closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko 6309 - repair needed

Master

Seiko 6309 - repair needed

Hi all - Not sure if this post belongs here or in the Mods & Wreckers forum, but mods feel free to move it need case.

I have a Seiko 6309-8080 which needs repair or movement replacement. I have been told that a replacement makes more economic sense than a repair but ??? - that's beyond my experience. The watch is obviously not worth a lot of money but was a gift from my wife 37years ago on our 10th anniversary so to me it has enormous sentimental value. The question is can anyone point me to a reliable repairer? I know that several of our members here do small repair work (and I'm sure that this isn't a particularly taxing job) and I was hoping someone here can help me out or point me in the right direction - the only local repair source is Timsons and I won't let them have it. As always many thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Rob

First person I’d be contacting is our very on TheWatchBloke (Duncan). Has done fantastic work for me in the past and not just with Seiko.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would either give Duncan (the watch bloke) or Paul (Walkerwek) a shout. Both top blokes.

It used to be the case that a replacement movement was a viable option for a 6309 , now, Im not so sure, they used to be cheap and plentiful but not so much now, a service repair won't be much more than sourcing a movement and having someone fit it, you then don't know the health of the 'new' movement either. Duncan would be my first choice too but I think he has a long waiting list.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Dave McKane and Guy Jeffrey are also great options.

I was going to suggest Toshi San at KKH services but sadly He's retired He was brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    I would either give Duncan (the watch bloke) or Paul (Walkerwek) a shout. Both top blokes.

Is Walkerwek back in the game? Last I heard he was on bungalow refurbishing duty and wasn’t taking on any watch work

I am pretty sure I have a movement if you need spares
    Feel free to let me know