closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Which Bluetooth speaker ?

Which Bluetooth speaker ?

Never had one but now fancy one after hearing one of my grand kids using one as it sounded many times better than the Alexa we tend to use.

She was using a Boom 3 ears, is this one of the better ones ?

Booms are good yeah, I think I’ve got a mega boom and a mega blast, both excellent.

I purchased a denon envaya Bluetooth speaker a few years ago. Excellent sound and to my ears better than similar offerings from bone etc. Looks like there is a newer version

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Denon-DSB-2...076J252RJ?th=1

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

JBL Charge, UE Boom, Bose Sound link. Any of these will be excellent.

JBL Charge is probably the best but quite ugly.

I’m using my UE Megaboom while enjoying the sunshine right now. It’s excellent. Picked it up recently from Amazon for £68. It was an Amazon Warehouse returned product describes as ‘very good’ used condition. To be fair it was as new!

I’ve also used the Boom 3 which is also excellent and has plenty of volume. They are both water and dust resistant which makes them excellent for use in the garden also.

JBL and Boom are one and the same basically and both are excellent speakers.

However, I have just gone for the Sonos Roam. Connects nicely to my Sonos system at home and Bluetooth when mobile, 10hr battery, auto tune and the sound is phenomenal for its size. Plus it is dust and waterproof

Last edited by paw3001; 31st May 2021 at 16:15.

Good point, I forgot the Sonos. Great reviews

I like Anker products and have this bluetooth speaker which I'm pretty happy with

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

+1 for Anker, I've got a couple of the now discontinued Soundcore Sports. The new version has a pretty damn good battery life. Plus they're moisture resistant.

Craftsman
    I’ve got the Roam and finding the battery life is not close to 10 hours. Using mine in garden today and fully charged I got 6 hours and it was down to 4% so had to plug it back in. Not sure if mine is duff but battery seems crap. Sound quality is great. My UE boom on the other hand seems to run forever between charges

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    JBL and Boom are one and the same basically and both are excellent speakers.

However, I have just gone for the Sonos Roam. Connects nicely to my Sonos system at home and Bluetooth when mobile, 10hr battery, auto tune and the sound is phenomenal for its size. Plus it is dust and waterproof

Quote Originally Posted by PAM580 View Post
    I’ve got the Roam and finding the battery life is not close to 10 hours. Using mine in garden today and fully charged I got 6 hours and it was down to 4% so had to plug it back in.
    Battery life also depends on the volume playing. Volume outside is louder than indoors so it will use more power.

Craftsman
    +1 for Sony SRS-BTX300. Getting on now but sounds good. Heavy bit of kit which helps the sound.

Master

I’ve got the UE Boom and I think it’s great. Good sound and good battery life.
    Spooky voice though when you try to use it when the battery is too low.

[QUOTE=PAM580;5761011]I’ve got the Roam and finding the battery life is not close to 10 hours. Using mine in garden today and fully charged I got 6 hours and it was down to 4% so had to plug it back in. Not sure if mine is duff but battery seems crap. Sound quality is great. My UE boom on the other hand seems to run forever between charges[/QUOTE

I've just ordered a Roam, for the bathroom rather than the garden, I took the battery life claim with a pinch of salt.

Craftsman
    All good suggestions above, I’ll throw Minirig into contention as well. I’ve had mine for a year or so now and love it.
    Looks good, sounds good and the battery life is excellent.

I've got the Anker Soundcore Boom which I bought during a black Friday event for £65. Cracking speaker for the money. If you're using outside, the sound quality is arguably less important, but having said that, the Anker kicks out some great sound, with good bass too.

The rest of my house is on Sonos which I feel now fully invested in. The Roam however was too rich for me.

Anker is a brute too, and fully waterproof (it floats!).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Master
    Bose Soundlink Mini for me, great for the garden. Had it 7 years now and still going strong with great battery life.

Master
    I have the UE Boom and it’s great but I consider it more a travel/outdoor speaker. It’s not something I use in the house on a regular basis. If you’re looking to use it mainly at home I’d consider something more substantial, a Bose SoundTouch maybe. These have Bluetooth and WiFi connections and have dedicated Radio preset buttons which are very handy.

Another vote for Anker, paid £22 for the Mini a couple of years ago and its amazing for the price. My Bose Soundlink Mini has not seen the light of day since.

Bose mini link, portable and we have it connected to our TV via a little gold lead to work nicely on that.
    Bluetooth the phone through it anywhere and it sounds great. £100 from John Lewis (2018)

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Never knew there was so many, thanks.

Plumped for this one.

Ultimate Ears, BOOM 3 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker, Bold Sound + Deep Bass, Bluetooth, Magic Button, Waterproof, 15-Hour Battery, Range of 150 ft, Lagoon Blue

Last edited by TheTigerUK; 2nd June 2021 at 11:51.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    Never knew there was so many, thanks.

Plumped for this one.
    You won’t be disappointed with that. You can also add other UE speakers and sync them both. If you add another Boom 3 they will work in stereo.
    Last edited by Mr Tetley; 2nd June 2021 at 12:20.

I agree they are good speakers especially for their cost.

Wow that chosen speaker looks satanic with the broken cross on the front.
    Is it Devilishly bassy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=Linocut;5761145]
    Quote Originally Posted by PAM580 View Post
    I’ve got the Roam and finding the battery life is not close to 10 hours. Using mine in garden today and fully charged I got 6 hours and it was down to 4% so had to plug it back in. Not sure if mine is duff but battery seems crap. Sound quality is great. My UE boom on the other hand seems to run forever between charges[/QUOTE

I've just ordered a Roam, for the bathroom rather than the garden, I took the battery life claim with a pinch of salt.
    Well the roam arrived today, not really impressed with the sound for the price. A lot of artificial bass but overall a hollow quality to it. It’s really small, definite IKEA effect! Unable to recommend I’m afraid.

I got the boom today and to my very unprofessional ears it seems to sound really good and looks the part and took no time to charge from 30% to 100%, nice carry case as well

[QUOTE=Linocut;5762526]
    Quote Originally Posted by Linocut View Post

Well the roam arrived today, not really impressed with the sound for the price. A lot of artificial bass but overall a hollow quality to it. It’s really small, definite IKEA effect! Unable to recommend I’m afraid.

Well that certainly goes against my experience and all the reviews.

Of course, a small mobile speaker can never replace proper HiFi speakers but I would say the Roam is more than equal to Bose, Boom and B&Q in that speaker range.

The other factor is ensure good quality streams being used as well!

Master
    UE Boom 3 is awesome

Sonos Roam.

I'm very happy with my Bose sound link. I was using it in the garden for jazz on Monday and all guests were impressed by the sounds

I think I managed to get it for £90 in a Costco offer on black Friday so it was a no brainer for me