closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bespoke Zippo engraving?

Bespoke Zippo engraving?

I have an old Zippo that I would like to have hand engraved with a simple motif and text.
    Does anyone have any recommendations for someone that would be able to do this?
    Thanks

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ODP View Post
    I have an old Zippo that I would like to have hand engraved with a simple motif and text.
    Does anyone have any recommendations for someone that would be able to do this?
    Thanks
    There are usually kiosks in most towns, key cutters etc that will do this sort of thing.

Thanks. They usually just do machine engraving. I’m really after simple hand engraving.

Blog Entries
    Depends how much you're willing to spend. I had a watch case back engraved by hand, results were great but it wasn't cheap

Master
    Independent jeweller?

Thanks for the suggestions. I’m really after something a little more free hand like the Vietnam era Zippo’s.

Quote Originally Posted by ODP View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. I’m really after something a little more free hand like the Vietnam era Zippo’s.
    Funnily enough, I had my Vietnam 'Zippo' to hand when I saw your post, I am under no illusions its genuine though.

The USS Caddo Parish LST 515 actually was a tank loading boat used in Vietnam though
    Last edited by JasonM; 1st June 2021 at 17:43.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Funnily enough, I had my Vietnam 'Zippo' to hand when I saw your post, I am under no illusions its genuine though.

The USS Caddo Parish LST 515 actually was a tank loading boat used in Vietnam though

If it has # ZIPPO # Bradford PA made in USA on the base then it could be genuine. A lot of these were made for the tourist market.

# Denotes at letter and number ( s ).

Any top notch engraving is going to charge. J. C. Randell has done many Reverso watches.

Ray Cover Jr. does knives. Can do a zippo

I asked one person about engraving the small bolsters of a knife and was told $1000

An entire zippo. Can't imagine what it would cost

Maybe look for someone in Asia who does it for less

DON

Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    If it has # ZIPPO # Bradford PA made in USA on the base then it could be genuine. A lot of these were made for the tourist market.

# Denotes at letter and number ( s ).
    It does have Zippo markings on the base, but from what I have read up, these were faked extensively, mind you, apparently there is a collector community for the fakes too. ( sorry to the OP for the thread divergence )
    Cheers..
    Jase

The Zippo may be genuine and the engraving fake anyway. But I would tend to believe it is genuine until established it's not, as it is not the most glamorous ship to fake.

Maybe Tom (Pacifichrono) knows of resources online where you might get confirmation...
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.