closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wanted: uncrowded UK holiday destination

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    south wales has some nice uncrowded beaches and areas if you know where to look , my sister lives near bridgend and ive been to ogmore by sea and southerndown many times and seen very few people for such a large beach (ogmore by sea) - its between cardiff and swansea so a short drive to a major city for a resturant or a change of pace or if you fancy some time away from the beach then brecon has some great walks.
    Ssshhh....don't let the Southerndown secret out ;)
    We've just come back from Saundersfoot in Pembrokeshire, and the main beach and Coppett Hall beach are both very crowded, as is the village itself, but a short walk to one of the beaches either side and it's almost a different world.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

North Wales, the poor rural parts, nobody there except a few sheep and the odd tractor going backwards around a blind bend cutting hudges and almost kills oncomming traffic but they dont care because they are oblivious to saftey

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    You could buy a nice Motorhome and go wherever you want
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Sulk View Post
    A group of acquaintances have motorhomes and 'do' weekends away together on a regular basis. They tell me that sites are pretty booked up, if not already fully booked. So you can go wherever you want, just not when you want.
    Most sites will probably be booked up as you say. But if you are independent for water and power Wild Camping is a possibility as long as you follow local rules and regs.

AFAIK motorhome wild camping in England and Wales isn't allowed (apart from a few designated wild camping sites), but it is a civil offence - unless you have the landowners permission.

Around where I live some farmers will give permission but many others have had bad experiences and so no longer will. Up on Dartmoor National Park wild camping is allowed within 15 yards of a public road- but it's strictly tents only and on foot, i.e. not cars/caravans/motorhomes etc.

Some of the local councils here in South Devon have nominated a few public car parks for motorhomes to stay in overnight this year in response to the 'staycation' demand though.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    There is a hell of a lot more wild camping goes on than one might imagine. We've done plenty and will do plenty more.
    https://coolcamping.com/news/220-how...t-away-with-it

Craftsman
    I live 10 mins walk from a wonderful beach. It is a 'no camping' area as it is designated an area of SSI and is supposedly protected. In years past when walking the dog in the morning you would spot the odd tent that had sneaked up. It has gone crazy the last year or so and it made the papers at the weekend. The local ranger counted 162 tents pitched in the sand and dunes on Saturday night. Sadly very few are true wild campers. The mess left is so depressing...