closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: All's well that ends well . . .

All's well that ends well . . .

Just arrived from our host. There's also an 18mm grey Nato from Eddie on it's way for this, and also down the line there'll be a Haveston canvas or two, but curved springbars will be needed for those. Anyway, for now . . .

F.T.F.A.

Looks perfect. Enjoy.

That's the best photo I've seen of this watch

Enjoy!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    That's the best photo I've seen of this watch

Enjoy!
    I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Crisp!
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

Super shot! Dare I ask your thought process in buying this one?

How are you finding the size, not too small?

Handsome.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

I have gone made and bought one myself - incoming. The reduced size is what piqued my interest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Journeyman
    That is a nice looking watch, but the strap lets it down somewhat.

Thanks for the kind words, especially re the pic, but to be honest get the light right (taken next to a window, white blinds drawn to diffuse light) and it's hard to take a bad shot with an iPhone 12ProMax!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Super shot! Dare I ask your thought process in buying this one?

How are you finding the size, not too small?
    Well Junaid, I've liked this style ever since the first time I saw a shot of the original 6105. It's been on my radar for longer than any other watch, and that's saying something. It was always the size that put me off, ironic given that regular wearers in my rotation are a Dreadnought Voyager and Archimede Deck Watch, but going up to 44mm from 42 is a big jump with a wrist a smidge under 7". The original PRS68 piqued my interest of course but still too large, and then along came the smaller version. The dimensions, and the spec for the money, proved irresistible, the problem now was what would have to go? I have quite enough watches for my rotation and more than enough money tied up in them, cameras, hi fi, bicycles and R.M.Williams boots need their share of the loot too! Therefore last week after deliberating since the smaller PRS68 was released I decided that the 40mm Everest might have to go, I also have the 36mm version and rarely wear it now. So one of a pair of similar watches out and a completely different style in, different enough to the Voyager and my CWC RN quartz to sit alongside them. You may have noted my slight disappointment after the recent SC/eBay shannanigans re a used version, so I placed an order for a new one ASAP. It's everything I expected, but as it's my 5th watch from Eddie I know what to expect. The size is perfect for me, the lug to lug dimension and cushion case make it very comfy. I did worry in case it might be a little slab sided but it really doesn't wear like that at all. A Youtube review by "Escapement and Watch" suggested that the bezel is hard to grip and turn - absolute boll***s, it's no problem at all. He also thought the watch too small for his 6.5" wrist - must have strange shaped wrists. I may yet keep this on standard Natos, the width/thickness ratio of Haveston canvas may not be quite right in 18mm. So there you go, 9 hours in and very happy!
    F.T.F.A.

Cracking!

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, especially re the pic, but to be honest get the light right (taken next to a window, white blinds drawn to diffuse light) and it's hard to take a bad shot with an iPhone 12ProMax!

Well Junaid, I've liked this style ever since the first time I saw a shot of the original 6105. It's been on my radar for longer than any other watch, and that's saying something. It was always the size that put me off, ironic given that regular wearers in my rotation are a Dreadnought Voyager and Archimede Deck Watch, but going up to 44mm from 42 is a big jump with a wrist a smidge under 7". The original PRS68 piqued my interest of course but still too large, and then along came the smaller version. The dimensions, and the spec for the money, proved irresistible, the problem now was what would have to go? I have quite enough watches for my rotation and more than enough money tied up in them, cameras, hi fi, bicycles and R.M.Williams boots need their share of the loot too! Therefore last week after deliberating since the smaller PRS68 was released I decided that the 40mm Everest might have to go, I also have the 36mm version and rarely wear it now. So one of a pair of similar watches out and a completely different style in, different enough to the Voyager and my CWC RN quartz to sit alongside them. You may have noted my slight disappointment after the recent SC/eBay shannanigans re a used version, so I placed an order for a new one ASAP. It's everything I expected, but as it's my 5th watch from Eddie I know what to expect. The size is perfect for me, the lug to lug dimension and cushion case make it very comfy. I did worry in case it might be a little slab sided but it really doesn't wear like that at all. A Youtube review by "Escapement and Watch" suggested that the bezel is hard to grip and turn - absolute boll***s, it's no problem at all. He also thought the watch too small for his 6.5" wrist - must have strange shaped wrists. I may yet keep this on standard Natos, the width/thickness ratio of Haveston canvas may not be quite right in 18mm. So there you go, 9 hours in and very happy!
    Two Everests are indeed overkill in your collection. I get the appeal, I've also considered one as I'm a fan too - I have a Seiko 6309 in great nick and also a modern Turtle, love them both. I find the size pretty good (6.75 wrist here), the cushion case certainly helps in absorbing the size. I find cushion cases to be a most comfortable shape too! Both my Seikos live on a Haveston canvas - carries the canvas well. It should work in 18mm, though I do understand your concern.

That does look great - but I too would hesitate over the small size. I will admit to having large wrists, but having owned a couple of modern Seiko Turtles I thought they actually wore very small for their measurements. This kind of pebble shaped case often seems to - so I’m genuinely surprised there’s demand for a smaller version. Forgive my ignorance if the Turtle case is very different, my knowledge of Seiko is pretty limited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    That does look great - but I too would hesitate over the small size. I will admit to having large wrists, but having owned a couple of modern Seiko Turtles I thought they actually wore very small for their measurements. This kind of pebble shaped case often seems to - so I’m genuinely surprised there’s demand for a smaller version. Forgive my ignorance if the Turtle case is very different, my knowledge of Seiko is pretty limited

I think this case style seems to wear small because the dial area is small in relation to the case size. A quick measurement of this on my PRS68 above shows that whilst the case diameter 3-9 is 40.5mm, the dial is only @ 28mm. The comparatively short lug-lug dimensions probably play a part too.
    F.T.F.A.