closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any Pogue experts out there?

Craftsman

Any Pogue experts out there?

I finally bought a Pogue off eBay after looking at them on and off over the past few years, since hearing about them on one of time4apint’s early podcasts.

However, all does not seem right with this one.

Firstly, the bezel markings do not line up to 12 o’clock, and secondly, the chrono pushers are loose and wobbly, and the chrono hand isn’t resetting properly.

I don’t think this is right, and I’m debating sending it straight back, but I’m no expert. What do you think?

https://youtube.com/shorts/P7yQQ-4uOZk?feature=share

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The insert is likely to be a replacement in that condition, and Im sure the crown should be flush to the case ( and should have a dimple in it ) at least thats my experience of the yellow 6139s ( which are more accurately called 'The Pogue" than the other dial variants ) . Depends what you paid I guess, if it wasn't a bargain and needs more work then I would send it back.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Any Pogue experts out there?

I'm pretty convinced the dial is a poor aftermarket one. The hash marks on the sub seconds are a giveaway as they should reach right to the end of the sub dial and the 12 o'clock lume appears to be wrong also, although I'm squinting at your photo on my phone.

Also, the 6139 crown is very flush to the case normally, so- unless it's just the angle of the picture- this could suggest yours has a replacement (incorrect) crown/ stem which could damage the movement or there could conceivably be a non Seiko movement in there

Have a look online at the crowns on genuine watches- you can barely see them as they are recessed into the case

Craftsman
    Thanks all.

I’m not taking the risk with it. It’s getting returned in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    The disappointment of not being about Shane MacGowan is overwhelming
    RIAC

I’ve dabbled in vintage, but those pogues scare the c*** out of me. I think nearly every one posted on here over the last few years has had something wrong with it, dial, insert, hands etc etc. I liked the yellow (or is it gold?) but just too scared to dip my toe in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    The disappointment of not being about Shane MacGowan is overwhelming
    This has better teeth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a few of these at one point and collected quite a few spare parts. The trouble with the version 6139A movement (which seems to be the most used in these watches) is that the clutch on the chronograph hand fails, which means the sub-dial at 6 is active all the time and or the Chronograph seconds hand wont reset to the 12 o'clock position.

Getting a spare is next to impossible !!

I had spare movement that I just couldn't get working, the gear train looked fine to me and I think the main spring was slipping in the main spring housing.
    But I just couldn't find a new main spring or main spring assembly and put everything away.

These watches have fragile movements and with few spares around are probably not worth the risk, plus they will all most probably have after market parts fitted.

It's a shame because I had a really nice "Pogue" but sold it on - you have to pay the big money for a decent version!!