closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Today's "Chester Standard" : sentencing for fake Rolex pair

Master

Today's "Chester Standard" : sentencing for fake Rolex pair

https://www.chesterstandard.co.uk/ne...ntre-jeweller/

Must have been a quiet day for the court reporter, but one might hope that such coverage will deter others.

I would imagine it will certainly deter similar schemes from being tried on your premises anyway H.
    Nice to see some justice being done.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post

Must have been a quiet day for the court reporter, but one might hope that such coverage will deter others.
    Was that the man who is now Templogin's avatar?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

well deserved... why did the person leave his identity documents behind however?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Was that the man who is now Templogin's avatar?
    Ah, no, that picture is one of the "Trip Advisor" divvies from this link : https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-1-2-2018-quot

I believe he now has greater things to worry about

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    well deserved... why did the person leave his identity documents behind however?
    The newspaper report is not comprehensive or definitive. It particularly lacks the comedy of the dive over the canal bridge and the conversation that took place in black Jaguar "*** 375" before the box of fakes with one culprit's name and address on was jettisoned.

We had asked for the other individual's passport in store and taken it to the back office, before inviting him to stay and await the police who had been called as soon as we had recorded the proof we needed.

He chose not to wait for the police but to exit stage left without further delay (beginning the slow pursuit of which I have written elsewhere), leaving his passport behind.

His solicitor wrote to us, demanding the passport, but by that time it was with officers from Cheshire's finest :-)

I might reply to that letter at some point and may reproduce my response here.

Master
    Why do these characters sound as if they came straight out of Dickens? Dodgy geezers.

The newspaper report is not comprehensive or definitive. It particularly lacks the comedy of the dive over the canal bridge and the conversation that took place in black Jaguar "*** 375" before the box of fakes with one culprit's name and address on was jettisoned.

We had asked for the other individual's passport in store and taken it to the back office, before inviting him to stay and await the police who had been called as soon as we had recorded the proof we needed.

He chose not to wait for the police but to exit stage left without further delay (beginning the slow pursuit of which I have written elsewhere), leaving his passport behind.

His solicitor wrote to us, demanding the passport, but by that time it was with officers from Cheshire's finest :-)

I might reply to that letter at some point and may reproduce my response here.
    Fantastic story haha

Yup, incomplete. Read the report to see if there was any mention of the ‘handsome’ buggier who pursued them but alas, no mention of him:-)

When the world returns to normal and I can go back to The Boot for a pint, I will keep an eye out for Cowley, Bodie and Doyle stalking the streets of Chester chasing wrong'uns.

Would have been more exciting if the mean team in their Ford Capri had crashed through a wall of Rolex boxes in pursuit of the criminal masterminds.

Master
    Priceless, I live 5 miles from Chester and always have a mooch at Haywoods shop under the clock. Maybe next time the idiots will pick a softer target.

Didn’t realise that was Haywoods shop under the clock bridge. I’ll be calling in there next time I’m in Chester.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was the second story on my Google news feed today. You've made the big time, H.

Craftsman
    Not very smart trying to pawn fakes to a dealer, someone who sees the real deal all the time. They must have been desperate.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    Not very smart trying to pawn fakes to a dealer, someone who sees the real deal all the time. They must have been desperate.
    These were SuperFakes with copy movements, some genuine accessories and matching, fake warranty cards. Many in the jewellery trades would have been fooled and paid out £5,000 or so —- and indeed they did, as in the Haynes case. If caught, the most baddies could generally expect would be rejection, not to be recorded incriminating themselves, being followed, accomplices fingered, police interest, CPS support and conviction.

Stupid and bent, yes. Unlucky, certainly. Huzzah!

Happy days Haywood. Well done!!

These were SuperFakes with copy movements, some genuine accessories and matching, fake warranty cards. Many in the jewellery trades would have been fooled and paid out £5,000 or so —- and indeed they did, as in the Haynes case. If caught, the most baddies could generally expect would be rejection, not to be recorded incriminating themselves, being followed, accomplices fingered, police interest, CPS support and conviction.

Stupid and bent, yes. Unlucky, certainly. Huzzah!
    Wow. Fakes so good that professionals in the trade can't spot them. That's scary. What hope does your average person or even a well-informed member here have?

I've become increasingly disillusioned with Rolex and this is another nail in the casket. I'll always love some of their vintage stuff (many references are stone cold classics) but the Veblen bling bracelets of late seem to me to be horrible in every sense and sold by a company whose PR is better than their horology.

Anyway, top work as usual HM. Keep it up, sir!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    This was the second story on my Google news feed today. You've made the big time, H.
    As I keep declining invitations to appear in dreadful series purporting to be about pawnbroking, I fear that my fame peaked back in 1997 :

"It's time to meet Number Two, so let's say hello to Haywood from Liverpool!"

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    Wow. Fakes so good that professionals in the trade can't spot them.
    That isn't quite what I said ;-)

That isn't quite what I said ;-)
    Good point!

btw, your inbox is full. Just tried to message you.

Master
    Good point!

Unfortunately it will remain full, so that certain “entitled and demanding” members cannot contact me that way.

Please try another method but include your tz-handle if you wish and I should respond, although the next couple of days are golf at Loch Lomond.

Unfortunately it will remain full, so that certain “entitled and demanding” members cannot contact me that way.

Please try another method but include your tz-handle if you wish and I should respond, although the next couple of days are golf at Loch Lomond.
    Will do. Hope the golf is good.

Good point!

The adjectives 'entitled' and 'demanding' may well describe God, but not, generally speaking, members of His team.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    The adjectives 'entitled' and 'demanding' may well describe God, but not, generally speaking, members of His team.
    The problem is how one allows the 99% of normal, friendly and appreciative forum members to send messages, while excluding those who expect a personal and detailed research project undertaken on demand.

The problem is how one allows the 99% of normal, friendly and appreciative forum members to send messages, while excluding those who expect a personal and detailed research project undertaken on demand.
    Placing those on ignore will stop their PMs as well, I believe.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.