closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Posting watches

Journeyman

Posting watches

Hi All,

If you post a watch worth say £7,000 can you get extra insurance above the £2,500 RM special delivery.

Thanks in advance

You could use somebody like Securus.

Send the parcel via R.M.S.D. then get the insurance with Securus.

I meant to do this recently, I sent a Sub. off to Parkers, for a trade, meaning to get the insurance...Some family "emergency"! prevented me from getting the insurance...by the time i "remembered"! to get the insurance..it was to late.

I was sweating profusely! until I got confirmation that the watch had been delivered safely!

Quote Originally Posted by Iain73 View Post
    Hi All,

If you post a watch worth say £7,000 can you get extra insurance above the £2,500 RM special delivery.

Thanks in advance
    Please note you need to get the 3rd party insurance for the full value of the package (in this example £7,000), not just the amount above £2,500.

If the value of the parcel exceeds £2,500, the Royal Mail Special Delivery insurance is worth £0.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post

If the value of the parcel exceeds £2,500, the Royal Mail Special Delivery insurance is worth £0.
    Is that definitely true? I've heard conflicting opinions on this

Sent from my SM-T875 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Thanks guys

I got a quote from securus, about £60. It seems quite steep but I suppose I won’t be saying that if it goes missing!

Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    Is that definitely true? I've heard conflicting opinions on this

Sent from my SM-T875 using Tapatalk
    Yes, definitely. They do enforce this rule as well.

https://www.royalmail.com/sites/roya...ruary-2021.pdf

Contents of Items
    6.6 You can only send Valuables using: (i) Special Delivery Guaranteed Returns, subject to your
    compliance with paragraph 6.7, or (ii) Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am, and/or Special
    Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm subject to your compliance with paragraphs 6.7, 6.8 and 10.
    Version 4.1 (18 February 2021)
    Page 8
    Classified: RMG – Internal
    6.7 You must not hand over any single Item whose contents have a total value of more than £2,500
    when using Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am, Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm or Special
    Delivery Guaranteed Returns.

6.8 In relation to each address you ask us to deliver to, you must not give us, on any one Day:
    6.8.1 more than four Items containing money; or
    6.8.2 four or less Items whose contents containing money have a total value of more than
    £7,500.
    6.9 If you do not comply with paragraphs 6.7 or 6.8 then:
    6.9.1 you must pay us for any costs (including legal costs), expenses, claims, losses, damages
    and awards we have to pay as a direct or indirect result of your failure to comply;
    6.9.2 we will not be responsible to you for any loss or damage for those Items, including in
    respect of any compensation specified in Appendix C (Compensation Matrix) of the
    General Terms; and

6.9.3 we may (at our absolute discretion) terminate the Agreement immediately in which
    case we will not owe you any liability whatsoever.
    To avoid doubt, this clause 6.9 is not to be interp

Given the risk of £7k going missing, I'd just be getting in the car and meeting up

If you want a quick and easy retail solution, try Mail Boxes Etc. I used them to send a circa £2.5k watch to NZ and they paid out immediately when it went missing.