timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any Audi TT Owners Here?

Hybrid View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Snap!
    Couldn't get enough of the buggers
    It was a lovely time being in the trade, I was literally rolling them off of the transporter and had people queuing up to buy them- I just couldn’t get enough, I must of made the salesman at the German Audi Dealers year, still remember his name Rainer Hauser :-) probably retired young with all the commission he earned…….

Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    It was a lovely time being in the trade, I was literally rolling them off of the transporter and had people queuing up to buy them- I just couldn’t get enough, I must of made the salesman at the German Audi Dealers year, still remember his name Rainer Hauser :-) probably retired young with all the commission he earned…….
    Indeed, I worked for a company based in Amsterdam and we had people scouring Europe for car's at the time.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Indeed, I worked for a company based in Amsterdam and we had people scouring Europe for car's at the time.
    As you know they first came out you couldn’t get them, i was paying a couple of grand over just to buy peoples delivery slots, crazy demand for them indeed. When you see how little they sell for nowadays it’s ridiculous….

My daughter had an early 225 which I looked after, it would have been 8 years old, not designed for maintenance, thermostat behind the alternator, Haldex, vacuum leaks all over the place, not one of my favourites, I couldn't believe how much they weigh.

I had a Mk1 Sport 240 2 seater with the OEM bucket seats. Very quick in a straight line. Not so quick on the bendy bits. Getting in and out was on a par with the Elise Mk1 I had just before!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Sulk View Post
    I had a Mk1 Sport 240 2 seater with the OEM bucket seats. Very quick in a straight line. Not so quick on the bendy bits. Getting in and out was on a par with the Elise Mk1 I had just before!

Probably my favourite TT. The quatto Sport models are lovely, once you were in them you were snug but like you said getting out was a real pain! Only downside on having the buckets is that you lost the heated seats, you could option them with normal seats but that just defeated the object of buying one to me.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    not designed for maintenance...I couldn't believe how much they weigh.
    Yes, the engine bay was rather tightly packed and user unfriendly in layout. Even changing a battery was a bit of a faff, needing a socket extension bar etc.

Heavy old car for a small coupe too - a lot of user comforts, the Quattro system and a really solid build with heavy doors etc.