closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: what IWC discounts are possible?

Craftsman

what IWC discounts are possible?

Hello all,

I have long wanted to scratch an itch for a blue dialled IWC chrono, it ticks all the boxes I have set for myself, well it almost did until now, let me explain..
    I love the look of the IW377714 (Pilots Chrono, blue dial) but despite several chances I never pulled the trigger because of the solid caseback and ‘Le Petit Prince’ theme, now IWC are launching the IW388101 this month; identical looking on the face of it but a better size (41mm vs 43mm), new movement, clear caseback and a new quick-change system for the strap, all in all its become the perfect watch for me.
    The only downside however is that the price has ‘evolved’ too, to £5850, however if discounts can be had then im still in, so what is your experience with IWC at all the usual suspects/retailers? How much can I realistically expect to pay on this watch, bearing in mind its a new model due out this month.

Many thank all, heres some pics

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread as I'm in the market for a Mark XVIII and would like to buy it new from an AD.
    Also curious as to what discounts can be had...

I'd certainly be interested in the response to your question, i think this is a beautiful watch. I've always loved the look of the 3717 but a display back and blue face certainly add to the attraction.

I'm hopefully going to head over to Mallory's in Bath in the next month and hopefully they will have one to handle!

Master
    Not sure if this is any good, may be grey but good price.
    https://paulgranelli.co.uk/watches/i...-petit-prince/

Master
    Looks as if IWC have got a firm grip on prices, which should support used prices in the longer term. Very little sign of discounts. A pity as IWC seem rather pricey these days. Too expensive to tempt me.

Master
    Blog Entries
    There’s 3 on chrono 24 just now. Less than RRP

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffcotton View Post
    There’s 3 on chrono 24 just now. Less than RRP
    The new model hasn’t been released yet...

Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    Not sure if this is any good, may be grey but good price.
    https://paulgranelli.co.uk/watches/i...-petit-prince/
    It's a different model with the old movement.
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

Craftsman
    The new quick change strap function has got me interested to find out if it is compatible with the aquatimer’s quick release fitting. I expect not but great if it did extend the options.

Master
    Does the RRP, whilst not being ‘cheap’, seem fairly reasonable for these ? It’ll be impeccably made, in-house movement etc….a lot of watch for the money IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quick update on this, I have phoned around and managed to achieve 13% off.
    So that means on bracelet (£6500) is £5655 and on strap (£5850) is £5090 which I think is great for this build quality and brand as others have said.

Quote Originally Posted by trainspanner View Post
    Quick update on this, I have phoned around and managed to achieve 13% off.
    So that means on bracelet (£6500) is £5655 and on strap (£5850) is £5090 which I think is great for this build quality and brand as others have said.
    Have you tried one on? Are they in IWC dealers yet?

I really want to buy one but need to try it it out on my wrist first and see how it sits/thickness etc

Craftsman
    No I haven’t tried one on, I don’t *think* anyone has one in store yet, but this IWC dealer said they are orderable and take two weeks to get one in once ordered.

As for thickness its pretty big at 14mm and understandable with whats inside; chrono and day/date complications. The reduced (41mm) case size might add to the thickness too, if that makes sense.

theres a lot! of photos and videos out there now to see it ‘in hand’.
    Last edited by trainspanner; 7th June 2021 at 19:48.

I do really like these - albeit not in blue, personally.
    There are a couple of IWC ADs near enough to me too.

How do you think they will fair as a daily wearer/ do everything watch - robust enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by trainspanner View Post
    No I haven’t tried one on, I don’t *think* anyone has one in store yet, but this IWC dealer said they are orderable and take two weeks to get one in once ordered.

As for thickness its pretty big at 14mm and understandable with whats inside; chrono and day/date complications. The reduced (41mm) case size might add to the thickness too, if that makes sense.

theres a lot! of photos and videos out there now to see it ‘in hand’.
    Yeah, I have looked at the photos and videos,the watch is superb but until I try it on my 6.6 inch wrists and see how it sits/thickness.I will then make my decision, hopefully will be in the Agents this month.

Craftsman
    Good to know, the steeeeeep depreciation has always put me off buying new IWC

I've always liked IWC Fliegerchronos. I used to own a ref 3706 that I regret selling & used ones are rather pricey now. Unfortunately the modern ones are a tad too big for my wrist.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Well I dived right in and picked one up, one of the first in the UK maybe? Everywhere I rang for their best price said they are expecting stock ‘soon’ or quoted two weeks from the manufacturer, but I was lucky enough to grab one from Berrys the day they got one in, at the aforementioned discount, pictures and details here… https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...51#post5767651

I've got a green one put aside for me to look at tomorrow. At RRP (£6500) I've been offered a BNIB Breguet Type XXI for about the same and at the same money I'd go for the Breguet but if there was 13% off the IWC that'd be a different story.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If you travel via airports it’s quite easy to buy at a decent discount on UK RRP.

Not that difficult in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    If you travel via airports it’s quite easy to buy at a decent discount on UK RRP.

Not that difficult in reality.
    Not any more. No duty free watches at UK airports any more.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk