closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Westward Ho! Anyone been

Journeyman

Westward Ho! Anyone been

I seem to have stumbled across a reasonably priced place, the property itself looks fine but I've never been to this part of Devon.

The beach looks nice, any experience of pubs, restaurants, trips etc gratefully received

Sent from my SM-N975F using TZ-UK mobile app

I spent a lot of time in this area a good few years ago, so more historical than up-to-date.
    The town itself is not particularly scenic, but as a base it is spectacularly well-placed.
    A few miles west into the Delectable Duchy you have a stunning coastline around Hartland/Morwenstowe (with an interesting history surrounding the Revd. Hawker, an alumnus of mine) and of course Clovelly, very touristy but very beautiful, and memorable.
    North to Appledore & Barnstaple, getting better, then the north Somerset coast where Exmoor tumbles into the sea is definitely Holiday Heaven. Lynton, Lynmouth, or inland to Oare Church of Lorna Doone fame.

Master
    I went a few times with my Dad, god only knows how he got onto it coming from Manchester! It was like the land that time forgot but the beaches are nice, the lodgings are cheap and the cider is strong.
    Sadly I can't recall any particular local spots, we generally used it as a base to explore the surrounding towns as mentioned above. In that respect there are some cracking days out to be had.