closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Corniche getting us in the mood for summer

Craftsman

Corniche getting us in the mood for summer

It is a lovely sunny day here in the UK, so here are two recent releases from Corniche that the G7 can take with them as they romp on the beach in the beautiful St Ives and Carbis Bay.

L’Été Sans Fin Chronograph in Azure Blue:

This time with an orange dial:

My favourite is the Azure Blue. I really like the applied Arabic numerals, but I am not so keen on how the sub dials cut some of the numbers. If it was a white dial with blue numerals and hands, then I would be sold.

I do like the blue. And also the orange. If Eddie wasn't about to unleash another winner in the form of the Caribbean next month I would be happy to order either.

Thanks for the post.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Master
    They are lovely. If I bought one Mrs G would have it off my wrist and onto hers. What are Corniche like as a vendor. I wasn’t aware of them until this post.

Craftsman
    Yes, my wife likes the orange one. I don’t know much about the company. They seem to be based in Stockholm, although their prices on the web site are in USD. But they do some nice dials, not just printed either, unlike a lot of micro brands.

4 of the number cut, makes my teeth itch, other than that liking the colours

Going by the thread title, I was expecting to see a Rolls Royce convertible.

Some great summer colours on the watches.

Never heard of this brand but those look great. Sensible size too. Is the Chronograph quartz and the time mechanical?

I thought it was going to be an Abu Dhabi wristshot

Fun watches.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Never heard of this brand but those look great. Sensible size too. Is the Chronograph quartz and the time mechanical?
    It is a Meca Quartz like a loot of chronos in that range.
    Inspite of my aversion to anything other than black dial in watches, these seem to be fun.

Having another look at these now but I think the extra cost of import taxes and 'handling' costs would make them unattractive value-for-money wise.

With 30 day returns and free shipping it is worthwhile ordering both to check out which you prefer.

As long as you are in the EU of course and so not hit with all those excessive charges.

Corniche getting us in the mood for summer

So I ordered both and they arrived today. The quality is reasonable for the price but the pushers are a little wobbly!

I would say it was a chronograph in the true sense. The sub dials are minutes on the left and a 24hr day/night indicator (can’t be used for a second time zone) which just follows the hour hour. No running seconds unless you engage the chronograph seconds hand and have that running. Not sure what the effect on battery life would be to keep that on all the time!

The colours are bright with the orange being much more in your face (and to be honest I am not sure I will keep that). The lance hands are nice and it is a relatively cheap fun beach/holiday watch. I am also not sure that the applied numerals look at sharp and flat as in the mock ups above. They are more shiny and rounded to my eyes! Finally, it states 50m waterproof but with those pushers I am not sure and I doubt I will risk it in the pool which does limit as the all round holiday watch but something a little different to wear when not in the water! I mean we know that 50m basically means splashproof at best!

Please excuse the thumbprint!

Not sure mixing and matching the straps works!
    Last edited by paw3001; 16th June 2021 at 12:24.

The blue certainly looks the better of the two. A lovely summer watch.

Looks better when out of the bright sunshine. You can really see the matt look of the ceramic dial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    That mixing and matching the straps made me laugh, you mad lad. Shame about no running seconds.

Cool looking watches I actually like the colours just a shame about the issues now with import.

Name makes me think of back in the day in Qatar though :)

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Cool looking watches I actually like the colours just a shame about the issues now with import.

Name makes me think of back in the day in Qatar though :)
    Luckily, I am in the EU so no such issues with customs etc.

Super quickly delivery as well. Ordered on Sunday evening arrived Wednesday lunchtime!

That orange is just too much though for me and it’s going back.

Grand Master
    I like them both! I see that Harvey Nichols stock some Corniche watches, but unfortunately not these colourful ones ..
    /vince ..