closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Jacques Bianchi JB200 diver...new?

Master

Jacques Bianchi JB200 diver...new?

Just came across this on Fratello.
    Throwback to the original according to the article diver logo on dial and all.
    For 600 EUR it's not the worst choice for a unique looking diver with history behind the brand.
    CWC offered or offers a destro diver I think but costs more iirc but with solid bars so not strap changing unlike the JB200.

https://www.fratellowatches.com/the-...or-under-e600/

This is amazing and what a great story. I have preordered.

It’s nice to see these being re released, looks to be the same case as the CWC reissue, which is not a bad thing as it’s a well made case and bezel.
    For the kick starter price I think it would be worth having.

Looks like a collaboration between CWC and Vostok
    Which is actually quite cool, if it were true.

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    Looks like a collaboration between CWC and Vostok
    Which is actually quite cool, if it were true.
    I had similar thoughts wondering if that's where Vostok got the idea?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

______

​Jim.

Nice watch, but the image of the diver on the dial is too distracting and would stop me buying one.

Master
    Why make it an Auto? The original was quartz

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    This ^^^ especially when the movement being used is the Seiko workhorse, which is hardly expensive in a watch that could well have been ''knocked up'' in China.

Jacques Bianchi is a proper watchmaker. His training and day job meant he dealt with mechanical watches all day long. The original was quartz because at the time it was the modern thing to do and what people wanted.
    40 years later and those that are into watches prefer mechanical watches so again, that is what the team decided to offer. I think they thought (quite rightly judging by the figures in KS) that a mechanical watch would be more in tune with the market, especially as a proportion of those who would have wanted the quartz would probably also prefer an original, possibly issued.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

By and large I agree SJ, but for the price I think it deserves a Swiss movement, my £110.00 Steeldive has the same movement and yes it's a good workhorse, but would I pay £600. for it?

I agree, and I personally will not get one, despite knowing a few people involved, closely or more loosely, with the project. But my decision is more about the aesthetics than the origin of the calibre.

I think I would have preferred a decent quartz movement to a standard Seiko workhorse.
    I really like aesthetic (no surprise there) but it’s just too close to a number of other watches I own.
    If one were to pop up 2nd hand I would be very tempted.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I agree, and I personally will not get one, despite knowing a few people involved, closely or more loosely, with the project. But my decision is more about the aesthetics than the origin of the calibre.
    I really appreciate the "back story" and have recently developed a leaning towards vintage style divers watches with a genuine connection with diving equipment manufacturers, but like you this just isn't doing it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Agreed. Same issue with the LIP nautic-ski reissues (though these are miyota rather than seiko).

Is it that you would rather it be cheaper to be quartz, or is it more like a heritage thing?

Had the chance of a ltd edition with the diver in red.
    Tbh I didn’t really like the look but it’s actually growing on me now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I think I would have preferred a decent quartz movement to a standard Seiko workhorse.
    I really like aesthetic (no surprise there) but it’s just too close to a number of other watches I own.
    If one were to pop up 2nd hand I would be very tempted.
    This is my thoughts too, love it but would have far preferred a decent quartz as the original. Would still be tempted but tbh I shouldn't be buying more watches anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by omegamotorcyclist View Post
    Is it that you would rather it be cheaper to be quartz, or is it more like a heritage thing?
    More the latter. Bugs me more on the LIP where being quartz was a big part of the original.

Quote Originally Posted by ej86 View Post
    More the latter. Bugs me more on the LIP where being quartz was a big part of the original.
    I am really sorry but this is wrong: The Nautic -ski did not use a Quartz movement at all, it used the electro-mechanical calibre R184, that combined an electronic energy pendulum and a traditional mechanical calibre.

Other than that, I agree with the sentiment that it is more important on the Nautic-ski because it is what made it iconic.

If you want a quartz movement on the JB you are probably more after the original than a recreation, that will never hit the sweet spot.

Quote Originally Posted by ej86 View Post
    I know what you mean, but it just seems unusual to buy such a small watch maker piece it seems too good an opportunity to miss!

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I am really sorry but this is wrong: The Nautic -ski did not use a Quartz movement at all, it used the electro-mechanical calibre R184, that combined an electronic energy pendulum and a traditional mechanical calibre.

Other than that, I agree with the sentiment that it is more important on the Nautic-ski because it is what made it iconic.

If you want a quartz movement on the JB you are probably more after the original than a recreation, that will never hit the sweet spot.
    Fair point - I revise to “an electro-mechanical movement” and stand correctly corrected