closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor BB58 alternative straps?

Journeyman

Tudor BB58 alternative straps?

With my BB58 blue ordered and arriving in 2 weeks after lots of debate what Nato/rubber straps are available? Can I see pictures/ideas of yours how much and where from? Thank you.

I will post pics when it arrives one I work out how too!

Top just a cheap leather nato - middle is midnight barley single pass nato from cheapestnatostraps approx £12, and bottom is Rios1931 again £12-£20 I think

Here on a selection of Haveston natos. Very comfy and look great but they do tend to fray quite quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is not blue - later this summer I'll likely get one - but the concept applies. I have given up on nato straps for the most part. I find Erika's Original straps to be just about perfect for everyday wear on any watch I previously wore a nato. It is easier to slightly adjust on the fly than the metal bracelet which is why I like to wear it during the summer. If you can stomach the ridiculous price of 75 euros plus shipping (which I rationalize by remembering the price of the watch) and find a color that suits the watch I'm guessing you'll be pleased with the strap.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post
    Mine is not blue - later this summer I'll likely get one - but the concept applies. I have given up on nato straps for the most part. I find Erika's Original straps to be just about perfect for everyday wear on any watch I previously wore a nato. It is easier to slightly adjust on the fly than the metal bracelet which is why I like to wear it during the summer. If you can stomach the ridiculous price of 75 euros plus shipping (which I rationalize by remembering the price of the watch) and find a color that suits the watch I'm guessing you'll be pleased with the strap.

Nice, what colour is the line?

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Nice, what colour is the line?
    It is sand colored, the sunlight makes it look somewhat white in the photo. It is easier to see the color on the website image.

I’ve moved on from the Haveston NATOs now. I ordered a Jean Rousseau Compass Bond (blue) and forgot about it until it arrived at my house yesterday. Whipped it straight onto my BB58 blue and I think it works a treat visually, as well as being a perfect colour match with the dial (as far as I can tell). A match made in heaven…let’s see if it lasts.

Craftsman

Mine on a Rubber B

Last edited by coredriller; 10th August 2021 at 16:24.

Just agreed a purchase of BB58 Blue on bracelet but like the idea of a rubber strap or some other sailcloth options.

Post pics / suggestions / links

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by dandanthewatchman; 11th August 2021 at 19:35.

Master
    Not a 58 but I wear my BB GMT on a Steveo Straps leather strap.

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Spoke to helpful guy at watchobsession who gave me a few ideas. Slightly disappointed that he said the crafter blue rubber would fit. Except it’s 22mm and not the 20mm as the lug size on a BB58. Rubber B out of my budget so just ordered a Vanguard. Seems ok from the YT reviews. Also found a 10% discount code so nets down to 117 US dollars. Will report back when it arrives

Master
    Mine’s the wrong colour but the BB58 is made for NATOs! Leather is just weird on a dive watch!Image1629053399.973545.jpg

Sorry….photo is junk. I haven’t a clue how to get photos to work on this forum.

Last edited by simonj; 15th August 2021 at 20:02.

Quote Originally Posted by simonj View Post
    ...I haven’t a clue how to get photos to work on this forum...

Go here:

https://postimages.org/

Create a free account.

Drag your photo into the site and then click on it. Click the "Share" button and copy the link to hotlink to a forum. Come back here and paste the hotlink in. Viola - you have posted your photo here.

Master
    Go here:

https://postimages.org/

Create a free account.

Drag your photo into the site and then click on it. Click the "Share" button and copy the link to hotlink to a forum. Come back here and paste the hotlink in. Viola - you have posted your photo here.
    Thanks! That seems to work!

I had a vanguard rubber strap on mine, really incredibly comfy and I'd buy again.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug86 View Post
    I had a vanguard rubber strap on mine, really incredibly comfy and I'd buy again.
    Thanks- just had DHL confirmation that it will be here Friday. Some reports are that it is tricky to fit - did you have any problems or have any tips ?

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    Thanks- just had DHL confirmation that it will be here Friday. Some reports are that it is tricky to fit - did you have any problems or have any tips ?

I bought a Rolex style spring bar tool and it took seconds: https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/co...e1?code=S49428

Quote Originally Posted by Doug86 View Post
    I bought a Rolex style spring bar tool and it took seconds: https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/co...e1?code=S49428
    Thanks

Master
    Zuludiver tropic ?

https://www.watchgecko.com/zuludiver...er-watch-strap

Although cheaper on Watch gecko eBay website !

Craftsman
    Very excited to have mine just arrive and tried it on a Pav strap (though think this strap will stay on my speedy)

When browsing for inspiration I loved these two images - first from a bark & jack video with one of his straps and second I think was worn & wound. Both look amazing.

When I tried this on in the shop I was a bit meh, but really happy with it, just feels very solid and comfortable. You can see the dial is lighter than the bezel in my photo, as was referred to earlier in this thread - personally I really like it.

Just ordered the Jubilee from Uncle Seiko, looks great in the pictures.

Vanguard rubber - arrived in 3 days. Very supple and fits well. Very happy with it

Vanguard rubber - arrived in 3 days. Very supple and fits well. Very happy with it

That looks great!

Can you fit a Tudor buckle to that strap? Looks great btw

Craftsman

Ordered myself a few options to choose between! (Right most is the Pav strap that normally lives on my speedy)

Ericas trident white v grey (let’s not talk about the ridiculous price)

Last edited by greenandblack; 1st September 2021 at 23:01.

I really like the Erika's Original straps but admit the prices are eye watering for what amounts to a bit of fabric and metal. Unfortunately none of the EO colors are a close match to the BB58 blue color. I ran across an alternative and decided to give it a shot, especially since it was only $20.

Color is almost perfect. The material is a bit thinner and stretchier than the EO and the clasp might be a tad thinner as well. Regardless, it is comfortable, functional, looks quite nice and is only $20. I bought two to get free shipping and put the other one (khaki w/ red stripe) on my Hamilton beater. Overall I'm pretty pleased with it.

https://longislandwatch.com/accessor...c-watch-bands/

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by greenandblack View Post

Ordered myself a few options to choose between! (Right most is the Pav strap that normally lives on my speedy)

Ericas trident white v grey (let’s not talk about the ridiculous price)

This looks fantastic.

May I ask how “secure” that buckle is ? I’ve never used that type of strap but am considering one however, it looks like it could easily come undone.

Craftsman
    Unfortunately none of the EO colors are a close match to the BB58 blue color. I ran across an alternative and decided to give it a shot, especially since it was only $20.
    That is true, but actually I quite like the darker blue strap (went with the white stripe in the end). I guess the bezel and the dial don’t match either so that’s setting the unmatched tone!

Your option looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedie View Post
    May I ask how “secure” that buckle is ? I’ve never used that type of strap but am considering one however, it looks like it could easily come undone.
    Sorry for the slow response - it feels very secure, and once it’s released, you still have to pull the fabric back on itself over the other loop so it doesn’t go loose immediately. My main issue is getting the knack of doing it up!

Price aside, I love the EO - really comfortable, solid and I think looks perfect.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by greenandblack View Post
    That is true, but actually I quite like the darker blue strap (went with the white stripe in the end). I guess the bezel and the dial don’t match either so that’s setting the unmatched tone!

Your option looks great.

Sorry for the slow response - it feels very secure, and once it’s released, you still have to pull the fabric back on itself over the other loop so it doesn’t go loose immediately. My main issue is getting the knack of doing it up!

Price aside, I love the EO - really comfortable, solid and I think looks perfect.
    Lovely, I think I’ll give it a go!

Finally got round to putting this on.

Love the look but it’s now made me wish Tudor make their own.

I put mine on a Grey, Bark & Jack Nato and haven't removed it since. Really happy with this combo!

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Robins View Post
    I put mine on a Grey, Bark & Jack Nato and haven't removed it since. Really happy with this combo!

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
    Clearly a man of great taste

Now on a watchobsession perlon. Very good value and good colour match

So I now have 3 options - the Vanguard rubber, DiModell sailcloth, and the perlon. And of course the original bracelet. A very versatile watch.

Craftsman
    I’ve not seen a strap like that before - looks great!

Cheers
    Rory

Journeyman
    This one is out there but works. It’s from forstner bands and is called a ladder bracelet.