closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor BB58 collection

Journeyman

Tudor BB58 collection

I am collecting later from Beaverbrooks is it normal to ask for any free merchandise? pens? umbrellas? note books? Omega gave my friend a pen and note pad when he got his seamaster

If you've already purchased it, I can imagine the "what can you give me for free?" conversation being pretty awkward. I've had a free cup of coffee when buying a watch at a shop...once I even got a free glass of prosecco when buying a Longines from an airport shop.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I'd feel awkward asking ... but if you have the front why not ...

Maybe if you convince them you're planning on another purchase soon, or put yourself on a waiting list for another tudor.
    But out of the blue, after the sale has already been done...it's a bit late isn't it?
    Awkward for sure

Journeyman
    You could always ask for a tank of fuel, floor mats, mud flaps and maybe a free first service. Or you could just collect the watch and be happy.

Journeyman
    I am putting my name down for the Panda Tudor

Realistically what value is a free pen, umbrella or notebook going to give you? Unless you are really desperate to walk out of the store sporting your watch and a matching Tudor baseball cap, the quality of a promotional item isn't going to be great and you can buy things like this from eBay for a few quid. I can see the benefit when High St ADs offer deals like the free watch winder or watch roll - even if you don't want to use the item, they are good quality and can be sold to offset some of the purchase price. I can't see the point of asking for a branded promotional item though, just wouldn't interest me.

Why not forget all that crap and ask for a discount on the watch?

Craftsman
    Or see if they will throw in a strap, you might get lucky.

Nice idea but I get the feeling if he's not a regular customer and he has ordered the watch already so the deal is done. In this situation, the shop doesn't feel they have to close the deal and I doubt they would then just give away a free strap. Especially this being a BB58 which although not super-rare, isn't available everywhere.

Best he could do would be to try it on and claim he's being offered one with a free gift elsewhere and would the AD match the offer. Just gets a bit sticky if they ask where!

Personally I would have asked before the deal was done but then again its never too late to ask.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Got a Wolf watch winder and 0% so happy. I will say I went to a dealer old school in Norwich and got treated like a queen and the staff had great knowledge. In Beaverbrooks.... here's your watch do you want it? Smile and bye!

Any purchased and done. Also name down at 2 dealers for the Panda

Good result.

Are we going to see a picture? It's been a long time waiting!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saints2014 View Post
    Got a Wolf watch winder and 0% so happy. I will say I went to a dealer old school in Norwich and got treated like a queen and the staff had great knowledge. In Beaverbrooks.... here's your watch do you want it? Smile and bye!

Any purchased and done. Also name down at 2 dealers for the Panda
    No picture = no watch. it’s the rules.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Journeyman
    It's coming be patient it's not my birthday yet. Rest assured it's been forever coming but its within touching distance of the big reveal

Will be good to see you finally get a watch. Free winder and 0% is a good deal imo.

We actually all chipped it on the winder and credit, just to make sure you got over the line. Enjoy your present when the big day arrives.

Can't imagine spoiling the buying experience to try and get some free tat like a notepad.