closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Is the Mullet making a comeback?

Hybrid View

Master

Is the Mullet making a comeback?

I am fortunate in having a good head of hair that is even more full than your average teenager.

When we were trapped over in Spain last year, we suffered a much tougher lock down than of that in the UK and I had to let my hair grow. Mrs Mick managed to give me a trim every month but she played safe by leaving it longer than normal.

She suffered a stroke in December which meant she couldn't do the haircut so I once again let it grow until the glorious day of May 17th when I went for my first haircut in over a year. That haircut was by appointment only under strict conditions, not a particularly pleasant experience.

When I went in for the haircut, my hair was almost identical to Tony Blairs just before his haircut. It wasn't quite a mullet but I did look like William Hartnell who played the first Doctor Who. I did come out well shorn.

Since then I have noticed more men (of all ages) leaving their hair long and I am beginning to wonder if the fashion of crew cuts and similar styles are now over.

I am even tempted to let mine grow again.

Anyone here letting theirs grow?

I noticed the NZ cricketer Colin de Grandhomme sporting an outrageous mullet the other day in the test match.

I hope that style doesn't return.

Cheers,
    Neil.

I do hope not! A style only suitable for white supremacists in Hicksville American towns coupled with wife beater vests.

I think you'll find that crew cuts etc are not so much a style choice as a necessity for some of us. The Mullet returning is bad enough, but nobody wants to see the return of the Bobby Charlton

Master
    Mullet Mick has a ring about it

I have a thick head of hair - I've kept it longer compared to pre-Covid, but no way would I sport a mullet.

Since the first lockdown, I am now sporting a self-inflicted 'buzz cut'.

Grade 4 all over and a No 3 on the back and sides.
    Despite having 15 months to practice my double-mirror technique for cutting around my ears/neck, I still end up looking like a cross between a US Marine and Forrest Gump. Rather that than a mullet though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    I am fortunate in having a good head of hair that is even more full than your average teenager.

When we were trapped over in Spain last year, we suffered a much tougher lock down than of that in the UK and I had to let my hair grow. Mrs Mick managed to give me a trim every month but she played safe by leaving it longer than normal.

She suffered a stroke in December which meant she couldn't do the haircut so I once again let it grow until the glorious day of May 17th when I went for my first haircut in over a year. That haircut was by appointment only under strict conditions, not a particularly pleasant experience.

When I went in for the haircut, my hair was almost identical to Tony Blairs just before his haircut. It wasn't quite a mullet but I did look like William Hartnell who played the first Doctor Who. I did come out well shorn.

Since then I have noticed more men (of all ages) leaving their hair long and I am beginning to wonder if the fashion of crew cuts and similar styles are now over.

I am even tempted to let mine grow again.

Anyone here letting theirs grow?
    Frank Doberman springs to mind!
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master

No Mullet there.

Master
    Point taken, I will no longer raise any more topics because I don't want to upset you so much as you feel that is necessary.

Oh Gawd, it seems like it may be a thing again!

Flashbacks to Chris Waddle - mullet king!

Or as Americans say - business in the front, party in the back.

Cheers,
    Neil.

This is about a wig but applies equally to a mullet I believe (NSFW):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAHIEY4ea8c

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    This is about a wig but applies equally to a mullet I believe (NSFW):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAHIEY4ea8c
    ^^^
    Very funny and so true to our sense of humour.

Master
    Many rugby teams seem to have a least one player sporting a mullet, never sure if it’s through choice or they drew the short straw.

Master
    Business up front and party at the back!