Hi folks

No accident thankfully but a situation just occurred whilst I was a passenger in my daughters (passed her test this week so new to the road) car.

We were due to turn left into a road and she was indicating left in good time. road is a 30 and she had dropped it to 2nd and slowing down ready to make the turn.

However just before the turn is a driveway/entrance to a pub (probably a max of 10m between the centre of the pub drive and the centre of the turning so very close.

Anyway out popped a car bonnet from the pub as we approached and at slow speed proceeded to pull straight out in front of my daughter and turned right. We stopped in time and all went on our way (some hand signals may have been ex changed ).

My wife is adamant that daughter wasn't in the wrong as the guy should have known people would be indicating into the upcoming turn. However I am of the opinion that he couldn't be completely at fault as she was indicating and he could assume she was pulling into the pub.

Maybe Insurance and blame would be 50/50 but was wonderibg what others thoughts would be?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk