closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Free watch, best watch. Orient Mechanical Classic.

Free watch, best watch. Orient Mechanical Classic.

(Crossposting from another forum where I posted this earlier.)

Some of you might know I'm leaving Qatar this month, after 40% of my life here. And twenty years ago I hired a lab technician and she's been a brick in those two decades, and one of the people I'll miss from here.

And she's just bought me a leaving present. That's it - it's official, I'm old enough to get retirement presents.

A couple of things.
    a) it's absolutely not the kind of watch I'd buy for myself, and
    b) I love it. It's just great. It's a perfect size for me, and I love the copper touches on the indices and hands. It's wonderful. :dogcited:

The strap will wear in, I know, and then it'll be very comfortable. I'm thrilled. I told my wife, and she said, "That's brave! I've not plucked up the courage to buy you a watch!"

Someone shoot me if I decide to sell it, because my heart will already be dead.

That's a very pretty watch indeed. I know what you mean about it not being a watch you'd buy for yourself, but those colours and that domed dial (?) just work so very well together.

Lovely, classic watch. Very 50s/early 60s, and that's a compliment. You're wearing it a bit tight, though ;)
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Slightly domed dial, domed (mineral?) crystal. It's a very handsome watch. There's so much fun to be had at the value end of the pricing spectrum!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Lovely, classic watch. Very 50s/early 60s, and that's a compliment. You're wearing it a bit tight, though ;)
    The strap will give a little, I'm sure!

I've worn a watch in that same place for forty years, there's a dent there anyway! :)

I'm a big Orient fan, I think it looks great and what a lovely gesture from your colleague, they must hold you in high esteem. I suspect many of my colleagues wouldn't give me the dregs of their coffee when I retire.

But yes, it's being worn too tight and your blood supply is being restricted!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

plz no wrist-shaming. All sizes are beautiful!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    What a fantastic gift, and the watch is lovely too!
    Very reminiscent of the longines conquest heritage.

Nice watch and happy retirement

She has good tastes and it has a lovely dial too. Suits you and looks the part to be a dress watch as well.
    HaPpY Retirement, just don’t sell it on this forum as the hit squad will be deployed. The one with the shot gets the money

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

enjoy retirement - that's a lovely gift!

Not sure how long the retirement will last - I'll run out of money at some point! But it's going to be nice not to work for six months or so, and to get my house in order, literally!

Very nice Wol.

There's a lot of value and stylishness in the Orient range.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

looks really elegant, what a great gift. brave of her to buy a watch for someone like you/us though! did she realise its a 'thing' for you?

Don't ever sell it. Such an amazing gift from someone who appreciates that you have been a responsible person in charge.
    Take care
    Tim

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

Master
    A lovely watch, and gifted with love & appreciation. Cherish.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    ...There's so much fun to be had at the value end of the pricing spectrum!
    True, and Orient are right up there - this one's a beaut. Congratulations, and if that's not a keeper then I don't know what is