closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hamilton W10

Master

Hamilton W10

I interesested in getting one if these but a little wary. What should I look for if I want a watch as a regular wearer. I believe the movement is based on an ETA so I assume it is pretty straightforward to get it serviced.

Yes it’s an ETA. Parts are available quite easily
    Be warned there are fakes out there, thankfully they are easy to spot. They have wrong hands and the year of issue on the back is totally wrong. (A year earlier than when they were introduced)
    A little bit of research beforehand is advised but it’s easy to spot a wrong’n
    The Geneve dial 6bbs go for a bit more as they are a bit rarer.
    They are a nice watch but identical bar the logo to the cheaper CWC. Food for though maybe?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Yes it’s an ETA. Parts are available quite easily
    Be warned there are fakes out there, thankfully they are easy to spot. They have wrong hands and the year of issue on the back is totally wrong. (A year earlier than when they were introduced)
    A little bit of research beforehand is advised but it’s easy to spot a wrong’n
    The Geneve dial 6bbs go for a bit more as they are a bit rarer.
    They are a nice watch but identical bar the logo to the cheaper CWC. Food for though maybe?
    Thanks, very informative as always. CWC is an option. I actually had their T20 ‘lost boy, but sold it on a whim. I think I appreciated the case style more after I sold it I like the idea of a Hamilton because I’ve never owned one and I could get one from 1973. But neither are entirely compelling reasons. The other thing I’m mulling over is the reissue. I’d get a modern reliable watch (albeit with mineral glass) and the same looks but obviously none of the history.

Put a WTB add at the MWR forum PX a lot of members there are from England so you can get it locally never had a bad deal there yet from the few watches I bought there. They also have a section for feed back on sellers and buyers. Some times cheaper than fleabay.

Master
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give that a try. I do have an account fo rMWR but don't seem to be able to access any of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give that a try. I do have an account fo rMWR but don't seem to be able to access any of the forums.
    Are you logged on, you need to be to see anything.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Are you logged on, you need to be to see anything.
    I am logged in but get a permissions error. I’ve mailed the administrator.

Ignore that. Changed device and I’m now in.

Master
    And sorted thanks to MWR. I’ll hopefully have the watch next week, post service. Now to find the right strap. I’m thinking a grey Phoenix and a perlon. I’m not the biggest fan of NATOs but am going to give it a try.

And sorted thanks to MWR. I’ll hopefully have the watch next week, post service. Now to find the right strap. I’m thinking a grey Phoenix and a perlon. I’m not the biggest fan of NATOs but am going to give it a try.

That’s good news.
    Have a look at Robs AF0201 straps

https://af0210strap.com/

They are very good quality and very comfortable

Master
    That’s good news.
    Have a look at Robs AF0201 straps

https://af0210strap.com/

They are very good quality and very comfortable
    Thanks. I’ll have a look. I also like the colour of this strap - not the watch I bought BTW - but in a size that fits the lugs. 😂

Thanks. I’ll have a look. I also like the colour of this strap - not the watch I bought BTW - but in a size that fits the lugs. 
    These have a 19mm lug, there is always a little bar on show or a little it of bunching.
    I have a 20mm time factors NATO with old hardware in coyote brown, it was worn a couple of days and the stuck in the box, if it’s of interest drop me your address by PM and I will bung it in the post. I will put in the washing machine first obviously!!

Master
    These have a 19mm lug, there is always a little bar on show or a little it of bunching.
    I have a 20mm time factors NATO with old hardware in coyote brown, it was worn a couple of days and the stuck in the box, if it’s of interest drop me your address by PM and I will bung it in the post. I will put in the washing machine first obviously!!
    That is very kind of you.

Master
    The Hamilton arrived today and it is lovely. A few pictures on a selection of straps thanks to Sinnlover.

The Hamilton arrived today and it is lovely. A few pictures on a selection of straps thanks to Sinnlover.

Looks really nice, and suits all of those straps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a very nice example. Nice pick up
    Enjoy

Master
    Looks very cool! I'm not a fan of using straps that are too wide for the lugs, the narrower strap looks much better in my opinion.

Craftsman
    Looks good on the canvas - what is it?

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    It's a strap made made by RevO is actually from an old WW2 era mussette bag. It was very kindly given to me by Sinnlover. I'm currently wearing it on the coyote NATO and I don't really notice the extra 1mm. I'm not a huge NATO fan, but it works really well with this watch, probably because it adds a bit of heft. I'm also looking to get a grey 18mm Phoenix.

Nice watch!

Good book!