closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Thunderbirds watch.

Thunderbirds watch.

Continuing my usual posts about watches not seen often on here, here is a watch I picked up recently.

It is the Citizen C300 Navihawk ‘Thunderbirds’ edition. The Thunderbirds are the USAF display team. Citizen also do models of the US Navy display team, the Blue Angels. However, this is the only Thunderbirds model and Citizen have done many iterations of the Blue Angels. Citizen also have done a number of the UK Red Arrows display team models.
    Don’t know why the USAF only allowed this one model of its Thunderbirds squadron, seeing as the US Navy have allowed many models of its Blue Angels team to be produced.

So this is a pretty rare model, they did one in red and one in blue. I think the red one is far more striking and indeed they fetch more than the blue ones.

The seller had put the watch on a different bracelet but it was supplied with its original Citizen bracelet, which consequently is in very good condition. It is in very good condition, with few marks on its case and blue slide rule bezel.

The watch has a 24 hour dial, a UTC dial and shows world time on the main LCD display. it is easy to switch main time and world time with a push of a button. It has a 24 hour chronograph and 60 minute timer. It comes with three alarms as well. The smaller LCD displays tells you the functions of the buttons in the various modes.

If the hands are covering the LCD’s, you can temporarily move them out of the way by a long press of a button.

Citizen refined and improved the usability of the watches in later modules of the iconic Navihawk and Skyhawk series but they lost the ability to move the hands out of the way of the LCD’s.

It doesn’t have a light, like the later models, so you have to rely on the usual blue Citizen lume.

A few wrist shots.

Mitch
    Last edited by Mitch; 18th June 2021 at 14:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Continuing my usual posts about watches not seen often on here...

Mitch
    I, for one, really appreciate the watches you show us, thank you taking the time and trouble to post these.

I have never seen the Thunderbirds model before, I have seen the Blue Angels and Red Arrows version
    I like it. It would be cool to collect all three.
    These Citizens offer real world usable functionality in a very competitive package.
    The red dial is different in a good way.
    They are also very robust, I wore an early one all through school and it’s still going, I then wore another through uni (that I lost but I tracked down a replacement) If I were a one watch man, a Navihawk would be high on the list of watches I would buy.
    Enjoy.