closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Wilder - Fury III...here we go again!

Wilder - Fury III...here we go again!

In less than six weeks (July 24) the big boys will throw down again! Fury's got my money this go-round.

Where’s it being held ?

As much as Fury is by a long way the superior boxer, he tends to f**k around too much for my liking. Stupid stuff like putting his hands behind his back will bite him in the backside sooner or later and when someone can hit as hard as Wilder it just takes the blink of an eye to end things.

I'm still going for Fury, but honestly, none of the possible outcomes would be surprising.

Master
    I'm trying to feign interest but honestly I just want to see him beat AJ. Why are they dodging it? Who's side is running scared?

I'm sure this will be a perfectly good boxing match but is there really that much demand for a third bout with Wilder? I'm not bothering with box office this time.

Even the fight poster is bored.... fury is yawning, wilder looks like he is being sung a lullaby.
    Come on Hearns, give us a fight we want!

Craftsman
    I see a different Wilder turning up this time and I worry that Fury will get complacent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jlynch1984 View Post
    I see a different Wilder turning up this time and I worry that Fury will get complacent.

My thoughts exactly but I do hope Fury isn't complacent enough to think it's going to be easy.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    I'm trying to feign interest but honestly I just want to see him beat AJ. Why are they dodging it? Who's side is running scared?

I'm sure this will be a perfectly good boxing match but is there really that much demand for a third bout with Wilder? I'm not bothering with box office this time.

Even the fight poster is bored.... fury is yawning, wilder looks like he is being sung a lullaby.
    Come on Hearns, give us a fight we want!
    Well, yes, you're right, sort of. While Fury and everyone this side of the Atlantic was interested in Fury and AJ, the Americans are more interested in their own boy Wilder.

After being ordered to fight Wilder by an American court, it would be career suicide to ignore the ruling, there'd be all sorts of sanctions on him and his promoters and he'd never get the shot at uniting all the belts.

Hope Wilder gets KO`d. After fight 2 he showed his true colors with his excuses and refusing to give Fury any credit at all

As I understand it, the winner of W/F II is contractually required to first give a rematch.

There's been no real desire to ever get the AJ Fury fight on. I can see Wilder winning this one and Fury retiring for a stint in WWE.

Master
    The HW division isnt doing it for me these days.

AJ never excited me, Fury is starting to do my head in a bit, Whyte has become a moan, Povetkin is 80 years old, Chisora is British level at best, Usyk is punching above his weight... literally, I couldn't like Dubois if you paid me, Wilder is completely delusional, Parker is.. just Parker.

Interested to see Joyce's next fight though

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    There's been no real desire to ever get the AJ Fury fight on. I can see Wilder winning this one and Fury retiring for a stint in WWE.
    Fury lives for boxing, he’s had some issues along the way but he looks fully committed.

Wilder has got to be one of the best punchers in boxing ever though. The power he generates is ridiculous, he doesn’t even have great technique, throwing from his hips instead of his legs. He’s a small heavy weight as well.

I think Fury wants AJ, I see the real issue being Eddie Hearn. He wants to rinse AJ for all he’s worth. He realises there’s a good chance Fury is going to win so he’s putting it off as long as possible and making slot of money in the meantime.

It is such a pain to now be dragged back to this rematch after we were gearing up for Fury vs AJ (I literally was celebrating it just being announced).

It’ll be interesting. I totally get the point on worries over TF being complacent regarding the fight but I don’t think he really will if I’m honest. Or at least not to the point where he can be beaten. He knows now exactly what he can do to Wilder and it’s very interesting if you watch some of the breakdowns on YouTube about his movements and how he kept Wilder not only on the back foot (with no ability to launch those big detonators) but also how shifting onto different sides also closed off his power sides.

Wilder has that one shot and that’s what makes him still a possibility. Anyone else who had drawn (lost) then got annihilated like he did would never be taken as seriously again. My thoughts have always been that his reputation was won off of being a crazy fighter with that one shot. That’s what everyone was scared off so he bossed fights and nobody tested him, they pretty much all tried to dodge those big punches or wait for them. AJ is scared to go against anyone in their prime and dangerous. Either he is or his promoter is, nothing to do with “legacy” but just around length of career and earnings in that window.
    Wilder came up against not only someone with boxing pedigree, but an unorthodox fighter, someone who can move like nobody else of that size and also (make of it what you will) a real fighting background. We’re not talking about just learned boxing. If you watch ho he handles people in certain fights he’ll handle people and pull guards down to get punches in, like a street fighter would. Not a gym-learned boxer.

I’m rooting for him and I can’t wait. Gutted it’ll be another US fest and involve a night shift to see it but it is what it is.

In summary, Wilder has no boxing skills aside from a big punch. You can’t re-teach that and unlearn your faults in a year and a half... not to mention then go up against TF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Where’s it being held ?
    The T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

Craftsman

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Chr1stof View Post
    It is such a pain to now be dragged back to this rematch after we were gearing up for Fury vs AJ (I literally was celebrating it just being announced).

It’ll be interesting. I totally get the point on worries over TF being complacent regarding the fight but I don’t think he really will if I’m honest. Or at least not to the point where he can be beaten. He knows now exactly what he can do to Wilder and it’s very interesting if you watch some of the breakdowns on YouTube about his movements and how he kept Wilder not only on the back foot (with no ability to launch those big detonators) but also how shifting onto different sides also closed off his power sides.

Wilder has that one shot and that’s what makes him still a possibility. Anyone else who had drawn (lost) then got annihilated like he did would never be taken as seriously again. My thoughts have always been that his reputation was won off of being a crazy fighter with that one shot. That’s what everyone was scared off so he bossed fights and nobody tested him, they pretty much all tried to dodge those big punches or wait for them. AJ is scared to go against anyone in their prime and dangerous. Either he is or his promoter is, nothing to do with “legacy” but just around length of career and earnings in that window.
    Wilder came up against not only someone with boxing pedigree, but an unorthodox fighter, someone who can move like nobody else of that size and also (make of it what you will) a real fighting background. We’re not talking about just learned boxing. If you watch ho he handles people in certain fights he’ll handle people and pull guards down to get punches in, like a street fighter would. Not a gym-learned boxer.

I’m rooting for him and I can’t wait. Gutted it’ll be another US fest and involve a night shift to see it but it is what it is.

In summary, Wilder has no boxing skills aside from a big punch. You can’t re-teach that and unlearn your faults in a year and a half... not to mention then go up against TF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Spot on summary for me and if Fury comes through unscathed AJ and his promoter will be very worried, not for the fact of climbing inside the ring but for future big paydays evaporating away and when tagged by Fury he’ll totally brick it as unfortunately he doesn’t like front foot pressure and big heavy punches :)

Craftsman
    AJ v Fury is the fight that should have happened. After the last showing Wilder should’ve waited his turn.

My concern is that by the time AJ and TF do fight they’ll be past their peak.

John Fury’s comments on this subject were interesting. Quite critical of his son as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC41 View Post
    AJ v Fury is the fight that should have happened. After the last showing Wilder should’ve waited his turn.

My concern is that by the time AJ and TF do fight they’ll be past their peak.

John Fury’s comments on this subject were interesting. Quite critical of his son as well.
    That interview was worrying given how knowledgeable and straight up his dad is.

When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Fury looks like he has been on a pie diet!.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Interesting interview and very frank…

My concern for Tyson is he goes into fight assuming a win and thinking 3rd gear will do and also not being fit enough to go the distance should that happen…

Wilder is no match for Tysons boxing skills or technique….but he’s no doubt a seriously pissed off individual who has potentially trained hard for the last 18 months and is capable of landing a whopper, he did put Tyson on his back…

I hope he takes this fight seriously and does not underestimate Wilders threat…