closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PRS-68 Nato choice

PRS-68 Nato choice

First, I'm very pleased/impressed with this watch. Quality and spec for the price are tremendous, the time keeping when left dial up overnight is inside 1 sec per 24hrs. With the bracelet immediately removed and a heli tape caseback protector duly fitted I only had an old sand Nato to put it on, which looks ok IMHO. I would have really liked one each of Eddie's Coyote Brown and YAB (Yet Another Bond) Natos, but they are both 20mm only :-( . Fast forward a few days and I've now got a grey from Eddie and a Bondesque red/grey/black from Ukwatchstraps. I'm still pondering over Haveston canvas, 1.2mm nylon seems to suit this case very well.

F.T.F.A.

Master
    I'm always a fan of Admiralty Grey Phoenix straps on these watches

Me too, on most watches. What about one of Karl's (senraw) custom blue ones? I've got them in a couple of sizes and they're excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    I'm always a fan of Admiralty Grey Phoenix straps on these watches

Journeyman
    Grey skies, a salty cool breeze, endless green fields, the sound of seagulls.
    It looks fantastic on the sand colored NATO. I would keep it like that 👍

If something like this was available, it would rarely be off my wrist.

Why oh why did I have to be born with a pathological hatred of date windows?

Oh yes, sand NATO for me!

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Watch Obsession premium NATO, not the seatbelt one, but this one:

https://www.watchobsession.co.uk/pro...ushed-hardware

I have a couple on my CWC Divers and I love the comfort and the buckle is a step up over a standard NATO. Loads of diffrent colours as well.

But on the PRS-68 I'd prefer a rubber strap of the Uncle Seiko waffle variety

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Watch Obsession premium NATO, not the seatbelt one, but this one:

https://www.watchobsession.co.uk/pro...ushed-hardware

I have a couple on my CWC Divers and I love the comfort and the buckle is a step up over a standard NATO. Loads of diffrent colours as well.

But on the PRS-68 I'd prefer a rubber strap of the Uncle Seiko waffle variety
    The major issue I have with these is the length. I have 8 3/4 inch wrists and the strap gets nowhere near the second keeper whereas there’s still just enough on a CWC - and most other NATO’s - to tuck under.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I'd love to put mine on a waffle silicone/rubber strap but I've not been able to find one at 18mm. Hence I've not taken it off the bracelet.

A pair of Haveston canvas straps arrived this morning, along with a very nice canvas 4 watch storage roll.

F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    The major issue I have with these is the length. I have 8 3/4 inch wrists and the strap gets nowhere near the second keeper whereas there’s still just enough on a CWC - and most other NATO’s - to tuck under.

It has to be said that 8 3/4 is not an average size wrist. You must struggle with leather straps as well?

I know what you mean about the CWC/Phoenix NATOs. They're the longest straps I own.

PRS-68 Nato choice

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    It has to be said that 8 3/4 is not an average size wrist. You must struggle with leather straps as well?

I know what you mean about the CWC/Phoenix NATOs. They're the longest straps I own.
    That is true, however the watch obsession are the shortest NATO’s I own, and I own a few!
    I do struggle with leather - the best option for me seems to be ‘too long rubber straps made for divers’ - they fit me perfectly!

A Forecastle was my first choice for this watch, but they were on backorder until about now which is why I bought the pair above, and the Forecastle's been put back another month. As I wanted to order a strap roll and a spare 20mm M-1918C I popped an 18mm on the order too to get the 10% discount.

F.T.F.A.

Apprentice