closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watchbox now pushing Moser

Craftsman

Watchbox now pushing Moser

I have always been an avid watcher of many of the watch box videos, particularly those fronted by Tim Mosso who is extremely knowledgeable and personable. One thing I have noted is the aggressive pushing of particular small independent brands where Watchbox seemingly controls alot of stock and essentially acts as the market maker. For the past couple of years it has been FP Journe and Laurent Ferrier and now it is H Moser.

These are great brands so people won’t be buying a bad watch, but they would be buying at increasingly inflated prices. Pretty clever tactic by Watchbox, leveraging their scale to their interests.

Who will be next..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I think there's been elements of pump and dump among the YouTuber community for certain brands. Moser is definetely one of them and Journe like you say.

One day the interest rates will go back up and these guys will move on to something else.

I think they are pretty transparent about their passion for certain brands, and their pushing of these. Mike is always mentioning their support of FP Journe in his videos. I think their interests are clearly communicated to their audience.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Master
    My guess is that Watchbox struggle to escape from the firm grip of Rolex. Everyone can estimate the market prices, Watchbox are just caught in the commercial stream, but get going with obscure brands and all things become possible....more profitable for the company.

Craftsman
    After what the market did with Journe, they are just going for the next in line.

If anyone is on clubhouse, you can see how open people are about things like this.

I’m a watcher too - especially because Tim’s wrist is the same size as mine. But I only go there for specific watches so I’ve not noticed any trends.

The manipulation that Watchbox had on FPJ prices was astounding. Buying up all available examples, hyping the brand and then being able to set any prices they wanted. It didn’t just boost prices and demand for pre-owned watches but also boosted demand for new watches so that now most models are on a waiting list.
    Moser, much like FPJ, are a small maker that dump on the trinity from the greatest of heights so I can see the incentive for Watchbox trying the same tactics again. I’m just pleased that I picked up my unworn Endeavour at 50% of rrp!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    The manipulation that Watchbox had on FPJ prices was astounding. Buying up all available examples, hyping the brand and then being able to set any prices they wanted. It didn’t just boost prices and demand for pre-owned watches but also boosted demand for new watches so that now most models are on a waiting list.
    Moser, much like FPJ, are a small maker that dump on the trinity from the greatest of heights so I can see the incentive for Watchbox trying the same tactics again. I’m just pleased that I picked up my unworn Endeavour at 50% of rrp!
    That is an epic deal!

Craftsman
    seems to be the way with quite a few resellers, watch finder in the UK seem to do something similar, Hodinkee have blatant preferences etc. Bit of a shame but I guess its just capitalism at work

Apprentice
    If only they had the decency to let me buy one before they price me out

Quote Originally Posted by Aimforthebushes View Post
    seems to be the way with quite a few resellers, watch finder in the UK seem to do something similar, Hodinkee have blatant preferences etc. Bit of a shame but I guess its just capitalism at work
    Watchfinder being owned by Rochemont makes it easier to understand why they plug certain brands over and over - Piaget being a good recent example.