closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2021 / 2022 Football Season & Your Team's Chances

2021 / 2022 Football Season & Your Team's Chances

Now we know the league structures, let's get this started nice and early. I'll start us off with my expectations of Newcastle's season:

- Mr Bruce will be our manager
    - Joe Willock will return to Arsenal and barely feature during the season
    - Callum Wilson will spend 30% of the season out injured
    - ASM will leave pre-season
    - We'll finish the season around 14th - 16th
    - We won't have a cup run
    - Fat Mike will not sell the club

Over to you.

Seen as you've started in the north east and predicted doom and gloom, I'll continue the theme. Sunderland

- Wyke will leave before pre season starts

- we won't form a team until close to the end of the window

- pre season will be disrupted

- we will have a poor start

- fans will get on the teams back

- Johnson will be sacked by game 10-15

- new manager comes in and gives us a lift

- look like we will get automatic promotion

- falter and end up in the playoffs

- lose in playoffs

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post

- We'll finish the season around 14th - 16th
    ^^ pretty much nailed it. Altho if ASM does leave I think we will struggle to reach the dizzy heights of 16th. There will also be the annual Ashley wants to sell the club charade (coincidentally timed around us being stuck in bottom 3 and getting battered every week) - but he won’t

Arsenal view here.

Arteta will be sacked before 10 games. We will be linked with Conte, Mourinho, Pochittino, Sarri and Bielsa. Instead Sam Allardyce will be given the role in order to keep Arsenal up.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    The season will start and we still won’t have a manager. No director of football, either. Sorry, but I really don’t want to think about next season.

From the Everton perspective not looking good.

No manager at present.
    Several players need to be offloaded
    Will be difficult to attract talent

As things stand we are looking at somewhere around 10th to 13th place finish next season and no trophies unless something drastic happens between now and the start of the season.

We know our place

Spurs not looking hopeful either - Kane and Bale are likely gone, no sign of any major signings yet

At least we get to focus on the PL... no European competitions:)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

No manager at present.

As things stand we are looking at somewhere around 10th to 13th place finish next season and no trophies unless something drastic happens between now and the start of the season.

We know our place
    Have you got a new stadium to look forward to? Mind you, a fat lot of good that did for Arsenal and Spurs.

As a Bristol City F.C season ticket holder since 1978 I think some of you should be thankful for what you have ;-)

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Steve View Post
    As a Bristol City F.C season ticket holder since 1978 I think some of you should be thankful for what you have ;-)
    True! I can never understand the bickering and general lack of mutual respect between football fans, especially those who support the top sides. This thread is a sorry example.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Now we know the league structures, let's get this started nice and early. I'll start us off with my expectations of Newcastle's season:

- We'll finish the season around 14th - 16th, having looked like relegation prospects up until the last 7 or 8 games

Over to you.
    FTFY - you know the end placing won't reflect the angst ahead of a few late wins that plump the points total

Master
    Blog Entries

No manager at present.

We know our place
    New ground looks promising though…

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    New ground looks promising though…
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Have you got a new stadium to look forward to? Mind you, a fat lot of good that did for Arsenal and Spurs.
    It's on the local news every now and again, but nothing seems to actually happen. They have been discussing it for several years now so not holding out for anything. As stated, doesn't make the team any better.

Master
    From a Coventry perspective we at least get to play at a football ground in Coventry, albeit we don't own it because of our delightful owners, which will always be the barrier now against a new owner taking the club on

Success will once again equate to staying up as our entire squad costs less than typically just the 3rd or 4th most expensive player from the opposition, but it's nice to be back in the second tier anyway

Sincere thanks to Mark Robins - what he has achieved under those circumstances is astonishing, I just hope we hang onto him as CCFC played some of the most attractive football in the championship last season despite what can at best be described as a cobbled together squad.

No predictions but I'm looking forward to the season now that David Moyes has signed a new contract.

Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    Spurs not looking hopeful either - Kane and Bale are likely gone, no sign of any major signings yet

At least we get to focus on the PL... no European competitions:)
    Wut? You made the heady heights of the new Europa Conference League... https://www.football.london/tottenha...teams-20716678

Blog Entries
    Luton town football club been a fan for over 35 yrs

We have come along long way since the 30 point deduction that took us out of the football league , years on back to back league champions and know in the championship for the second year

A lot of people don’t realise that for most of last season financially Luton struggled and played from game to game to survive,at it could be the same this season , but we did it stayed in the championship and hopefully will stay in the championship for a few seasons at least

Blog Entries
    I think we have made yo-yoing respectable and in all honesty I have loved the last few seasons under Webber and Farke. A season in the Championship winning week after week with the most creative of football being played and lifting the trophy and a season of top clubs at Carrow Road. Take the money for going up and the money for going down.

The club remains on a self funding ethos and remains in good shape, the last thing Mrs Smith will do is spend.

Add to this one of the country’s most successful academies and youth program, I don’t need to list the success stories and the money that has been generated.

The scouting team again has made some massive finds, I think we will do well to hang onto a few during the summer.

All things considered I am expecting a bottom three finish with the odd big scalp at home. Looking forward to another season in the Prem and I am sure we will impress many of you.

Pitch

City will be in the frame with Liverpool, Chelsea and United. I'll be surprised if the top 4 places have any other names in there. I honestly don't know what order though. Signings in the summer, injuries, luck and VAR make it a tough call. I think we'll definitely get into the round of 16 in the CL, after that it gets tough as we all know.

Wolves:

- Random Portuguese manager (yes won the title with Benfica but in England...yikes...)
    - Likely to sell Neves but keep his much older version Moutinho... we're not planning for the future.
    - Big Q on whether Jimenez returns and even if he does, will he be okay and is it worth the risk to his health? No one would be mad if he said he was retiring.
    - Traore may go but I hope he stays.
    - We need Neto and Podence back and fit - we were toothless without them.
    - We'll finish the season around 10th - 14th, but if Boly and/or Coady are out for periods I think we could be in trouble.
    - We won't have a cup run and I don't think we should bother with them given our squad size

Liverpool bought some defensive cover, Kabak wont be staying and in all honesty cant see Nat Phillips staying (Would much prefer he did) but think Matip will be the defensive cover with Williams going out on loan to a championship club. There will be a fair few going and we will bring in a midfielder and hopefully a striker. I dont think we need massive change just about 3 new players and perhaps bringing a few youth players into the first team.

One thing I would like to see though is us taking the domestic cups seriously and actually putting a serious effort into winning one.

West Ham look to be signing Alex Kral and of course Lingard.

There are rumours about a cheeky bid for Tammy Abraham too.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Blog Entries
    Leicester

Domestic treble and the UEFA cup

Two nice signings looking done for us in Soumare and Edouard

So angry with these f*cking racist peasants booing the knee taking.

Should ban anyone they catch doing this for life. They need to understand why people are taking the knee.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post

Should ban anyone they catch doing this for life. They need to understand why people are taking the knee.

More people react to it the more they will do it.

As a side issue how does fan attendance work out during the Euros with travel restrictions?

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    More people react to it the more they will do it.

As a side issue how does fan attendance work out during the Euros with travel restrictions?
    Local fans only I'd imagine.

Master
    Local fans only I'd imagine.

You’re jumping to conclusions there. My brother was at the Austria game with his youngest child and it was their misfortune to be in the section where most of the booing came from. According to him those booing definitely weren’t locals. A fair number of those objecting to the players taking a knee wore Chelsea, Leicester and Southampton tops.

You’re jumping to conclusions there. Actually my brother was at game with his youngest child and it was their misfortune to be in the section where most of the booing came from. According to him those booing definitely weren’t locals. A fair number of those objecting to the players taking a knee wore Chelsea, Leicester and Southampton tops.
    Sorry I meant as a response to the question what about travel to the games. So England fans wouldn't travel to Romania etc and vice versa

Master
    Sorry I meant as a response to the question what about travel to the games. So England fans wouldn't travel to Romania etc and vice versa

Sorry, Ryan that was me jumping the gun there.

Blog Entries

These are not racists, Ryan. Far from it. They would all happily cheer any anti-racist gesture other than one associated with BLM. That is what is being booed. Football in this country is actually a shining beacon in so many ways when it comes to inclusion. A premiership where an estimated 33 per cent of the playing staff are drawn from ethnic communities which, pro-rata is completely positively disproportionate to the make up of society speaks volumes. Millwall fans were the first to boo the taking of the knee. A group of supporters who for the previous few seasons had voted one of their black players as their player of the season. They are not racists. They feel very let down that pundits reporting on it don't realise precisely what it is they are booing. They feel let down that media companies don't take the time to understand exactly what is so wrong about BLM and to have not taken the time to understand what they truly represent before throwing their support so wholeheartedly behind it rather than promote the existing Kick it Out campaign and perhaps standing tall together during the period before kick off.

Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    These are not racists, Ryan. Far from it. They would all happily cheer any anti-racist gesture other than one associated with BLM. That is what is being booed. Football in this country is actually a shining beacon in so many ways when it comes to inclusion. A premiership where an estimated 33 per cent of the playing staff are drawn from ethnic communities which, pro-rata is completely positively disproportionate to the make up of society speaks volumes. Millwall fans were the first to boo the taking of the knee. A group of supporters who for the previous few seasons had voted one of their black players as their player of the season. They are not racists. They feel very let down that pundits reporting on it don't realise precisely what it is they are booing. They feel let down that media companies don't take the time to understand exactly what is so wrong about BLM and to have not taken the time to understand what they truly represent before throwing their support so wholeheartedly behind it rather than promote the existing Kick it Out campaign and perhaps standing tall together during the period before kick off.
    So why don’t they set up their own anti racism campaign then? Far more constructive than booing players who clearly feel that it does matter to them.

Arsenal view here.

Arteta will be sacked before 10 games. We will be linked with Conte, Mourinho, Pochittino, Sarri and Bielsa. Instead Sam Allardyce will be given the role in order to keep Arsenal up.

Not if we get him first

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Not if we get him first
    Is there a reason why Spurs fans put up with Daniel Levy? He seems content to watch Spurs take one step forward and two steps back season after season.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Is there a reason why Spurs fans put up with Daniel Levy? He seems content to watch Spurs take one step forward and two steps back season after season.
    We can’t exactly vote him out, but he’s nowhere near as popular as he used to be. Firing Poch and hiring Mourinho didn’t do him any favours but, to be fair, we have arguably the worlds best stadium and training facilities.

Master
    We can’t exactly vote him out, but he’s nowhere near as popular as he used to be. Firing Poch and hiring Mourinho didn’t do him any favours but, to be fair, we have arguably the worlds best stadium and training facilities.
    They didn’t make the best use of the Gareth Bale transfer fee and there’s every possibility the Harry Kane transfer fee will also be squandered. Is Poch really that good? Been a bit of a disappointment in his first season at PSG.

They didn’t make the best use of the Gareth Bale transfer fee and there’s every possibility the Harry Kane transfer fee will also be squandered. Is Poch really that good? Been a bit of a disappointment in his first season at PSG.
    No they didn’t. As for Poch, had Levy backed him in the transfer market we’d have a title to our name by now. The lack of support when we were on the cusp of something great was unforgivable.

Watford fan here. I don’t think we will do as well as we did last time we were promoted. We don’t have the squad and don’t have the funds. We need to keep hold of Sarr and we need a decent striker, something which we can’t afford whilst we have Deeney and the terrible Andre Gray on the books at £80k a week each. If we go into the season with the backbone of the promotion team with a couple of key improvements we may be able to make a fight of it, if we put our overrated talisman back in the team we’ll be relegated in record time.
    Our main hope has to be that there are a lot of teams that I can see struggling next season. Norwich and Brentford are certainly no better than us, I can’t see Burnley doing much, Wolves look to be on a serious decline, and i’ll also tip Palace for one of the relegation places.

Blog Entries
    First one out for us which was going to happen but Villa...........

Pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    First one out for us which was going to happen but Villa...........

Pitch
    And we'll have our boy Skipp back, thanks

Hopefully Arsenal can continue to screw Chelsea over. First we give them our terrible players Cole, Fabregas and Giroud and steal the incredible Willian and David Luiz off them. I hope this season we can offload dead wood Aubameyang and Saka to Stamford Bridge and achieve a real coup by getting Drinkwater, Arrizabalaga and Baba Rahman in return.

Hopefully Arsenal can continue to screw Chelsea over. First we give them our terrible players Cole, Fabregas and Giroud and steal the incredible Willian and David Luiz off them. I hope this season we can offload dead wood Aubameyang and Saka to Stamford Bridge and achieve a real coup by getting Drinkwater, Arrizabalaga and Baba Rahman in return.

Blog Entries
    Amen to that! LOL.

You must have the same source as me, Aubameyang to Chelsea a possibility if Haaland doesn't materialise.

Blog Entries
    And we'll have our boy Skipp back, thanks
    He was my player of the season pal.

The cover he provided for the CH’s was a massive part to our game last season and his vision and distribution was the best I have even seen from any player in a yellow shirt.

We need to keep him.

Pitch

As the father of an epileptic child that looks like all the world to me that Christian Eriksson is having a seizure

Doing CPR now holy shit pull through fella.

Sending love

He just fell to the ground, there was no one near him.

Great player, hope he's okay.

He just fell to the ground, there was no one near him.

Great player, hope he's okay.
    Medic friend is saying looks like a heart attack

Suddenly football is meaningless. I only hope Eriksen is all right. Clearly they were using a defibrillator, so he didn’t have a proper pulse. Horrible.

Master
    He looked dead before the first medics even got to him, shocking to watch !!