonus the app also gives you a great Time tool for setting your watches!

Simon

The journal tab on the Collected man website as some really good articles

watchesbysjx has to be one of my favourites - great photography and some excellent in depth articles. I'd also echo acollectedman do some great stuff, though their articles are not frequent.

I feel most of the more mainstream have gone done in quality - hodinkee, monochrome and fratello. Even the slightly niche like quillandpad I've noticed quite a mark down which is disappointing - feels shilly at times.

Ablogtowatch is still ok in parts - Ariel Adams still doesn't seem to give a damn about pleasing people, which has ensured he's garnered some respect from folk.
    Last edited by crazyp; 19th June 2021 at 09:26.

Craftsman
    W&W, and hodinkee.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

As already noted - Watchville mainly for me - it pulls together pretty much all of the others mentioned...

The downside to that is most of the time they're just regurgitating the press packs they get sent...

Watchtime.net is good for German stuff that rarely gets a look-in anywhere else.

thetruthaboutwatches.com is OK as an independent that doesn't seem constantly desperate to 'give oral service' to the Big Names.

Craftsman
    hodinkee and fratello also revolution

if you like to also watch a bit of youtube
    i like bark and jack