I’ve been wearing my Speedbird III for the past couple of weeks and it has reminded me of what a fantastic watch this really is.

It seems to me that it’s been somewhat forgotten about over the last year or two with the 36mm Everest and PRS29 grabbing all the attention. If 36mm isn’t quite your thing (or even if it is with the baby Speedbird being available now), the slightly larger, 38mm Speedbird could be the answer.

It’s got the typical “hewn from a block of steel” feel that Eddie’s watches are famous for, with an equally hefty bracelet with butterfly clasp. No micro adjustment so it’s not always possible to get the perfect fit, but smallish links makes it possible to get close enough.

The dial is legible to those of us with older eyesight and the lume is good enough to last the whole night. Whilst the lined markers aren’t the largest, the polished chapter ring makes them effectively twice the size.

All in all, it’s a great watch and one that really deserves its place at the forefront of the Timefactors model line up.

Finally, a quick picture for those who don’t remember what they look like.