closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: How long could a battery last?

How long could a battery last?

I bought this wee beastie back in the late 90s when I decided to start running and wanted something cheap and cheerful to act as a stopwatch/distance timer. It did the job admirably but I was unable to continue running 10 years ago due to a torn calf muscle.

The watch sat in a cupboard unused and unloved since then. It saw the light of day again today when I found I needed it’s functions, and I was amazed to find, not only was it still running, it was correct to the day and date, and had lost about 2 minutes in all these years! It was also unfazed by a good old wash in the shower!

This strikes me as an exceedingly unusual battery life!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10 year battery life have been a feature for Casio for a while now, good to know it’s a real thing!

Master
    Very good. I have a Pulsar Spoon that I bought in 1998, and it was still running on the same battery in 2015; I posted about it here:

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...tery-Longevity

Needs a new one now, though..

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    10 year battery life have been a feature for Casio for a while now, good to know it’s a real thing!
    It is indeed! Casio certainly erred on the side of caution with their 10 year claim - this one is now around 23 years and counting!

How long could a battery last?

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Very good. I have a Pulsar Spoon that I bought in 1998, and it was still running on the same battery in 2015; I posted about it here:

Needs a new one now, though..
    Brilliant! Nice post

As you say, the illumination itself must take up a good deal of power, so it’ll otherwise act just like the wee Casio’s changing digits

Quote Originally Posted by pinpull View Post
    It is indeed! Casio certainly erred on the side of caution with their 10 year claim - this one is now around 23 years and counting!

Sorry, I took the 10 years from when you stopped running as the last stint on the battery, to be going from the late 90s is incredible!
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Not as long lived, but my now ex wife bought me a tag F1 when we were first dating. 5 years of marriage followed, and the watch ran until the week that we separated. Then stopped. Bit spooky really.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    Not as long lived, but my now ex wife bought me a tag F1 when we were first dating. 5 years of marriage followed, and the watch ran until the week that we separated. Then stopped. Bit spooky really.
    I bought my dad a PVD Pulsar in the 80s. He had it for about 10 years during which I changed the battery a few times. During his final illness, before he passed, the watch started misbehaving. The long story short, after his passing my mum wore the watch for another 8 years with no problem.

I always laughed at people who said that watches don't work on them but after the above event... I just don't know anymore. Very interesting though.
    THIN is the new BLACK