closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cheap Daytona and others yesterday

Master

Cheap Daytona and others yesterday

Looking at the sort of prices these things are going for, I though this was below market value, but I'm not Rolex expert. Hammer fell at £10k

These Subs were also under the high bid
    Last edited by uktotty; 10th June 2021 at 15:46.

Craftsman
    Just had a look at an upcoming auction and they list a buyers premium of 25% plus vat. That seems quite significant but even adding the £3k I guess that is still not too bad in the scheme of things.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Daytona was £ 12500 incl buyers fee ...No Box or Papers dink on bezel @ 180 and any buyer would be sensible to have serviced circa 1000-1200..so £ 13.5-14k once returned from service ...

but agree quite reasonable when compared to other similarly aged examples

think the 14060 no B&P @ 7.5K is pretty much market money..crystal chipped at 52 & 13 mins..service & crystal 500-700..

16610 not too bad at £ 6875

Craftsman
    It has felt as though the market is softening across the board in the last few months.
    It may be a blip but I've seen more unsold lots & bottom of estimate hammer prices on the last few auctions I've followed - at least for the less than mint examples.

I might be reading to much into it but wouldn't be surprised if that was the case with lockdown & travel restrictions easing somewhat.

Journeyman
    Good to know, anybody dealt with this auction house before?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie! View Post
    It has felt as though the market is softening across the board in the last few months.
    It may be a blip but I've seen more unsold lots & bottom of estimate hammer prices on the last few auctions I've followed - at least for the less than mint examples.

I might be reading to much into it but wouldn't be surprised if that was the case with lockdown & travel restrictions easing somewhat.
    OrÖ..maybeÖ.the most unappealing watches (tatty/no box and/papers) are finding their way into the auction houses at lower perceived hammer prices but the best pieces staying in retail where prices are still on the up?

Thatís reality I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimforthebushes View Post
    Lyon and Turnbull - basically the Scottish Phillips, Sothebys etc. you'll have no issues.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimforthebushes View Post
    Bought a few things from them. They have offices in London too so handy for viewing lots. Brochures, additional offices, events, general experience is great so donít mind the extra 5-7.5% vs others.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app