closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clarksons Farm

Clarksons Farm

Is anyone watching Jeremy Clarkson Farm program on Amazon Prime.
    Its a 8 part series I've now watched 6 and its hilarious he has a few mad characters his hooked up with and his farming inexperience shines through.He spends money on equipment like its going out of fashion well worth a look.
    Squashy1

Pretty funny and sure beats James May’s cooking show on Amazon - although that wouldn’t be difficult.

Just finished the first series at the weekend. Genuinely made me laugh at times!.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Craftsman
    Finished it at the weekend.

I loved it. What a refreshing change, with an honest and interesting insight into Farming. Kayleb is brilliant!

Craftsman
    Thanks for the recommendation, I had heard about it before but not bothered to watch it. I accidentally signed up to Prime a weeks ago (hit the wrong button - they make it too easy!), and so have watched The Grand Tour, and most of May's cook show. Clarkson's Farm is now on the list to watch before I cancel Prime. At this rate I will never cancel the darn thing.

The shop car park made me laugh

Clarkson at his best. Loving it!

Excellent series - me and the missus are taking a visit to diddly squat this weekend

is the farm based in the UK or USA.

if its the USA i simply wont be able to stand to watch it

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post

Cotswolds from memory.

Craftsman
    I watched it all and loved it. I never understood a single word Gerald said, mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    I watched it all and loved it. I never understood a single word Gerald said, mind.
    I found the subtitles helped

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post

‘Chipping Norton

Only watched the first two episodes. Excellent so far. Wife finds it hysterical at points too.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Loved James May in Japan as well…

I watched it and enjoyed it with the kids. Gerald was great. Loved his clear and sharp instructions to Jeremy from the harvester!

Master
    Just watched the sheep episode, so funny.

Journeyman
    Would be good to hear your visit feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman

Clarkson Farm

Very funny. What with Kaleb's hair and Gerald's instructions. I think Certainly watchable and very entertaining.
    I Would have that Massey Ferguson 65 off Lisa in a heartbeat.
    I've spent many long days (and some nights) ploughing, diskng and augering under the combine at harvest with one
    No cab on it, freezing cold. One bitter cold day the farmer wandered across the field I was ploughing and threw an old army greatcoat over my legs to try to keep me a little warmer. Old softy he was.
    Strange, I didn't realise until very much later in life , how happy I was then.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    Very funny. What with Kaleb's hair and Gerald's instructions. I think Certainly watchable and very entertaining.
    I Would have that Massey Ferguson 65 off Lisa in a heartbeat.
    I've spent many long days (and some nights) ploughing, diskng and augering under the combine at harvest with one
    No cab on it, freezing cold. One bitter cold day the farmer wandered across the field I was ploughing and threw an old army greatcoat over my legs to try to keep me a little warmer. Old softy he was.
    Strange, I didn't realise until very much later in life , how happy I was then.
    Only watched first episode last night but great and fond memories flooded back from younger days driving the old grey fergies, fordson majors and of course the legendary massey 135 - can’t wait for tonight :)

I'm really getting into it too. I watched the first 3 episodes, I have to say it's a great watch to unwind at the end if the day!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Master
    I'll have to watch this. I had a chance to drive an old Massey Ferguson last weekend, which brought back fond (and not so fond) memories of growing up on a small farm.

Craftsman
    Good recommendation, I’m up to ep 4 and really enjoying it. There’s some very funny bits and it also shows how much hard work goes into a farm.

Craftsman
    Very much looking forward to watching it.

Found it hilarious that The Guardian initially gave it a positive review, but then caught sight of itself and trashed it in a later review

I'm really enjoying it and love the dynamic between Jeremy and Kaleb.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidsteruk View Post
    Very much looking forward to watching it.

Found it hilarious that The Guardian initially gave it a positive review, but then caught sight of itself and trashed it in a later review
    I find it hilarious that people aren't supposed to change their minds on anything?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the recommendation.

It is a nice easy watch, with some good characters along the way.

Only watched 2 episodes so far, but thoroughly entertaining.

Master
    We did 3 back to back last night. Just what I needed after a rough day. Shame the series is so short though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only town in Britain with Caesar's name
    As some have said, I also thoroughly enjoyed watching this. Paints him in a slightly different light as well providing some insight into UK farming. It had some really funny moments.

Well worth a watch.

B

Blog Entries
    Clarkson's series does a lot of good for UK farming. There's a message behind the fun and JC's personality as a farmer. (Remember his program on Isambard Kingdom Brunel? Forgotten by many, Clarkson hoisted Brunel on the shield and made him interesting again for a larger audience).

Menno

Craftsman
    Just finished watching the series after having it pointed out to me by a mate . Gerald is a bit like Norman Collier for those of a certain age and hilarious
    Sheep , his view on sheep changed and old Wayne Rooney lol
    Very sobering in the last episode and a great series by Jezza and the rest of them

I am up to episode 6 so far and have to say that I am enjoying this a lot.

Its a bit of a shame that he still has to play the fool quite so much, as he genuinely cares and seems to swing between showing that side of himself and the TG/GT 'buffoon' role. I guess he needs to give his faithful audience what they have come to expect.

As someone who is also trying to restore and improve a small farm after 30 years of neglect, (but without Clarkson's budget), I can sympathise with a LOT of what he is going through. Despite the humour, the programme still manages to show the sobering reality of todays economics of farming in the UK.

We finished it last night. Really enjoyed it and found it quite endearing at times. Although I already know it does also show us how hard farming and be for little return.

Use to live on farm before we moved three years ago. Only agriculture but he was obsessed with the weather. Especially at this time of year when silaging.

Master
    I’m on episode two at the moment and Gerald reminds me of Rowley Birkin off the fast show. I can’t understand a word of what he is saying.

Just finished it. Excellent. Poignant. Worth the time.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Two episodes in, and it's very enjoyable. In some ways, it's like a really good TG / GT challenge episode, but without the stupid bits. If a man in a lab coat had given Clarkson an envelope, and he read the message "The producers want to to open a farm shop", I wouldn't have been that surprised.

My addition to the fast developing "Gerald reminds me of" sub-plot: Gerald reminds me of the 'Spanish Laughing Guy' meme.

We started it last night too and we are loving it.
    As with all these things, you don't know how much of it is contrived, but you get the impression that he is actually getting stuck in to the work.
    He must be sinking in a huge amount of his own money into it or spending a lot of Amazons money.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Craftsman
    Finished it last night, really entertaining but also thought provoking. Excellent.

Just started - like it.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by Kidsteruk View Post
    Hilarious and entiry predictable, I expect the first reviewer was threatened with being 'cancelled'.

The whole family, 2 x 58 year olds a 25 year old daughter and 30 year old son with no connection to farming have been enjoying watching this which is unusual in our household.

Me and the wife started this yesterday. Two episodes in and I found it brilliant . I couldn’t stand JC with the other two idiots In top gear . It was very scripted , if this is - it doesn’t feel it. The humour between kalen and JC seems genuine.

I've watched it now, and absolutely loved it.

What a refreshing series, and Clarkson was a lot more human than he has been for years, I found myself starting to like him again.

I really hope they do another series of this.
    So clever my foot fell off.

I hope he stays and does it again too, he obviously had the money to throw at it this past year, and can for now stand the financial outcome but for how long.
    I don't know how I feel about the local council and their 'protectionism' about the farm shop food origins, i can understand it to some extent, but it also seemed a very narrow viewpoint.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Can't stand Clarkson but really do enjoy this show. Watched two episodes last week and will plough through more this week.

Master
    Jeremy “there’s a machine for that” Clarkson!

His face when he tried the wasabi was priceless.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Watched the last episode this morning really enjoyed it Clarkson love him or loath him you cannot deny it’s great TV. For me Kaleb and Gerald are superb characters and I really warmed to them, all in all great lighthearted TV. More please

I bet Kaleb has a media future ahead of him.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    I bet Kaleb has a media future ahead of him.
    As a sort of Guy Martin

Master
    To our surprise we found it watchable to the point of being addictive. There’s something very comforting about it, like a day out on the countryside. Well done Clarkson, 8 hours of farming could have been painfully dull or earnest in other hands.