Since buying a JLC Polaris Chrono, I've been really impressed with the build of JLC watches, so much so that I fancied another. As it's in its 90th year, I thought I'd go for a Reverso. The model and size to get was the next decision. In the end I went for the Classic Large Duoface as I thought it was the best size for my 7.5 inch wrist. I also went for the Classic style as I prefered the Guilloche engraving on the dials and the shape of the hands. The movement isn't hacking and is hand-wind but who cares, I certainly don't. In fact winding the watch is so smooth it's a joy, plus hearing the clicks is so satisfying. The Reverso has been on my mind for many years but I never made the commitment until recently.

It came on a black Alligator strap but I thought it was too formal so I ordered an Ostrich strap and love the look it now has. Incidentally, there are no tools required to change the strap, even on the deployant end. JLC have a wonderful system where all that's needed to release the clasp is the press of the underside.

Deployant release.

The original Alligator strap

The alternative ostrich skin strap.

With the black face the hour hand and Day/Night indicator can be adjusted in one hour increments, whilst leaving the white face on the home time.

The JLC collection.