closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: AP Code 11.59 on Rubber

Master

AP Code 11.59 on Rubber

….well, almost. The new ceramic Codes are supplied with a “woven effect” rubber-coated leather strap. I think this looks a lot nicer and sportier than the standard crocodile strap. So, after a few emails, I popped down to the AP House in London and picked up a new strap.

I also got a chance to look at the new ROO 43. The fumé dial version is amazing and doesn’t seem to wear much bigger than my 42mm diver. The dial almost seems to glow. I also got to try on the red 11.59 which is very Moser!

Despite the fact AP House has a fully stocked bar, I was only offered a soft drink - no afternoon G&T for me. The staff were fantastic though, fitted the strap and happily talked watches for 45 minutes.

Here’s that new strap….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gladders; 20th June 2021 at 08:47.

Craftsman
    Very nice
    Love the sculpting of the case
    Nice touch for AP to include the strap
    Last edited by Mysqueek; 20th June 2021 at 09:42.

Craftsman
    Looks great, gives it a sporty look. The Code 3 handers are my favourite current AP design by a mile.

Craftsman
    I really like that, is the case white gold? I had a look on the AP website but couldn't see this model.
    The case reminds me of my Moser.

I think I have found now, is it this one?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by noidea; 20th June 2021 at 11:49.

Master
    Hi,

Yes - that’s the one. It’s the first generation of the Code and I think it’s discontinued now. And, yes, it’s white gold.

simon

PS: I didn’t pay £27.5k for mine!

Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    I really like that, is the case white gold? I had a look on the AP website but couldn't see this model.
    The case reminds me of my Moser.

I think I have found now, is it this one?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gladders View Post
    Hi,

Yes - that’s the one. It’s the first generation of the Code and I think it’s discontinued now. And, yes, it’s white gold.

simon

PS: I didn’t pay £27.5k for mine!
    Thanks Simon
    Did you get a discount on it new or was it used? If you don't mind me asking?
    Last edited by noidea; 20th June 2021 at 12:01.

Master
    I got mine preowned from Watchfinder in Feb 2020. There was PX involved, but I paid around £18k.

It was in perfect condition when I first got it, but I’ve worn it a lot and it’s picked up some bumps and bruises.

simon

Thanks Simon
    Did you get a discount on it new or was it used? If you don't mind me asking?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gladders View Post
    I got mine preowned from Watchfinder in Feb 2020. There was PX involved, but I paid around £18k.

It was in perfect condition when I first got it, but I’ve worn it a lot and it’s picked up some bumps and bruises.

simon
    Ok that makes it certainly more within reach. I thought they would hold more of their original value though. So buying new you would certainly take a hit.

Master
    I think the RRP back then was around £23k. But since I was the only person on the planet that actually liked the 11.59, I think Watchfinder were just happy it sold at any price!

I think the new generation of 11.59 with gradient dials are a lot more popular and may have a better residual. Maybe, just maybe, now my first generation is discontinued, it might gain value because of rarity. But I am the worst person in the world to offer advice of not taking a hit when reselling watches.

simon

Ok that makes it certainly more within reach. I thought they would hold more of their original value though. So buying new you would certainly take a hit.

Last edited by gladders; 20th June 2021 at 12:49.