closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Trying to trace/locate a Rolex Submariner

Trying to trace/locate a Rolex Submariner

Hi,

I am currently trying to trace/locate the watch shown below that I sold on this forum in 2016. The below details are the only ones I have, no serial numbers or H&V post to show where it went to.
    If you bought this watch from me and want to sell at the market price plus a small premium please let me know a asap.

Thanks.

Keith.

FS only, 2005 Rolex Submariner 16610 OHPF
    FS onlys, 2005 D Serial Rolex Submariner 16610, UK sourced watch with Box and papers.
    Missing is the Anchor and Red Tag/Seal.

The watch was serviced on 14.July.2009 , has been worn is definitely no safe queen with scratches to the case and bracelet commensurate to age, though these would polish out at a service. Of note, the pip is cracked and has been since 2010, also there is a dent to the side of the clasp, see the last picture though it does not affect its functionality.

As a result will only do a F2F re this and price wise £3900. Firm.

Thanks for looking, any questions please PM.

OHPF.

Keith.
    Last edited by carlyrox; 13th November 2016

Haven’t you got any payment details or was it a cash sale.

Quote Originally Posted by carlyrox View Post
    Hi,

I am currently trying to trace/locate the watch shown below that I sold on this forum in 2016. The below details are the only ones I have, no serial numbers or H&V post to show where it went to.
    If you bought this watch from me and want to sell at the market price plus a small premium please let me know a asap.

Thanks.

Keith.

FS only, 2005 Rolex Submariner 16610 OHPF
    FS onlys, 2005 D Serial Rolex Submariner 16610, UK sourced watch with Box and papers.
    Missing is the Anchor and Red Tag/Seal.

The watch was serviced on 14.July.2009 , has been worn is definitely no safe queen with scratches to the case and bracelet commensurate to age, though these would polish out at a service. Of note, the pip is cracked and has been since 2010, also there is a dent to the side of the clasp, see the last picture though it does not affect its functionality.

As a result will only do a F2F re this and price wise £3900. Firm.

Thanks for looking, any questions please PM.

OHPF.

Keith.
    Last edited by carlyrox; 13th November 2016

Quote Originally Posted by TBKBABAB View Post
    Hi TBKBABAB,

Thanks for the response. It was a deal on here, I believe I posted the watch out so it wouldn't have been a cash sale and I do not have the payment details or my statements do not go back that far.

Regards.

Keith.

Worth checking your emails from that period as most PMs end up there by default.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Worth checking your emails from that period as most PMs end up there by default.
    Thanks wileeeeeey.

Quote Originally Posted by TBKBABAB View Post
    Try calling your bank and asking if they still have a record of who the payment was from.

Craftsman
    Hi Keith,

I have this Sub!

I purchased it off another forum member back in early 2019.

Since your ownership it's had another Rolex service and a bezel replacement. Don't worry...... I still have the old bezel with the cracked pip!

Drop me a PM

Paul

Sorry,

Will PM.

Keith

Sent from my SM-G973F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by carlyrox; 14th June 2021 at 14:07.

Craftsman
    Bit of a result, that was nice to read.

Master
    Nice, I'd like to know what happens here, for some reason.

I feel like someome has found an old friend

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

I hope in the spirit of the forum, the watch is returned to the OP for £3800:-)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    I hope in the spirit of the forum, the watch is returned to the OP for £3800:-)
    cue the anti Profiteering Police .....

Hi all,

Just to provide a history to the thread. The watch was bought by me and presented to my son for his 25th. I had a 1996 sub given to me bought by Grandmother in 1996, so I wanted to do this for my only son and saved for some considerable time to do so.
    My son set up his business and got into financial difficulties to the extent (and this becomes so hard) that he had really dark thoughts. He kept a smile on his face and hid everything from me though took up whatever work he could, including security work, delivering pizzas and anything else that could keep his head above water.

The real downside was him having the bailiffs at his house wanting to take anything they could get and him standing his ground though begging to them for some leeway, again not informing me of his situation.

He has now with support from his wife and two kids has come out of the other side and now wants to buy back the item his old man bought for him.

I type this and am so choked up now knowing what he went through but feeling so useless as he did not come to me for help as he thought it would show weakness.

I have now located the owner P4u1 and hopefully will buy it from him.

Sorry to bore you if I have.

Keith.

Sorry to hear about your boy's hard times. Really good to hear he managed to get through the other side.

Master
    Just popped over from SC. Best of luck to your son and fingers crossed you can reunite him with the sub.

Thanks for the support but please take it from me that the hobby or whatever we like to call it is nothing when you put into perspective what life can unleash on you or your loved ones without you knowing the difficulties they might be enduring.

Keep everything in perspective, tell your loved ones how you feel and make sure they realise that whatever problem they may have and no matter how big or small, it can be sorted.

Regards and stay safe.

Keith.

Craftsman
    Hi all,

Just to provide a history to the thread. The watch was bought by me and presented to my son for his 25th. I had a 1996 sub given to me bought by Grandmother in 1996, so I wanted to do this for my only son and saved for some considerable time to do so.
    My son set up his business and got into financial difficulties to the extent (and this becomes so hard) that he had really dark thoughts. He kept a smile on his face and hid everything from me though took up whatever work he could, including security work, delivering pizzas and anything else that could keep his head above water.

The real downside was him having the bailiffs at his house wanting to take anything they could get and him standing his ground though begging to them for some leeway, again not informing me of his situation.

He has now with support from his wife and two kids has come out of the other side and now wants to buy back the item his old man bought for him.

I type this and am so choked up now knowing what he went through but feeling so useless as he did not come to me for help as he thought it would show weakness.

I have now located the owner P4u1 and hopefully will buy it from him.

Sorry to bore you if I have.

Keith.

I’m very sorry to hear about your son’s difficulties. I can’t imagine how upsetting that must have been. However, I am glad he’s out of the other side and I really hope you can secure the watch back for him. It sounds like it would be a symbol of beating these life troubles.

I’d really like to hear how this ends - best of luck getting it back and again, I’m glad your son’s doing alright.

Craftsman
    All the best to you and your son. That’s great that you managed to track the watch down.

Not boring at all. Sorry to hear of his earlier troubles. All the best for the future

Master
    Agree wholeheartedly about perspective. So glad for you and your Son his life has turned a corner.

Master
    Respect to all concerned. The story does put some pressure on the current owner though so perhaps buying an acceptable replacement and swapping might be more in order.

Well done to your son and his wife. Debt is a terrible thing and it’s a lot to come out the other end.

Kudos on your parenting OP and all the best to you, your son and family

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    Respect to all concerned. The story does put some pressure on the current owner though so perhaps buying an acceptable replacement and swapping might be more in order.

Well done to your son and his wife. Debt is a terrible thing and it’s a lot to come out the other end.
    Completely disagree. I think the OP will have discussed this already with the new owner. This is a great show of the forum working and being a community where watches tend to stay within the community

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I'm the current owner of the Sub!!

Keith (AKA Carlyrox) is a great TZ'er and has not put any pressure on me..... but he is obviously keen to buy it. I have no sentimental attachment to watch but also had no plans to sell it. It would be great if Keith's son can get his watch back.

I just need to work out how I can "replace it" and then we can reunite Keith (and his son) with the watch.

I feel a WTB brewing

Master
    Blog Entries
    Glad to hear things have improved and there is a chance of watch reconciliation.

Not quite sure I understand the situation, you say you sold it. Did your son ask you to sell it for him? If so you must have wondered why he wanted to capitalise it’s value or have I miss understood the situation. Just confused about the back story.

Good luck with the resolution.

Hi montello,

Sorry you did not understand the situation though I thought I had made it clear.

Yes, I bought the watch for my son and yes he asked me to sell it for him which I obviously did though did on the understanding that it would help him pay debts which he would clear.

I did not know the true financial difficulties he was in and he did not inform me of the scale as if he had I would have assisted as best I could.

He is a proud person and did not want to ask for assistance as he thought it may look bad and at the time the dark thoughts he had far outweighed any other reasoning.

All I can say is I am glad that episode of his life is over, he is back and he and his family are enjoying life.

Hope this is OK for you and if you need to query any more please PM me as I now have time for such insignificant Gits like yourself.

Thanks and Regards.

Keith.

Hope this is OK for you and if you need to query any more please PM me as I now have time for such insignificant Gits like yourself.

Thanks and Regards.

Keith.

Ouch,
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Sorry for my last, I have had a bit of wine and accept that my response was and is out of order.

It is the drink that is talking.

Regards and apologise.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post

Agreed.

Master
    Hi montello,

Sorry you did not understand the situation though I thought I had made it clear.

Yes, I bought the watch for my son and yes he asked me to sell it for him which I obviously did though did on the understanding that it would help him pay debts which he would clear.

I did not know the true financial difficulties he was in and he did not inform me of the scale as if he had I would have assisted as best I could.

He is a proud person and did not want to ask for assistance as he thought it may look bad and at the time the dark thoughts he had far outweighed any other reasoning.

All I can say is I am glad that episode of his life is over, he is back and he and his family are enjoying life.

Thanks and Regards.

Keith.

Thanks for the invaluable insight.

Sorry for my last, I have had a bit of wine and accept that my response was and is out of order.

It is the drink that is talking.

Regards and apologise.

Keith
    I thought it was quite measured.

Montello wanted to forensically dissect your post- which wasn't warranted.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Hi

Thanks and Regards.

Keith.

Sorry, I was only trying to understand the situation that you’d chosen to share ...
    Last edited by Montello; 16th June 2021 at 09:05.

As way of an update: -

Today my son had a F2F with P4u1 who was the current owner of the said watch, I say was as it is now reunited with my son who is, I am going to say over the moon to have it. Though that would be an understatement.

After the chapter my son went through and listening to what lengths he took to get back on his feet and now being in a position that he is makes me feel so proud.

P4u1 aka Paul has been a total gent throughout and is a credit to this forum.

Though thanks to all who assisted placing this thread on SC to help.

Regards to all and give your loved ones an extra hug as sometimes we take all for granted.

Sorry if I have bored anyone.

Take care and stay safe.

Keith.

Good result and thanks for the update

Good result

Journeyman
    Great story

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Top work P4u1.

Sometimes a watch is more than just a watch.

Craftsman
    It was a watch I thought I would never sell but it had no sentimental value to me and I thought I can always buy another Sub.

I felt I made the right decision when I saw Keith's son"s reaction, he was overjoyed to have his old watch back, it clearly meant a lot to him.

Nice of you to give us insignificant gits an update. I'm glad it had a happy ending.

Master
    This is brilliant.

Fair play to you Paul for letting it go even though you didn't actually want to.

You now have the hassle of finding a replacement but you most certainly did the right thing, in my opinion.

Top of the class!

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by P4u1 View Post
    It was a watch I thought I would never sell but it had no sentimental value to me and I thought I can always buy another Sub.

I felt I made the right decision when I saw Keith's son"s reaction, he was overjoyed to have his old watch back, it clearly meant a lot to him.
    Well done to you, a truly selfless decision and one to be applauded

Now, Now,

Lets not spoil a thread for the sake of being controversial, I apologised as soon as I had sent that comment and it was not directed to all but one member who wanted to pry further than what was required.

Just be happy in the fact that the forum members have assisted each other, all well that ends well and all that.

Again, cheers to all who assisted and ultimately to you Paul.

Regards.

Keith.

Oh and BTW, I am now after a Rolex GMT ii Pepsi bezel, all original with Box and Papers and preferably tritium.
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Nice of you to give us insignificant gits an update. I'm glad it had a happy ending.
    Last edited by carlyrox; 2nd July 2021 at 17:54.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Glad it is is sorted now but more importantly the issues that lead to the original sale are now also resolved.

All the best …

Montello,

You are a gent and please accept my sincere apologies.

Take care.

Keith.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Montello,

You are a gent and please accept my sincere apologies.

Take care.

Keith.

👍 apologies if my post touched a nerve, was unintended.

We are all here for the love of watches and this is a great tale of a watch reunited and reinforces the memories and emotions that get attached to watches.

I’m certain your lad will be delighted to be reunited with his watch.

Craftsman
    Nice one!

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Totally out of order!

OP glad this has turned out well for you. And a true sign of why for the most part this forum is a top place to be! All the best to you and your family!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Glad the buyer and seller were able to work out an amicable deal - many thanks for the update, the journey was a great read!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    This is one of those threads that really shine a light on how understanding and supportive this forum seems to be.
    I'm not a prolific poster but I do lurk, read quite a bit and always tend to leave with a bit more knowledge than when I 1st started.

Delighted that the watch was for want of a better word, reunited with the earlier owner and that the current owner was so amenable and understanding.

I really find "watch" folk and their corners of the internet to be the soundest places.
    My usual haunt is elsewhere and it's a small community that always stand by each other.

Great to see that spirit replicated here too.

Nice to see a happy ending to this thread. I’ve been there when I was much young, my business was failing , up to my eyes in debt was living at home and none of my family knew. Was dark times but got through it so your thread hit home for me.

All the best