closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 74 of 74

Thread: White Gold Thread

  1. #51
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    1,597
    Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    I think it sold for about £10k, what's it worth now!?
    I really wished I was in a position to buy it then, one of my few watch regrets that was.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    So much more "special" than the stainless and I'm guessing now for not much more money used?

  2. #52
    Here’s my two. The fact they are white gold didn’t even enter the decision making process, it was more due to the dials. In terms of gold I prefer rose gold which feels more special to me.




  3. #53
    Master JC180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,500
    My contribution... Love this watch.


  4. #54
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Co.Down Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,489
    Quote Originally Posted by hhhh View Post

    Now got this one in white gold…

    That is absolutely gorgeous!

    I have just the one which I'm struggling to get pictures posted, but it is the same 116509 as Vanguard posted earlier in the thread.

    I traded the WG 42MM Yachtmaster that i had for it. Really liked the Yachtmaster but could never get a proper fit with the oysterflex and thats when i decided i wanted the Daytona with bracelet. Haven't worn it since last September, must go and dig it out.

  5. #55
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sussex, UK
    Posts
    4,991
    The 116509 Daytona and YM42 have both been in my collection. The contrast between the Oysterflex and gold bracelet is serious , and expensive. Overall, I am slowly coming round to the Oysterflex. It can be very comfortable…to my wrists anyway….but it is also very tough and damage proof. The gold bracelet marks from day one and can’t be avoided. So the Oysterflex stays fresher, newer , longer.
    And is far easier to keep clean.
    Close competition. Difficult choice.
    Last edited by paskinner; 8th June 2021 at 21:18.

  6. #56
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    32,175
    Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    Ah not a Zenith, see my memory isn't that good after all!
    Sorry, but I'm back to torment you. I posted a photo of the wrong watch... best look away now.




  7. #57
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Norfolk UK
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Sorry, but I'm back to torment you. I posted a photo of the wrong watch... best look away now.



    I'm sort of glad as that means I still have my memory!
    That was a beauty.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  8. #58
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,188
    I have this one in white gold, I like the weight and the look white gold gives.


  9. #59
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    1,078
    This Chopard LUC is my only WG number:



    It is though a really underrated watch with the absolutely lovely cal 96.12 L micro-rotor driven movement.

  10. #60

    Cool

    My own, favourite WG piece


  11. #61
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    jersey
    Posts
    611
    I only have the one




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #62
    Master daveyw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    My own, favourite WG piece

    That’s lovely. Nothing to do with the white gold case but Any problems with legibility with the green dial that some have raised?

    My contribution to the thread-



    I like the stealth of white gold

  13. #63
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sussex, UK
    Posts
    4,991
    The ‘deconstructed’ markers on a DD are popular, but one price you pay is the feel of a more ‘crowded’ dial. More crucially, the traditional ‘stick’ markers include lume so can be visible in the dark. I always prefer the sparser, stick, markers to the messier appearance of the deconstructed Roman numerals. All personal choice.
    I suppose, if you’ve never been into all this, it’s hard to work-out the best options.
    I rejected the green dial, because it can be hard to read in poor visibility. All part of the maze of options you face in configuring a new
    DD. So much choice. Can drive you nuts….
    Last edited by paskinner; 10th June 2021 at 16:10.

  14. #64

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    The ‘deconstructed’ markers on a DD are popular, but one price you pay is the feel of a more ‘crowded’ dial. More crucially, the traditional ‘stick’ markers include lume so can be visible in the dark. I always prefer the sparser, stick, markers to the messier appearance of the deconstructed Roman numerals. All personal choice.
    I suppose, if you’ve never been into all this, it’s hard to work-out the best options.
    I rejected the green dial, because it can be hard to read in poor visibility. All part of the maze of options you face in configuring a new
    DD. So much choice. Can drive you nuts….

    You don’t half post some drivel….

    The Green Anniversary dial is perfectly legible and the Roman numerals look far better/classier on the DD than boring batons.

  15. #65

    Quote Originally Posted by daveyw View Post
    That’s lovely. Nothing to do with the white gold case but Any problems with legibility with the green dial that some have raised?

    My contribution to the thread-



    I like the stealth of white gold
    Lovely Patek Davey.

    No issue at all with that Olive dial….I was all set to buy the Everose with the same dial but, for me, the White Gold with it was more harmonious in the flesh.

    Cannot beat the heft of a precious metal piece too.

  16. #66
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sussex, UK
    Posts
    4,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    You don’t half post some drivel….

    The Green Anniversary dial is perfectly legible and the Roman numerals look far better/classier on the DD than boring batons.
    I based what I said ( it’s an opinion) on having actually owned and extensively worn these watches…..often in quite wide circumstances. Over a period of about five years. Indeed, i think I was one of the first users to actually own an olive-green version, the ‘anniversary’ watch.I made a number of comments in TZ over that period about the problems of reading the dial. Yes, it’s a personal opinion, but one based on solid use . As for issues,of taste, they’re exactly that, personal reactions, which any owner will have and can reasonably express. Good or bad.
    Having an opinion based on experience is hardly ‘drivel’. For instance, the difference in the lume on the ‘stick’ markers as opposed to the Roman figures which have no lume, and cannot be read in low light, actually matters. At least to some owners, I know that because I’ve had to read these dials in poor conditions.saying that it’s ‘perfectly legible’ without any lume suggests you can see in the dark.
    Calling opinions based on hard experience ‘drivel’ is just rude. By all means have whatever views you choose, but how about relating them to the real world…
    Incidentally, that’s not to say the green dial isn’t popular, but it’s worth knowing the issues when making choices, especially as buyers can’t always try the watch before spending a fortune…..I would have thought offering views based on solid use are useful and don’t need to be met by insults .
    By all means ignore them, but don’t be rude. It’s unnecessary.
    Last edited by paskinner; 11th June 2021 at 07:35.

  17. #67
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sussex, UK
    Posts
    4,991
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    I based what I said ( it’s an opinion) on having actually owned and extensively worn these watches…..often in quite wide circumstances. Over a period of about five years. Indeed, i think I was one of the first users to actually own an olive-green version, the ‘anniversary’ watch.I made a number of comments in TZ over that period about the problems of reading the dial. Yes, it’s a personal opinion, but one based on solid use . As for issues,of taste, they’re exactly that, personal reactions, which any owner will have and can reasonably express. Good or bad.
    Having an opinion based on experience is hardly ‘drivel’. For instance, the difference in the lume on the ‘stick’ markers as opposed to the Roman figures which have no lume, and cannot be read in low light, actually matters. At least to some owners, I know that because I’ve had to read these dials in poor conditions.saying that it’s ‘perfectly legible’ without any lume suggests you can see in the dark.
    Calling opinions based on hard experience ‘drivel’ is just rude. By all means have whatever views you choose, but how about relating them to the real world…
    Incidentally, that’s not to say the green dial isn’t popular, but it’s worth knowing the issues when making choices, especially as buyers can’t always try the watch before spending a fortune…..I would have thought offering views based on solid use are useful and don’t need to be met by insults .
    By all means ignore them, but don’t be rude. It’s unnecessary.
    Anyway, here’s my old green anniversary, from years ago, brought back fond memories. So may photos...
    And, tempting fate, things to come? Maybe towards the end of the year. My all time favourite.
    White gold . Blue dial. Yum yum. I’m doing my best.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  18. #68
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Woodbridge England
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    That Sub is the dog's.

    I can't remember for sure, but I think this is the only white gold watch I've owned.





    :envy:

  19. #69
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Woodbridge England
    Posts
    574
    MG Benu Index



  20. #70
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    32,175
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by Yokel View Post
    MG Benu Index


    Gorgeous!

  21. #71
    Master pacifichrono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,258
    White Gold Thread


    Why?.............................................. ..Why?

  22. #72
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    White Gold Thread


    Why?.............................................. ..Why?
    If you have to ask.....

  23. #73
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    7,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    If you have to ask.....

  24. #74
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    St Albans
    Posts
    273
    When I go for gold, I usually for the warm
    Tones of yellow or rose gold. For white metal I tend to stick to SS or titanium.

    I do have one WG piece, the Girard Perregaux Foudroyante Rattrapante.



    BW,
    Chi Kai


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information