TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any Audi TT Owners Here?

Master
    Blog Entries

Any Audi TT Owners Here?

Any TT owners in the room?

Ta

Bry
    Last edited by Bry1975; 31st May 2021 at 16:50.

Why did I read that as R8? Ignore me lol
    Last edited by smashie; 31st May 2021 at 16:55. Reason: dumb ass

Craftsman
    I've a Mk3 black edition.

I bought a mk3 TFSI Quattro DSG about 3 months ago if it helps?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks chaps.

Sorry typo smashie.

Got a Mk2 recently, great little fun car

Master
    Blog Entries
    Had a MK1 Roadster bought new in 2003 kept it for 7 years went all over France and Spain many times.

Owned a Mk1 225ps Quattro for a few years. Loved it.

Have had a mark two TTS and a TTV6 years back - I thought both were excellent cars at the time - probably preferred the V6 overall.

Never had any issue with either of them - and I did a lot of miles back then - especially in the V6.

I also never recognized the criticism leveled at the steering (apparently a lack of feedback) as the car was agile, responsive, and gripped hard.

And I’ve had 911’s and numerous other performance cars.

I’d say the TT was a better all round package than a 911 of the time, just not quite as brilliant in the last ten percent.
    So clever my foot fell off.

My sister ran her mk1 into the ground and bought another one recently as she enjoyed her first one so much. I’d pick one up in a flash if I didn’t need four seats and space for the monthly tip run. The mk1 is an iconic design and I much prefer it to the later iterations.

I've had 4 , 2 Mk1, 1 mk2 and a Mk3.

Is there a reason for the question ?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Had a Mk1 3.2 dsg which was lovely. Never used launch control and so gearbox was no problem. A real smile inducing car and great fun. Had it 4 years or so.

Guy who bought it used launch time after time and, guess what, it went phut. Cost a few pennies to fix.

(Still have the private plate on retention if anyone’s interested?? W5DTT)

Jim

Master
    My wife has had 3. First 2 were soft tops, her current one a hard top. She loves them (obviously).

Craftsman
    I’ve had a mark 2 for 14 years. Not quite as sporty as some of its competitors but the rear seats are handy for a dog, if not much else.

it was a no brainier for me.

Any Audi TT Owners Here?

I had a mk1 1.8 180bhp with the S Tronic gearbox, the gearbox failed catastrophically at around 65k. Then a later 2.0 TSFi and the head gasket failed at 60k requiring a £5k engine rebuild. Both had fsh, I have vowed never to go near a VAG car ever again. The VW my wife had was rubbish too. I have owned in excess of 25 cars and these were the worst.

Craftsman
    My wife has a Mk 2 TFSi which she purchased second hand which had done about 20k miles. Now has 100k miles and has only ever had routine servicing at Audi main dealers. A great car. No problems so far although the engine had a slight 'stutter' the other day and a turbo fault code has been recorded. Sticky turbo actuator apparently. It hasn't come back so I'm hopeful it doesn't return as I've been quoted £1800 for a new turbo!

Master
    I Bought a mk1 v6 coupe over Christmas as a bit of a toy, for the money it puts a huge smile on my face every time I drive it iconic design sensible enough for the commute with room to pick my young daughters up from school on the way home hard to fault really.

Had one in "denim blue" when they first came out which drew many positive comments, a year later I managed to chuck a soft top into a field to the tune of £5000.
    Last edited by number2; 2nd June 2021 at 08:46.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by K9david View Post
    I've had 4 , 2 Mk1, 1 mk2 and a Mk3.

Is there a reason for the question ?
    I am thinking the same...the most pointless thread i have read in a while apart from those in the bear pit.

OP what do you want to know...are you buying one,selling one or you already have one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by yumma View Post
    I had a mk1 1.8 180bhp with the S Tronic gearbox, the gearbox failed catastrophically at around 65k. Then a later 2.0 TSFi and the head gasket failed at 60k requiring a £5k engine rebuild. Both had fsh, I have vowed never to go near a VAG car ever again. The VW my wife had was rubbish too. I have owned in excess of 25 cars and these were the worst.
    I don’t think they ever made Mk1 Auto, 180 or 225? definitely wouldn’t have been a S Tronic- 3.2 which came out in 2003 had the DSG box, which was problematic, especially the early cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    I don’t think they ever made Mk1 Auto, 180 or 225? definitely wouldn’t have been a S Tronic- 3.2 which came out in 2003 had the DSG box, which was problematic, especially the early cars.
    It was definitely an auto, might have been a DSG instead of S Tronic. Either way. It was rubbish sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by yumma View Post
    It was definitely an auto, might have been a DSG instead of S Tronic. Either way. It was rubbish sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That’ll be 150 BHP which they introduced later on- When launched in 1999 you could only get the 180 or 225 BHP which only came in a manual box, first Auto box was the 3.2 in 2003 which was DSG- box in the 150 would of just been a standard 6 speed Auto ( 150, 180 and 225 were all 1.8 T)

Jesus, I sound like a right trainspotter :-) I used to import quite a few of the early TT’s and S3’s, at the time I was probably one of the biggest resellers of Mk1 TT’s. Ground breaking car, really changed the market, similar when the R8 was launched.

Jesus, I sound like a right trainspotter :-) I used to import quite a few of the early TT’s and S3’s, at the time I was probably one of the biggest resellers of Mk1 TT’s. Ground breaking car, really changed the market, similar when the R8 was launched.
    Snap!
    Couldn't get enough of the buggers

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Snap!
    Couldn't get enough of the buggers
    It was a lovely time being in the trade, I was literally rolling them off of the transporter and had people queuing up to buy them- I just couldn’t get enough, I must of made the salesman at the German Audi Dealers year, still remember his name Rainer Hauser :-) probably retired young with all the commission he earned…….

It was a lovely time being in the trade, I was literally rolling them off of the transporter and had people queuing up to buy them- I just couldn’t get enough, I must of made the salesman at the German Audi Dealers year, still remember his name Rainer Hauser :-) probably retired young with all the commission he earned…….
    Indeed, I worked for a company based in Amsterdam and we had people scouring Europe for car's at the time.

Master
    Indeed, I worked for a company based in Amsterdam and we had people scouring Europe for car's at the time.
    As you know they first came out you couldn’t get them, i was paying a couple of grand over just to buy peoples delivery slots, crazy demand for them indeed. When you see how little they sell for nowadays it’s ridiculous….

My daughter had an early 225 which I looked after, it would have been 8 years old, not designed for maintenance, thermostat behind the alternator, Haldex, vacuum leaks all over the place, not one of my favourites, I couldn't believe how much they weigh.

I had a Mk1 Sport 240 2 seater with the OEM bucket seats. Very quick in a straight line. Not so quick on the bendy bits. Getting in and out was on a par with the Elise Mk1 I had just before!

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    not designed for maintenance...I couldn't believe how much they weigh.
    Yes, the engine bay was rather tightly packed and user unfriendly in layout. Even changing a battery was a bit of a faff, needing a socket extension bar etc.

Heavy old car for a small coupe too - a lot of user comforts, the Quattro system and a really solid build with heavy doors etc.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Sulk View Post
    I had a Mk1 Sport 240 2 seater with the OEM bucket seats. Very quick in a straight line. Not so quick on the bendy bits. Getting in and out was on a par with the Elise Mk1 I had just before!

Probably my favourite TT. The quatto Sport models are lovely, once you were in them you were snug but like you said getting out was a real pain! Only downside on having the buckets is that you lost the heated seats, you could option them with normal seats but that just defeated the object of buying one to me.

That’ll be 150 BHP which they introduced later on- When launched in 1999 you could only get the 180 or 225 BHP which only came in a manual box, first Auto box was the 3.2 in 2003 which was DSG- box in the 150 would of just been a standard 6 speed Auto ( 150, 180 and 225 were all 1.8 T)

The 150s were roadster only if I remember correctly? I had one. In fact I was interviewed about mine for the TT magazine back in 2003 or 2004.

I’ve had a mk1 roadster and a mk2 black edition. Miss that Mark 2. Big error selling it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    The 150s were roadster only if I remember correctly? I had one. In fact I was interviewed about mine for the TT magazine back in 2003 or 2004.

I’ve had a mk1 roadster and a mk2 black edition. Miss that Mark 2. Big error selling it.
    You maybe right, i cant remember ever selling a coupe, but didn’t really deal in the lower BHP cars, I remember selling a roadster that had been pimped, 3.2 Diffuser, twin exhaust pipes and Revo tuned, looked a bit weird as you opened the door and it had the standard cloth interior. Done to keep the insurance down,, hopefully he never had to claim……

Agree the Mark 2 is a lovely car, never really took off like the original though, i sold my Mark 2 last year, most fun you could have under 10k, pocket rocket.[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Rob153; 2nd June 2021 at 19:28.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post

The 150s were indeed convertible only and front wheel drive rather than Quattro

Had one in "denim blue" when they first came out which drew many positive comments, a year later I managed to chuck a soft top into a field to the tune of £5000.
    Still got the P1800?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Still got the P1800?
    Sadly not, a decision I regret making when we started buying houses, used to do Yorkshire to Henley-on-Thames regularly.