closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Returned an item - lost Royal Mail receipt!

Returned an item - lost Royal Mail receipt!

I order some frames from Mister Spex - trial at home thing - I wasn't keen on any of them so sent them back in the pre-paid envelope via Royal Mail. Mister Spex are saying they haven't received anything, - and now I am kicking myself as I cannot find the royal mail receipt anywhere. Usually I am so careful with these things, maybe I took something out of my wallet and the RM receipt also fell out.

Anyway, I paid via Pay Pal, which, is linked to my Amex card.

Just wondering if anyone had any experience on where do I stand here, - is there any chance of PayPal or Amex covering with some sort of insurance, - or will I have to pay for all of the frames?

Journeyman
    It is incredibly rare that letters get lost by RM, delayed much more common. It only takes something to be missorted and it can add a week or more to the delivery, especially during covid times

- - - Updated - - -

It is incredibly rare that letters get lost by RM, delayed much more common. It only takes something to be missorted and it can add a week or more to the delivery, especially during covid times

Surely Mister Spex know the reference for their pre-paid envelope and can track it?

If you got a receipt I presume that you handed it over at a Post Office. That should be identifiable on the account paying for the postage even if the PO will not search their records for you as you as opposed to the account holder.

Master
    If it’s PayPal are you saying you purchased online postage to return the glasses or the original glasses purchase

Craftsman
    OP according to reviews on Trustpilot Your not the only one to have this happen although largely speaking most reviews are good about them on there.

To be honest, Royal Mail make it very difficult even if you have the proof of postage. I had an item lost, hod the proof of postage, tracking showed as not delivered. I filled in all the details online via Royal Mail website, including the details of the item that was lost (ebay sale) the auction sale price, PayPal transaction etc.. they refunded the postage, nothing else. Lost item was never found and I took the hit on both side, refunded the buyer and lost the item.

Good luck, but as mentioned above there must be a paper trail from the original supplier, also the PO you posted at will have a record on there system if you can remember the date when returned and post code of where it was returned to . My PO are very helpful to be fair, I’d start at the PO.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Anygreg View Post
    To be honest, Royal Mail make it very difficult even if you have the proof of postage. I had an item lost, hod the proof of postage, tracking showed as not delivered. I filled in all the details online via Royal Mail website, including the details of the item that was lost (ebay sale) the auction sale price, PayPal transaction etc.. they refunded the postage, nothing else. Lost item was never found and I took the hit on both side, refunded the buyer and lost the item.
    What was their reason for not compensating for the value of the lost item?

Quote Originally Posted by Estoril-5 View Post
    RM only compensate trade value of things (or did when I was an account manger years ago for them)

So customers who have losses have to provide a receipt of the trade price to claim loss
    Occasionally the CS team will make a decision on a price
    So if you sold a chess set for £30 you are g going to get £30 if it walks

I don’t use them for anything above a fiver

You’re far better off with Hermes - the item is tracked - though if lost you are really up against it for getting anything back - but my losses have been nil for the past 6-9 months

If using RM pay up the extra quid and ask for recorded delivery to be added to the previous paid envelope

There is NO way of proving a normal letter has been received - that’s why people rip sellers off on eBay on things like second hand games or anything that fits through a letter box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Returned an item - lost Royal Mail receipt!

Quote Originally Posted by Estoril-5 View Post
    I’ll have to find the letter to confirm, it something along the lines of insufficient information. But they had everything I had, think they were asking for the original receipt for the used item I sold on eBay, which I simply didn’t have as I was selling a used item? (Item was a record) They did send me a small book of stamps totalling £4.35 to refund the postage costs.
    I gave up as they have no contact number, everything is done through contact forms, you’re lucky to even get a reply. Better off sending through DPD which I now do for most things and have had a successful claim.

I remember sending something over to NI with a value of £2k, which went astray for a week, in that time I went into the post office asking the question regarding compensation if lost. Item was covered for the value, but this is a product I manufacture, other than material costs etc, it would of been pretty much impossible to prove it’s retail value, long story shortish, they would of only refunded the material costs to replace and that would of proved tricky.

End of the day, it’s a risk, shouldn’t be, but the reality is they can refuse refund, leaving you to either move on or take them to court. Very Frustrating company, plus they use the default COVID excuse at every opportunity they get.
    Last edited by Anygreg; 31st August 2021 at 08:10.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    RM only compensate trade value of things (or did when I was an account manger years ago for them)

So customers who have losses have to provide a receipt of the trade price to claim loss
    Occasionally the CS team will make a decision on a price
    So if you sold a chess set for £30 you are g going to get £30 if it walks

I don’t use them for anything above a fiver

You’re far better off with Hermes - the item is tracked - though if lost you are really up against it for getting anything back - but my losses have been nil for the past 6-9 months

If using RM pay up the extra quid and ask for recorded delivery to be added to the previous paid envelope

There is NO way of proving a normal letter has been received - that’s why people rip sellers off on eBay on things like second hand games or anything that fits through a letter box.

Are you quoting RMSD??

Does the order/invoice/paperwork that usually is sent with the original received order, state the returns tracking number.

When ordering and returning to Amazon, the returns paper is emailed and available on Amazon account. It may be worth checking your order/account.

Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post
    Are you quoting RMSD??
    I’m quoting normal post and/or second hand goods