closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Random Rob on PRS-25

Random Rob on PRS-25

Not the most favourable 'public service announcement' ever.

Master
    50% waffling and 40% moaning about the clasp, and 5% saying its too small for him.

As you say not the most complimentary video. I like my PRS 25, I chose to wear it on either a mid brown or light tan suede strap. I find befits the vintage vibe and compliments the creme face. I bet 90% of Eddies customer swap out straps as a matter of personal customisation.

Steve

Master
    I actually think it’s a fair review of the bracelet and clasp. I had the same issues he described as have others others based on other posts. You can adjust the hook on the clasp and down the rivets to get the full set of micro adjusts. Neither is an ideal solution.

It is still a great watch but it deserves a better bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    50% waffling and 40% moaning about the clasp, and 5% saying its too small for him.

As you say not the most complimentary video. I like my PRS 25, I chose to wear it on either a mid brown or light tan suede strap. I find befits the vintage vibe and compliments the creme face. I bet 90% of Eddies customer swap out straps as a matter of personal customisation.

Steve
    My Voyager, 1st release 40mm Everest and 1st release 36mm Everest have never been on their original bracelets. I gave the bracelet from the 36mm Everest away in return for a donation to Eddie's fundraiser and replaced it with the faux rivetted version when they became available.
    F.T.F.A.

Like you I've had Rolex watches that required me take smooth pliers to the clasp, two minutes job done, with hindsight I can't think why I didn't complain, unless it's because I'm a grown-up.
    Last edited by number2; 5th June 2021 at 10:24.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Like you I've had Rolex watches that required me take smooth pliers to the clasp, two minutes job done, with hindsight I can't think why I didn't complain, unless it's because I'm a grown-up.
    Same here. I can adjust the opening/closing tension (with any rusty pair of pliers) in seconds. People shouldn't pretend that they know when they don't.

The back end of the clasp where the studs will not fit inside the clasp does need a re-think.
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    Same here. I can adjust the opening/closing tension (with any rusty pair of pliers) in seconds. People shouldn't pretend that they know when they don't.

The back end of the clasp where the studs will not fit inside the clasp does need a re-think.
    The next batch will have a different clasp.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Clasp

Great news! Eddie is there any chance you could please have your vendor make some extra clasps that we could purchase separately?

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

Eddie

Seems like all these video from wrongtimewatch and the one from random Rob have now been removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^
    So has Eddie's comment from earlier in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    ^^^
    So has Eddie's comment from earlier in this thread.
    Indeed it has.

I must be in a minority but one of the main things I love about my PRS25 is the sliding adjuster on the clasp. I can easily adjust it while without taking it off my wrist. Perfect for me. I wish all clasps had this function.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaffe View Post
    I must be in a minority but one of the main things I love about my PRS25 is the sliding adjuster on the clasp. I can easily adjust it while without taking it off my wrist. Perfect for me. I wish all clasps had this function.
    You have the 1st generation. The clasp they are complaining about is from the 2nd generation onwards and it is a much simpler affair than yours.
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    You have the 1st generation. The clasp they are complaining about is from the 2nd generation onwards and it is a much simpler affair than yours.
    Ah. Thank you. I'll shut up then. :)

Apprentice
    No real issues with the clasp on my PRS-25, but I do see the potential problem and have seen some posts mention this issue. I ended up putting my PRS-25 on a cheap chinese jubilee which I personally like a lot more.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by madsdrastrup View Post
    No real issues with the clasp on my PRS-25, but I do see the potential problem and have seen some posts mention this issue. I ended up putting my PRS-25 on a cheap chinese jubilee which I personally like a lot more.
    Hi have you got a link for the jubilee?

Apprentice

Eddie
    I understand this change (pressure with negative feedback?) but I really believe it takes away the vintage charm of the Everest.

I personally have never had an issue. If I flex my wrist enough I can pop open the clasp if tried.

BUT

The watch stays on my wrist rather than popping a springbar that would mean the watch crashing on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Timesearch View Post
    I understand this change (pressure with negative feedback?) but I really believe it takes away the vintage charm of the Everest.

I personally have never had an issue. If I flex my wrist enough I can pop open the clasp if tried.

BUT

The watch stays on my wrist rather than popping a springbar that would mean the watch crashing on the ground.
    Yes I have to admit, the current clasp does have a lovely vintage charm. I didn’t have any issue with it popping off for me, and I tend to wear bracelets fairly tight.

Eddie
    Will the bracelet with the new clasp be available to purchase separately when available?

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

^^^^ This would be very welcome

Quote Originally Posted by will128small View Post
    Will the bracelet with the new clasp be available to purchase separately when available?

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk
    I’d also be up for buying the clasp separate