closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cash converters (watch content)

Craftsman

Cash converters (watch content)

Surprised to see this in the window of my local store.

Wonder what derisory figure they gave the "owner".

Love the upside down Seamaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Love the upside down Seamaster.
    Perfect for a trip to India.

Master
    I've just watched a video of a guy who bought an omega from cash converters which had been through their "authentication centre" and turned out to be a complete fake. When challenged for a refund they dug their heels in, then relented, and have since resold the watch.
    That tells me about what I need to know.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    I've just watched a video of a guy who bought an omega from cash converters which had been through their "authentication centre" and turned out to be a complete fake. When challenged for a refund they dug their heels in, then relented, and have since resold the watch.
    That tells me about what I need to know.
    Some of them are franchises and the quality of stores has always been variable.

I know some of the top chaps. Would you share a link to that video, please ?

Do you know at which store this incident took place ?

Thx H

Has anyone got any experience selling to them?

I have a Rado Integral I have been meaning to sell but have no box or papers and would be keen to sell to them if less faff and they have an authentication centre which would mean I get a reasonable amount for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryb View Post
    Has anyone got any experience selling to them?

I have a Rado Integral I have been meaning to sell but have no box or papers and would be keen to sell to them if less faff and they have an authentication centre which would mean I get a reasonable amount for it.
    Sell any watch to any dealer and you are going to get substantially less than you see them in the shop window.

Add to this the facts that Rado are a fairly niche watch in the scheme of things and you have no box or papers and you’re going to get offered the bare minimum they can get away with, assuming you get an offer st all.

I bought a complete watch when I needed a spare link for my wife’s Rado as it was cheaper tgan buying a new link.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Sell any watch to any dealer and you are going to get substantially less than you see them in the shop window.

Add to this the facts that Rado are a fairly niche watch in the scheme of things and you have no box or papers and you’re going to get offered the bare minimum they can get away with, assuming you get an offer st all.

I bought a complete watch when I needed a spare link for my wife’s Rado as it was cheaper tgan buying a new link.

yeah, it’s not a great situation, unfortunately. It needs a new battery anyway which is just near by so I might see what they offer me. My expectations are extremely low at this point so I might be pleasantly surprised. Will update with what they offer!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryb View Post
    yeah, it’s not a great situation, unfortunately. It needs a new battery anyway which is just near by so I might see what they offer me. My expectations are extremely low at this point so I might be pleasantly surprised. Will update with what they offer!
    I think you're more likely to be unpleasantly not surprised.

If it only pushes me to stop faffing and put out on eBay it’ll have been a worthwhile endeavour!

Master
    I sold my Rado as a full package to my local CC. It was sent off to be authenticated as they are faked apparently. Anyway they bought it. It was not a fake by the way

I would expect they get offered a lot of fakes, and it's getting harder to spot the best ones - caveat emptor !

I'd rather buy from a dealer with a more professional reputation.