closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dunhill identification?

Dunhill identification?

I've acquired this Dunhill item, and was told it is a bookmark. But I dont think so, it is far too thick and one end opens with Dunhill lining and Dunhill Links embossed at the bottom. It is about 5.75" long and 1.75" wide. It would be about the right size to be a cigar holder, but the Dunhill ones online look different and this would likely crush a cigar anyway. A pen holder was another thought, but doesn't look like any I can find online. Too narrow to be a spectacle case. Definitely a genuine item, but very puzzled, any one have any ideas or information? Much appreciated if so.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

This is the closest I can find...link...but yours shorter then the one illustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    This is the closest I can find...link...but yours shorter then the one illustrated.
    That does look similar apart from the length of course. But thank you, I hadn't thought of a pipe cleaner holder, will investigate further.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    That does look similar apart from the length of course. But thank you, I hadn't thought of a pipe cleaner holder, will investigate further.

It might fit a pipe tamper...see link.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    It might fit a pipe tamper...see link.
    I've been looking at pipe cleaner holders since your last suggestion and the one you linked to seems to be the common version, can't find one like mine, and of course the length is wrong. So a tamper holder seems far more likely, thank you again.
    The only problem is the previous owner, a family member, was never a pipe smoker. He was a very keen golfer though and I wondered if it was to hold a tee, or marker of some sort? I know next to nothing about golf unfortunately apart from the sort of general things everyone knows.