closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sourcing vintage watches

Craftsman

Sourcing vintage watches

Hi all,

I'm looking for a great example of an Omega 145.014 (Speedmaster Mark II) with a racing dial. Really interested to hear where people have success in locating vintage watches. There's a lot of sites out there and it's somewhat overwhelming. I've primarily been looking at Chrono24 where there's a lot of inventory, but the photos are often poor and it's hard to judge real condition.

Where have you had success? Any recommendations? Perhaps I should just be trying the WTB here :)

Master
    Have you tried Darren at

https://www.vintagespeedmaster.com/for-sale

Steve.

I'd recommend putting a WTB here... there are (in fact) many serious vintage collectors here

Craftsman
    I saw a mark II with racing dial in a local antiques shop just before lockdown.
    It wasn't the best example and needed a service but the price was more than fair to turn it around.

If you're interested I'm passing by at the weekend, I can nip in and get pics and price for you - provided it's not sold yet...

On here and the Vintage Omega Forum

Craftsman
    Thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by vortex89 View Post
    I saw a mark II with racing dial in a local antiques shop just before lockdown.
    It wasn't the best example and needed a service but the price was more than fair to turn it around.

If you're interested I'm passing by at the weekend, I can nip in and get pics and price for you - provided it's not sold yet...
    Definitely interested! Full disclosure, I'm based in the US so would be some extra hassle - but I'd be happy to pay for shipping.