closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: eBay payment policy

  1. #1

    eBay payment policy

    Has it changed? Just sold couple of items and money isn't in PayPal and there is s note about bring released within 2 days into my bank account

    Seems odd?

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Master Christian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,423
    Yeah, they switched frim paypal to their own payment system I think.

  3. #3
    Theyve moved to managed payments.

  4. #4
    Grand Master mart broad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    11,523
    Blog Entries
    5
    Go to payments in my EBay and you can follow the money trail and decide where you want the payments made to.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

  5. #5
    Ok cheers , I haven't signed in on a laptop for years, just use the app on a phone , can't see any of that there

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Grand Master Dave+63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    13,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Ok cheers , I haven't signed in on a laptop for years, just use the app on a phone , can't see any of that there

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    I changed over last week and did it on the app. I think I got a message and linked through there though.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I changed over last week and did it on the app. I think I got a message and linked through there though.
    Cheers just found the payment options, it says funds available , I can't see it on my bank account, I assume it takes a day or two or do I have to do something to get it ?

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    They will send you payout notification, can be a few days before received in bank.

  9. #9
    Master Onelasttime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Everywhere, yet nowhere...
    Posts
    9,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Cheers just found the payment options, it says funds available , I can't see it on my bank account, I assume it takes a day or two or do I have to do something to get it ?

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    It will take a day or two. Mine was in my bank account the next day after buyer paid.

    Interestingly, buyers can still pay with PayPal but it must pay ebay rather than the seller, then ebay releases funds to the seller.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    It will take a day or two. Mine was in my bank account the next day after buyer paid.

    Interestingly, buyers can still pay with PayPal but it must pay ebay rather than the seller, then ebay releases funds to the seller.
    Hmmm ok fair enough, I've found the payment page and apparently next payment run tomorrow

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Master Sinnlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,370
    I sold something last week and received payment yesterday, It can take a few days,
    It was the first thing I had sold on eBay so was unsure if the weeks delay was standard
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 9th June 2021 at 13:50.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I sold something last week and received payment yesterday, I can take a few days,
    It was the first thing I had sold on eBay so was unsure if the weeks delay was standard
    It seems it is

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I sold something last week and received payment yesterday, It can take a few days,
    It was the first thing I had sold on eBay so was unsure if the weeks delay was standard
    Can select weekly or daily payments.

  14. #14
    Much simpler than PayPal and your money doesn't get put on hold

  15. #15
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Maidenhead-ish UK
    Posts
    1,356
    Quote Originally Posted by taz11 View Post
    Much simpler than PayPal and your money doesn't get put on hold
    Have you checked what happens if the buyer registers a claim & ebay sides with them? Do you think you have to give permission for ebay to withdraw the money from your bank account?

  16. #16
    Same process as paypal if buyer opens a claim..I am just merely stating its bit simpler process cutting out paypal

  17. #17
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Maidenhead-ish UK
    Posts
    1,356
    Quote Originally Posted by taz11 View Post
    Same process as paypal if buyer opens a claim..I am just merely stating its bit simpler process cutting out paypal
    Not everyone would be happy knowing ebay can withdraw money from your bank account.

  18. #18
    PayPal does the same were they take money out your account if someone opens a case

  19. #19
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Glos.
    Posts
    1,287
    Been happening for a few months now, basically ebay deal with payments rather than paypal, 12.8% plus 30p per transaction.
    I quite liked paypal as i could let it build up to a certain level and then transfer it over to bank, rather than it dribbling in a little at a time.

  20. #20
    Yes, I liked building up a PayPal slush find oh well

    It just feels odd sending the items before you've got the money

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  21. #21
    I like the new system, seems to work well.

  22. #22
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Ok cheers , I haven't signed in on a laptop for years, just use the app on a phone , can't see any of that there

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Check the payments option in the app. Confirm your bank account details there. Works quite well, funds go into your bank around 2-4 days after the sale.


    Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

  23. #23
    Grand Master oldoakknives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    18,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pointy View Post
    Have you checked what happens if the buyer registers a claim & ebay sides with them? Do you think you have to give permission for ebay to withdraw the money from your bank account?
    Yes I think that is the case. It’s how they take their fees as well if necessary.
    “The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.”

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz4169 View Post
    Check the payments option in the app. Confirm your bank account details there. Works quite well, funds go into your bank around 2-4 days after the sale.


    Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Yeah all sorted now cheers , got my head around it

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  25. #25
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Deepest darkest South Wales.
    Posts
    2,870
    Learnt a lesson this week. When I've previously had items sell on a Sunday, the payments are processed Monday and I've been paid on Tuesday. Has'nt failed yet. Happy enough with the two day delay.
    But this week I had items finish Thursday, and the payments page today says processing will be completed on the 14th, so I assume I will be paid on Tuesday, so no more Thursday end dates for me!
    PS: I have the payout schedule set daily and not weekly.
    Last edited by Ruggertech; 11th June 2021 at 22:49.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information